ZBrushCentral

Loss details from texture from painting, texture from masking

As title, it’s since quite time that i have this particular issue. When i try to create and export a textur map from my cavity map, made with masking, instead of this:

i have this

Now, the funny thing is that if i put in morph UW mode i don’t have any loss of details

and i could try to export the image with “document -> export” but try to obtain the exact scale of the uv map it’s kinda of nightmare…

Somebody nows how extract this texture without loss of details and whit the right proportions?

Thank you very much and sorry for my broken english

Hello @Laurelion

Sorry I missed your thread! You’re posting this question in a forum dedicated to an obsolete version of the program. If you haven’t done so already, please upgrade, and be sure to post questions on the main help board in the future so they aren’t missed. :slightly_smiling_face:

When baking a texture from polypaint, the texture map must be of high enough resolution to capture the detail from the polypaint. Increase the resolution of your texture, or lay out your UVs in such a fashion that more image map space is dedicated to the problem areas.

You can’t compare the visual results of a texture flattened in Morph UV mode directly to a texture applied to the un-flattened mesh. Flattening the geometry distorts the polygons in different ways than they might be displayed on the normal mesh. Some areas might be contracted and denser than they would be on a convex surface.