ZBrushCentral

ZTree Plugin

Wow! This I can use!

Thank you so much. I’d missed this entirely.

Thank you !:+1:

Big Thanks from me too, realy cool plugin :+1:

Hello, dargelos do you think you might release a PDF of the instructions and what not you posted in the beginning? With all of that attractively displayed info regarding the buttons and explanation of the angles and such. Thanks for the plugin also it’s awesome!

Hey. The tool looks really nice, but it crashes ZBrush 90% of the time with the Message “ABNORMAL TERMINATION”.

Wow, this looks pretty cool!
Thank you very much for sharing!:+1:

Cheers!

Very much appreciated, it’s worked very well for me so far

Brkov,

Hey. The tool looks really nice, but it crashes ZBrush 90% of the time with the Message “ABNORMAL TERMINATION”.

sorry you are having problems . That never really happened to me. It doesn’t crash in my PC .

MrMedellin
I could put together a PDF with all the info if that helps

Hi Dargelos,
thank you for this wonderful plugin. I have trouble replicating your last tutorial about L-sys, the problem seems to be that when I use “store on selected slot” function, I cannot go back resetting or empying that slot. Is there a way to do that or am I doing something wrong?

cheers

Xedef,
so , do you want to empty the slot ? Could you successfully store your segments ?
When you want to store a segment you use the slot selector slider and then you click on store… When you want to use them with the L-sys button, you can select the segment you want to use with the segment slider.
if you want to use all the 6 slots randomly, activate the segmentRn switch.
If you want to use this random selector switch but using just 2 or 3 slots and leave the others inactive or empty… I didn’t think of that possibility but maybe you could store the same segment in slots 1 and 2 , another in 3 and 4 ,and another in 5 and 6… This way it would be like using 3 …
So I didn’t think I would need to empty the slots… You can choose between using the selected segment or use them ALL if segmentRn is active .
If you want to reset to the initial default segments there is no other way but unzip the ztree.zip and replace the ztreedata folder .
One thing I have done when experimenting with the plugin was save the 6 GROW subfolders inside ztreedata. If I am happy with a set of segments then I save those folders… So if I wanted to use them again I would copy them inside the ztreedata folder replacing its content.

Does the plugin works for ZB Mac version???

Awesome Pluggin about to do some testing,
Could be interesting to add a global factor for direction in there like angled based sun spot.

Keep up the great work!

Best regards Ronald van Erp :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Somebody want to give me a clue how to install this Plugin? When I search the documentation, all I come up with is talk about the default Plugins. Thanks.

Quite an amazing plugin, should be an integral part of Zbrush. Can’t wait to try making Bonsai trees with it!
A couple of tiny suggestions, perhaps some of the button labels could be more intuitive? The biggest complaint I hear about Zbrush is the learning curve for a new user, so user friendliness is paramount. An example would be calling the tree types ‘Deciduous’ & ‘Coniferous’ rather than Sympodial & Monopodial (although the icons are Ace!), and using ‘cyc’ rather than ‘cy’ and ‘Zsph’ rather than ‘ZS’. These are minor points to be sure, but Zbrush - and 3D apps generally - have SO many acronyms to learn.
It also strikes me that it would be far simpler to create a tree if one didn’t have to move over to Fibremesh to make leaves. I’m sure it’s impractical and bloody hard work for Ztree to have it’s own ‘built-in’ version of Fibremesh, and there are probably ownership of code issues as well, but in an ideal world…

Anyway these things aside it’s just incredible of you to make this and then offer it to us gratis. I hope Pixo buys this from you and makes it part of the worlds greatest 3D app! And congrats on the top row, makes me wonder what other plugs I’ve missed coz they didn’t get up there!!!<script type=“text/javascript” src=“safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/5ab46d2e/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js”></script><script type=“text/javascript” src=“safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/5ab46d2e/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js”></script><script type=“text/javascript” src=“safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/5ab46d2e/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js”></script>

I am struggling to install this plugin. I’m in the tree business and would love to design some trees.

JBmonge,I don’t have a Mac but the plugin is 100% zscript so I don’t see why it wouldn’t work in a Mac.
Weatherman. installing this plugin is like any other, just unzip ztree.zip and copy the content( ztreedata folder and ztree.zsc ) in …/startup/zplugs. The plugin should appear in the plugin menu.

Slashpot, I totally agree , I didn’t really know how to name the buttons and sliders. Some are really silly.

RonaldVanerp, that’s a good idea . I think something similar can be achieved rotating the tree and using the antigravity as global factor . But something that would allow us to use deformations and masks in a easy way would be very nice to have.

Finally figured out how to install it, at least temporarily. What you get with the download is not exactly the ZPlugin directly, but a ZScript that will install the plugin. Go to the ZScript menu and Load the .zsc file from the expanded zip download. After that, ZTree will appear under the ZPlugin menu, but only until you restart ZBrush. I don’t know how to make it permanent yet.

One problem that I noticed on the Mac. Everything seems to be upside down. If I generate a tree or even load some of your examples. They’re all upside-down.

Best

Ricky

halogenic, you just oriented your tree upside down. Just rotate the view. The “anti-gravity” effect is view-based, so for example, if you want to make branches you orient your view one way (top of the tree up), and then to make the roots you just rotate the view 180° (top of the tree down). You can even orient it sideways to make some bent tree.

And also there’s no reason the plugin would work differently on MAC vs PC, as it is pure zScript.

(dargelos correct me if I’m wrong)

You are totally right Keupon… The trees will be upside down but you can always mirror in the Y axis or rotate them. And the reason for this is what Keupon mentioned. I thought it would be practical to have an "attraction force " of some kind. This force, that I called antigravity just because I thought it was a cool name , always works in the same direction. This means you have to rotate your tree to get different effects. So don’t worry about the orientation and size of the tree because you can always change that easily.
Maybe I could make some kind of attractor or magnet that you could add as a subtool and move it around.