ZBrushCentral

ZSceneManager plugin - (SubTools folders)

Hi,

I downloaded the trial but can’t get the plugin to work due to Sierra security. After install I try to launch the plugin but need to approve it from within the Security tab in Sierra, “open the app anyways and yada yada”. But from there on when I launch within Zplug palette in Zbrush, it just crashes.
Do we know how to get around this?

Thanks

Chris

@jderiggi: 1.3 has no way to save mask like in 1.4. I don’t know exactly when I will release 1.4. But I hope I can do it soon…
@C-man: Today I have installed Sierra on my mac to take a look at this issue. On my Sierra config, I can launch ZSceneManager without any problem. But few Sierra users have reported the same issue. Right now, I don’t know how to get around this… I will take a deeper look at this issue later…

Thanks for the info Maxime! Looking forward to the 1.4 release. Except for skinning a TPose Mesh in Maya,Max,etc and creating even a simple rig (which is much more time consuming), your tool is currently the most flexible and efficient way to pose a character with tons of subtools. Thanks again.

John

Oh hallelujah - Thank you for making this plugin!

Hi max is there any way to open zscenemanager automatically when you open zbrush?, thanks

Hi Azzazel,
Not yet.
Maybe something to add in the next version…
(NB: with the ‘J’ hotkey, you can quickly open/close ZSceneManager)

Hi Max,

absolutely wonderful plugin!
I’ve start using the Pro version recently and I’m very happy you brought this functionality to Zbrush.

Here are some findings that might help you for the future versions:

BUGS / ISSUES:

I experienced problems with the GoZ command - sometimes it sends the wrong models to 3dsmax. Sometimes it send the right models but the UVs were missing.
Also in order to use the standard GoZ button from the Tool palette I had to close Zscene Manager first. If Zscene manger is on the screen and I press some of the GoZ buttons like All or Visible, nothing happens. As soon as I close Zscene Manager, the GoZ process starts and the models are send to 3dsmax.

FEATURE REQUEST:

Batch rename, add suffix or prefix:
The batch rename tool is wonderful. I would really like if you can add “prefix” and “suffix” features.

For example, to export from Zbrush for texture baking in Substance Painter I add “_high” at the end of each exported subtool and “_low” to its lowpoly corresponding part.

Thanks once again for this awesome plugin!

Hi VertexBee,
Thanks a lot.
I pretty busy right now, but this is definitly something I can add ASAP. I will also thank a look at this bug.

Hi Max,

Not sure if others are having this issue but when renaming a group with incremental subtools it causes my zbrush to crash entirely. However, this only happens if renaming the group with the name of the increment in the title. For example:

If renaming:

newgroup:
subtool1
subtool2
subtool3

to:

subtool:
subtool1
subtool2
subtool3

It also crashes even if I add a prefix or suffix:

group_subtool:
subtool1
subtool2
subtool3

from what I’m finding is that as long as the name of the increment is anywhere in the group’s name, zbrush will crash.

Just purchased ZSceneManager. It’s great!

I do have one request, though: please remove the builtin hotkeys or somehow allow the hotkey assignments to be disabled. The problem is that ZBrush doesn’t allow you to override builtin hotkeys and finding good hotkeys for brushes towards the left side of the keyboard is already tricky. For me, ZSceneManager is stomping the J hotkey which I have been using for the ClayTubes brush for a while.

I think it’s much better to leave it to the user what commands to assign hotkeys to.

Hello!

Just bought a licence for this excellent plugin but I’ve got an issue when trying to register.

ZSMcrash-Capture.JPG

When using in “free” mode there is no problem at all. I tried many reinstallations with no success.

Specs: Win10 64bits 64Go RAM - ZB4R7p3 64bits

Hi Zegolem,
I sent you a private message about this issue.

UPDATE:Its works now! Thanks for the help Max! :slight_smile:

Hi Max, As C-man pointed out earlier, my copy also crashes. Im on a MacBook Pro with Macos Sierra 10.12.4 and have the Pro Version of Zscene
Screen-Shot-2017-04-07-at-3.05.12-AM.jpgScreen-Shot-2017-04-07-at-3.03.52-AM.jpg
Had also emailed your support, do let me know how I can help to rectify this. This plugin is a must have for an upcoming project!

Hi all,

I’m glad to release a new version of ZSceneManager : 1.4.

You can download it here! (it’s free of charge if you already have the PRO version license)

The new features are (see this pdf)

• new renaming fonctions : add/remove prefix and suffix + “Find & Replace”
  • Mask Layers + “Buffers Window”…
  • Align/Center commands
  • Copy/Paste subtools system.
  • many bugs fixed…

I also made a video to introduce these new features.

//youtu.be/yR-2qnV3XYQ

NB: As this video does not cover all new features, I will try to make other videos as soon as I find time for that. Stay tuned on my FB page or twitter account…

Thanks a lot to all ZBrushers who helped me to create this new version of ZSceneManager.

Thanks for the great plugin!

Can you say anything about how well it will work with the new Interactive Booleans that pixologic is prepping for 4R8? I want to buy the full zscene manager but am hesitant because of complications that might arrise.

The new boolean should not bring complications with ZSceneManager. But, I can’t certify this. I will test when ZBrush4R8 will be released.

Hi Maxime, I upgraded to 1.5 and no matter what tool or project I open - ZSCMgr will either crash or not display subtool Names. Ideas?

zscmgr1.5.PNG

Hi ABQ,

Please try this for a fresh clean update :

• quit ZBrush.
  • delete ZSceneMgr.zsc and ZSceneMgrData folder (in ZStartup/ZPlugs64 folder)
  • install ZSceneManager 1.5 (in ZStartup/ZPlugs64 folder)
  • open an explorer in “C:\Users\Public\Documents\ZBrushData\ZSceneMgr”
  • delete everything except “zscmgrlic.txt”
  • launch ZBrush

Does it work better now?

PERFECT!

Thank you Maxime! I Love this plugin!:smiley:

Love the plugin. Will try it on the new 4R8 version today and hope it won’t give me troubles. One thing I noticed is, when you merge for sculpt, you loose the creasing on your meshes. That would be someting to fix, if possible.