ZBrushCentral

ZSpheres Rigging Unwanted Twisting of the Skin

Hello!
I have weird behavior of ZSpheres when used for rigging. When I am posing - rotating the Leg from the hip (side view) the Skin of the Leg, especially the Foot is twisting around the ZSphere chain . Only the rIgged Skin is twsiting, the ZSphere Chain keeps the right orientation.

I found a topic about this issue, unfortunately there is no solution:

I can confirm, that this is happening, where there is a corner in the chain. Example: leg to foot 90 degrees . The arms for example are evolving more straight down the chain and do not have this behavior.

Some Images below…

Please help!

Thank you!

Hello @hri-hri

ZBrush version and OS ?

Note that there was an issue with adaptive skin twisting on MacOS that was fixed in ZB 2021.1. If this applies to you, please update your program version.

Enhancements/Updates
Converting ZSpheres to adaptive skin no longer causes twisting on macOS </blockquote>

zBrush 2021.1.1
Windows 10

I am aware of the Adaptive skin twisting…

Actualy my issue consists since many versions. I opened a earlier project where i made some rigging, and i found snapshots of poses, which have the same behaviour. Which means it is not new version issue.

It means actually, that my leg/foot setup should always has the same result when posing. Can please someone with more zBrush rigging experience confirm this? Or is there a work around for rigging leg/foot?

I really need to get this rig working properly. I need to stick to zBrush because of different subtools, which i have to individually combine and edit after posing.

Please help!