ZBrushCentral

ZSceneManager plugin - (SubTools folders)

Hi Jens,

Yes, it’s a small bug. It has absolutly no effect on ZBrush: ZSceneManager is crashing, not ZBrush!
The expected behaviour is : When ZBrush is closing, ZSceneManager should close automatically without reporting a crash. This is what happens on my machine.
I would be please to fix this issue so that it works properly on your machine too. Please send me an email from this page www.exoside.com/contact/ and give me more information: your config, how I can reprodure the crash, is it always happening or just sometimes…

Thanks.

Thank you f lot for a great plugin! Instant purchase! It was my wet dream for Years!! So glad!!
I do have some questions, however

1. Is there any way to move pro version between two PC’s or do I have to by two copies separately.

2)What happens to my PRO version when I reinstall the OS or something along those lines?

1. Had issues when I tried to launch the free version on my job PC that has some kind of LAN user account:

After I click agree to EULA the system kickes me out and shuts down the monitor with zbrush completely. Replugging the cable and then rebooting solves the problem.
I tried this two times with exactly the same result.
However, launching plugin from another local account did not cause any problems -Zscene launched fine. Then I checked “Use windows style” and relogged into my LAN account - and the plugin started to work fine after that.
OS - Win 10
PS you really have to do something about this eula agreement. Both me and my friend had issues, but of different kind.
This first time is really important in my mind))

And thank you A LOT!!!

Works very well.
…now…can you do anything to help the Layers Pallet?:D;)

@Anton_Guzeyew

1-One user, can install and use ZSceneManager PRO on 2 computers.
Moreover, you can move your license from 1 computer A to another computer B:

• First deactivate your license on computer A (ZSceneManager’s menu > ‘Misc…’ > ‘Deactivate license’)
  • Then simply activate your license on computer B

2 - If you reinstall your OS, after re-installing ZBrush and ZSceneManager, you will have to re-activate ZSceneManager. ZSceneManager will recognize that it’s the same computer than before and it will re-activate successfully.

3 - Wow… I never tested with a LAN user account. and Yes! I agree that I should fix this.
I will work on this issue but I may have few question/tips for you, and I will certainly ask you to test new versions with your LAN account… I suggest we continue this part of the discussion by email.

Best.

@puzzle3d
What do you have in mind ?

• Layers grouping hierarchy ?
  • fast access to your layers in a window + quickly select which layer you want to edit…
    Or something else?

This sounds like a good idea. I’m currently very busy but I may do this later.

Thanks.
-Maxime

A couple of bugs I noticed while using this awesome plug:

1. merge for sculpt -if you delete complete subtool while in ‘Merge for sculpt’ zbrush will crash afterwards. So Don’t do it everyone))

2. For some reason “Subtool Master -> do visible -> correct duplicate subtool names” won’t sync up with “Zscenemngr”
    And when you rename in zscenemanager after using aforementioned subtoolmaster operaion, the postfix from subtoolmaster is added after the name you enter in zscene manager. weird.

3. general problems with syncing visibility when using groups. updating full tree usually helps

GREAT WORK ! i had like 100 subtool, and i was trying to fix the overlap in meshes for 3d printing in parts. This saved me like a week or even more of work ! maybe there is a tool for this, but i didnt do the researchs anyway, lol. maybe latter
I just want to say 3 thing in my opinion would make it even better.

1. layers menu - colors or some division betwen layers - that would make it easy to the eye to identified each leyer
  2. List of command - delete “hide selected and shows others” (its more easy just click on the eye icon) making a shorter and efficient menu
  3. Change the name of “Show selected, hide others” for “Show only” or something more shorter and easily to read (maybe im lazy, but saving that time every time you use those tools, make a workflow faster, and it takes just a little effort to do change that name, so, am i the lazy one? :stuck_out_tongue:

those things would make a workflow much better :smiley:

in a 1 to 10 scale. 9,99 its not 10. 10 its perfect. though 9,99 had an error however small it may seem - Someone, somewhere, sometime.

omg sry 4 ma englis :v
thanks for this !
Cheers!:+1:

@Anton_Guzeyew: Thanks a lot for reporting these bugs.
1-This is already fixed, and the fix will be available in next release.
2- Yes, more generally as soon as the names are modified by another plugin you need to do a ‘Update Full Tree’ so that ZSceneManager get synched.
In the next release, the postfix added by SubTool Master (…_copy1) will be visible in ZSceneManager window.
3 - For technical reasons, synching between ZSceneManager and ZBrush is an hard task. Sometimes a ‘Update Full Tree’ is needed to get a ‘fresh synch’…

@Naach0:
Thanks for the nice words. As the menu becomes bigger, I agree that making it more readable is a plus. I will check what I can do for the next release.
Cheers!

I found a little bug or not? When I transfered objects from maya to zbrush use the plugin with merge for sculpt then transfer in maya again - it messed up position and scale for all subtools! why is that? How can I transfer them in the same scale and position? txs

Thanks for the bug report. I just fixed it. This will be available in next version (1.4) …

When will be available? (I’m a pro owner)

In few weeks.

I just purchased the pro version of ZScenManager. I copied the script into my plugins64 directory - started it - registered it and then closed the window and it crashes.
ZSM.PNG

Every time I start it - I have to acknowledge the license and it comes up to the [FREE] version and states Need Update Full Tree.

I have never run the free version, have tried different sculpts, and I am running the latest version of ZB with Keyshot Pro. How should I troubleshot this script?:confused:

I also tried to copy / paste and the drag method for the license key. It does say activation successful.
zsm_act.PNG

Thank you.

Hello ABQ, I will send you a private message to fix this issue.

I tried the build you provided; however, while I do get the initial license screen, that is all. The main window comes up black and after waiting a few minutes I click on the black window - it crashes.

If it will help, here are my System Specs:
sys1.PNG
sys2.PNG
sys3.PNG
sys4.PNG
sys5.PNG
I also have ZB installed on a SSD (E:) and have a 3DConnexion Pilot Pro 3D Mouse. Anything other info you may need - please let me know. Is there another log file I can provide?

If this will run with realtime booleans, it will be almost a must have…any plans ?.. :wink:

@ABQ: Thanks for your help for fixing this issue.

@Knacki: I must wait to have access to the 4R8 to answer… but from the video, I can imagine that switching the boolean icon directly from ZSceneManager window would be very usefull… (of course working on multiple SubTools in a single click …)
Do you have something else in mind ?

That sounds absolutely lovely!
Hope Pixologic once will find a deal with you for full integration.
Scenes seems to grow rapidly. :wink:

Thanks for the great plugin Maxime. I see that in the beta video of 1.4, it has the ability to save masks in a buffer. You had mentioned in a previous post that v1.3 had some mask saving ability as well. Is this the same between both versions, since 1.4 is not officially released yet? That is a really helpful feature that would save lots of time compared to Transpose Master, especially for organic characters with clothes or other accessories needing to move or rotate together like in your beta video. Thanks for any info!

John