ZBrushCentral

ZBrush 2021.1 Released

zbcthumb.1

Pixologic is pleased to release ZBrush 2021.1. This important update to ZBrush 2021 includes the following:

ADDED:

Preferences >> Tablet >> Tablet Driver API to determine how ZBrush works with Windows Ink, affecting performance when using a tablet on Windows. If you experience lag issues when interacting with models, trying one of these other settings should resolve them.

• There are 3 options:
    • WinTab (default mode): Will not handle Windows Ink. This will operate like it did in ZBrush 2019.
    • Stylus: Handles Windows Ink the same way it did in 2020.1.4.
    • WM_Event: Handles Windows Ink the same way it did in 2021.

Enhancements/Updates

• Stability improved when using ‘Transpose Cloth’ and Firmness
  • Preferences >> Gizmo 3D >> Tap to Exit Gizmo Mode now saves with Preferences >> Store Config
  • Gizmo3D ‘Go to Unmasked Mesh Center’ now respects local symmetry
  • Converting ZSpheres to adaptive skin no longer causes twisting on macOS
  • ZModeler Point >> Move >> Snap to Surface will now save with custom ZModeler brushes
  • SubTool function stability improved (scrolling, deleting, appending)
  • Gizmo3D ‘Inflate’ functionality returned to 2020 settings
  • Draw Draft Analysis rendering updated
  • Improved Dynamic Subdivision Post SubDiv rendering
  • Increased navigation speed when using models with PolyFrame and PolyPaint
  • Transferring of texture detail to PolyPaint improved
  • Improved SnapShot3D PolyGroup generation
  • Plugin: Text 3D and Vector Shapes updated on macOS
  • Plugin: TransPose Master updated

REVERSIONS:

• TrimRect brush functionality returned to normal
  • Pinch brush returned to 2020 settings
  • Blob brush returned to 2020 settings

For a recap of what is in ZBrush 2021, click here.

UPDATING

If you have ZBrush 2021:

You have two ways to get ZBrush 2021.1

• In your ZBrush installation directory, run the ZUpgrader application. Follow the on-screen instructions to update your version.
  • If you prefer a stand-alone installer to an update, begin by uninstalling ZBrush 2021. Next, download the ZBrush 2021.1 installer from My Licenses.
    Please note that this will not modify your current ZBrush installation or desktop shortcuts. It will create a new directory and new shortcuts.

If you have ZBrush 2020 or below:

Follow the instructions in our Knowledgebase Article to upgrade. This will give you ZBrush 2021.1 from the outset.

Please note that this will not modify your current ZBrush installation or desktop shortcuts. It will create a new directory and new shortcuts.

Happy ZBrushing! :slight_smile:

15 Likes

@aurick Do you guys intend to reform or improve the “transpose master” to have a better system for posing the characters?

There was update to 2021.1.1 - where can I read about changes? I know these are probably small, nevertheless would be cool to know.

3 Likes

me too

A post was split to a new topic: ClayPolish Changes

A post was split to a new topic: Download Problems