ZBrushCentral

"Middle Button" Plug-in for ZBrush 4R6

Thank you for your feedbacks. First OS X version in attachment.

updatedMiddleButton_1_5_4R6.zip (19.4 KB)

lifesaver!! thank you very much!!

Thanks for the mac version !

Hi Denvi,

This plugin is really useful to me.
However, I experience the same issue encountered by ancomic:

• Zbrush started with plugin deacticated => plugin works normally after being activated
  • Zbrush started with plugin activated => nothing works (even after several enable/disable actions).

So, using the debug version available (MiddleButton_1_4_4R6_DEBUG.zip), I took some logs.
If these are not enough, I will be happy to perform any tests on your request.

Thank you very much.
Debug_logs.zip (996 Bytes)Debug_logs.zip (996 Bytes)

Hi, chatraed. Please post your configuration files: ā€œsettings.zvrā€, ā€œcustom.zvrā€ from ā€œZStartup\Zplugs\MiddleButtonā€ folder.
Check if the zb function: ā€œPreferences - Interface - Navigation - RightClick Navigationā€ is enabled when zb was launched with activated plugin.
ā€œā€¦nothing worksā€¦ā€ - includes zoom with scroll wheel?
Thanks.

Hi Denvi,

Your feedback is much appreciated.

1. Please, find attached the requested files.
  2. Yes, In both good and bad cases RightClick Navigation is enabled on ZB start. However, I deactivated it and stored the ZB config (Prefs->Config->Store config). In this case, the Middle button plugin behavior is not changed. One more interesting observation is that enabling Middle button automatically triggers the RightClick Navigation in case it is disabled (is it ok?).
  3. ā€œā€¦nothing worksā€¦ā€ refers to panning, rotating and zooming using scroll wheel.

Thanks for your help!zvr_files.zip (342 Bytes)

Hi, chatraed.

Please install plug from attachment, start ZB, enable plug and post error number from message box (it will have the following form: ā€œError installing hook: xxxxā€) if it will be shown.

This is intended behavior.

Thanks.MiddleButton_1_4_4R6_HOOK.zip (12.6 KB)

Good day!
Would you please guide me how to perform this step: ā€œenable plug and post error number from message boxā€.
If I simply uninstall all previous version of plugins and install the ā€œ_HOOKā€ version, then enable/disable it upon the ZB start/restart, no error pops up.

then start ZB, set ā€œEnableā€ in plug, restart ZB. If there is no error, Iā€™ll look for another solution.

We continue our investigation.
Reinstall plug with attachment one. Start ZB. Look to upper right corner of your screen. There should appear the numbers like on the following picture:

debugmsg.png

What numbers do your have?MiddleButton_1_4_4R6_MSG.zip (13.1 KB)

Using MiddleButton_1_4_4R6_MSG.zip, every time there is a different number. Examples attached:

01.png02.png03.png04.png05.png

After restarting ZB with plug enabled first 2 numbers are equal? 3 & 4 numbers = 0 and plug does not work?

Previous numbers were all taken with plugin disabled at ZB start up.
Here are some numbers with plugin enabled when ZB starts:

StartZB_with_plugEnabled_01.pngStartZB_with_plugEnabled_02.pngStartZB_with_plugEnabled_03.png

Plugin isnā€™t working in this case.
Thanks.

Try attached version please (restart ZB with plug enabled).MiddleButton_1_6_4R6_RC1.zip (13.6 KB)

Hi Denvi,

It seems to be working now!
However, there is still a corner case:

Way to reproduce:

• Deactivate Right Click Navigation (Preferences->Interface->Navigation->Right Click Navigation)
  • Store config as ZB default
  • Make sure Middle button plugin is enabled
  • Restart ZB
  • Middle plugin is enabled, however Right Click Navigation is not. So, things donā€™t work. User must manually activate Right click navigation or turn off->turn on Middle button plugin.

Itā€™s not that severe issue and I could live with it.
But if it is easy to solve, it would be great.
Thanks.

Thanks a lot, if I could I would kiss you for this :D;):smiley:

I have Macintosh (MacBook Pro) not PC. Where can I put plugins for Zbrush on MiddleMouse?

mac4kent > ZBrushā€™s plugin folder is :
Windows > ā€œC:\Program Files (x86)\Pixologic\ZBrush 4R?\ZStartup\ZPlugsā€
Mac OSx > ā€œ/Applications/ZBrushOSX 4R?/ZStartup/ZPlugsā€

Denvi > Just wanted to say hi and thank you again for the help on ZAdjustor :slight_smile:

Hi to you back Denvi smile friendly.
I got you thank you for show me direct on Mac Application > ZBrushOSX 4R6 > ZStartup > ZPlugs > ā€¦ on Youtube show you.

Problem I did show you on youtube there is error open Zbrush on MiddleMouse.