ZBrushCentral

Announcing ZBrushCore

Zbrush core video in Wacom facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Wacom/videos/10153718263246691/

and some new here http://finance.yahoo.com/news/create-sculpt-print-wacom-presents-140000872.html

For the fact that is free with the $199 Wacom Tablet in late October then either the Core without a Wacom is still free, or its a very reasonably priced.

We can of course only speculate regarding Zbrush 5, but my feelings are there must be something much bigger than the core around the corner otherwise they would be taking a hit in Zbrush sales against the current version, unless the Core is missing some very important featurs to the 3D artist working in a 3D Pipeline.

Dan

If its what I think it is, it will be kind of cool for teaching. i can see problems though like trying to help someone do something only to find that they cant because they are missing that feature. This is something I hate about KeyShot, most people have a diferent version.
On the other hand taking someone from Sculptris (still the best sculpting software I have ever seen) to something a bit less complex than ZBrush, but still ZBrush could be pretty awesome.
If its really free with a $200 wacom tablet that’s sort of hard to beat. I’d buy that package as a gift for people.

@Regnas:
The inflate tool would be hilarious, but slice would be horrendous.
2.5D inside of VR would cause an implosion.

^ LOl… :smiley:

In ZBrushVR™ we could wear the deco brush for added flamboyance!

Imagine what being inside of ZBrush would be like if you COULD paint in 2,5D it would actually be one of the most awesome things ever.

Suddenly I might see why VR could be fun if it were affordable.

what makes sense to me as developer

or Zbrush 5 is nothing more that a x64 support with more tools to complete the toolset
maybe some improvement at scripting level, especially to create better UI and plugins.
And the viewport would have been updated with the shader system that could be modern
with some kind of PBR rendering, IBL and real time rendering. we can speculate around the
the postulate that pixologic is completing the tools, but i don’t think they will rewrite
everything. so what more ? more VR experience ? i am not sure, but a dev team that quits the main stream
line of his development is taking a lot of risks.
3dcoat is also working on a tablet version of their software.

Now the name Core, make me think only the core has been updated, and different build will have to be updated by
Two different teams at pixologic ? fragmentation is complexe, this means that ZbrushCore and Zbrush 5 will
share the same… Core , it’s simple as that :wink:
More we try to decrypt more we speculate on such stuff.

Please let this be good enough to let me teach this instead of Mudbox! I just need to be able to have students sculpt and auto-retopo decently enough to cram game models into an engine. Doesn’t even have to be perfect. Just has to be free for students to download. :stuck_out_tongue:

linux, please, please

I was really hoping ZBrush 5 would be the first step toward offering a UI with panels that work more like the respective OS that the app is installed on (panels that could be docked in any monitor in a multi-monitor setup and not tied to the main window - like Adobe CC apps).

I’m happy to see there’s a cost-effective option for people who don’t have ZBrush and want to work their way to it, but the UI of this “Core” product seems work in the same way as all previous versions, and I can’t imagine they would want a different UI between “Core” and “Full”.

hope it has Zbrush fibermesh

The only thing I’d want, and I want the same regular ZBrush, is camera control that matches Maya and a shortcut configuration that allows for this without loosing any of the power that ZBrush presents.

Since Core is a new program and one that will not likely be used by old-hat professionals, I hope you take the opportunity to try “new” things in its sandbox. Please for the love of god allow for Maya-style camera spinning.

why not just simply free zbrush for everyone,but user must pay when export their model?:stuck_out_tongue: that mean,if someone never pay,then his model can only be viewed inside zbrush :lol:.

Praying for a Steam release of Zbrush 5.

:smiley:

@Prophetta,
I don’t know much about Steam when it comes to non-gaming applications. What are the benefits of having ZBrush available through steam? Would it make upgrades easier?

Thanks

@TonyV125

There are a lot of other CGI and game development softwares already on Steam like 3D Coat, Substance Painter and Substance Designer, Mari, Marmoset Toolbag, and Marvelous designer will be launched September 12th.

The advantages for buying the softwares through Steam are the organization, so wherever u go if you download steam you can access the softwares that you bought easily on your library.

Every time you log in on your steam account, it will search if there is any new update for softwares or games automatycally.
There are a lot of paying methods for you to pay for everything, and it’s better if you dont want to use your credit card , and pay a lot of taxes just for using the credit card. As i do not live in the US, this is the best benefit for me.

Since other companies started launching their softwares there, i automatically bought their products, and will never have to use (unofficial stuff) again.

:smiley:

“why not just simply free zbrush for everyone,but user must pay when export their model?:stuck_out_tongue: that mean,if someone never pay,then his model can only be viewed inside zbrush”

Aurick, hold me back please…

wacom europe has posted a new short video

No subtools grouping
The UI looks to have been a little bit edited, but i can’t to see any new type of button like input list.

firefox_2016-09-09_09-15-05.png

I just hope people who bought ZB after they release R7 will receive a free update for Zbrush 5, like it was with 3.5 users.

Faceless : still no Subtool grouping :frowning: . To do it on ZBrush you can use Zscene Manager, great little plugin. It also allows you to sculpt and paint on multiple Subtools simultaneously.
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?198711-ZSceneManager-plugin
I hope it will work on ZBrush Core too !

thank you Aymeric; i know that :slight_smile:
i just hoped for a built in solution directly in Zbrush.

Whats the point ? We have Zbrush… A free student ver would be cool. Max did it years ago.