ZBrushCentral

ZBrush Summit 2014

Alarm clock set - Super excited for a new version… I really would like to see a Zremesher tweak to stop spirals and rigging would be just epic. But to be honest I couldn’t care because I know whatever is coming is going to be awesome. .

Love this software, one of the best purchases I ever made!

I’m hoping for rigging to be supported in GoZ (going both ways).

@Thebest12 and squeige–I would guess fall, or no later than the end of this year. It’s been an unusually long time since the last upgrade (over a year, in fact) and Pixologic don’t really seem to let the cat out of the bag until things are pretty much ready to go.

Unless they are starting the pitch early to give us time to adjust to the fact that an upgrade to ZBrush (5?) will come at a price. I hope it doesn’t, but couldn’t fault them if it does, after so many years of generous freebies–especially if there really is some sort of integrated Keyshot renderer.

I know 64-Bit will be added if this is ZBrush 5. Same goes with what paul from pixologic teased about true pixel painting on uv’s to be enabled in a future version of zbrush from the zbrushworkshop class.

Also, I just want them to allow a proper legible layer system that is not cumbersome to use. Much like Mudbox, also a material system w/ various real-time lighting and shadow updates in the canvas viewport. Because not having the Matcaps update like that is pretty unfortunate.

The BIGGEST thing I want most is for “Sculptris” to be truly integrated and working within ZBrush 5. Because Dynamesh is pretty meh (IMO), but nothing beats the amazing power of Sculptris on voxel-like sculpting and the ability to increase and decrease the tri count with your brush as you go.

Aside from that, it would really be nice to have a traditional 3d app world/local gizmo for all the translation and rotation and scaling of assets if needed.

At the end of the day, if ZB5 can take away some of the nice tools that 3D Coat and Mudbox use that it’s never had. I’ll be a happy man!

I would also love to see a more traditional gizmo for transformations but even more important I would like to have a proper camera that can be positioned and adjusted with precision and saved along with the rest of the scene. That alone would make my life so much easier working with zbrush.

Also the possibility to group and organize subtools into folders would be a great addition.

Ruso: Do you know that you can use the TimeLine of ZBrush to store the camera position? Then after, by using the left and right arrows keys, you can jump between saved positions.
And this is saved inside a ZProject for later usage :wink:

Hey, Totyo.

Yes I have tried that. Right now what I’m using is the save views option that zapplink offers with the inconvenient that you have to save your views in a separate file and reload it each time you open your file. But I find it easier and faster to store a camera view using this method than with the timeline.

But anyway, nothing compares to having a real camera object which you can transform with precision with the help of a gizmo: translate (crane up, crane down, side travel, travel) and rotate (panning, tilt up, tilt down).

Thanks for the tip, really appreciate it and lets see which surprises the new version has. I’m sure that whatever the new features are Pixologic is going to blow our minds as they always do. :slight_smile:

Every new ZBrush version release is a big event on CG industry. Especially when it’s a new ZBrush version with a single digit! That only happens, like, every 5 years or so!

It’s time for ZBrush 5!! Whatever new additions it have, I’m sure it will be revolutionary. So looking forward to this.

More than any piece of software I own, its Zbrush that gets me excited because what ever Pixologic adds its revolutionary, and they listen to their customers. It would not surprise me, but give me delight if it had Dynamics, more dedicated hair styling system like Hairfarm, better Re-topology tools, enhanced layering system. Rigging would be pushing it, but if they pulled that off, that would be something else. To have 64 bit alone is going to open some huge doors, good bye to the limited HD sculpting I hope.

Dan

One more day. :slight_smile: So pumped for this!

tez wrote:

More than any piece of software I own, its Zbrush that gets me excited because what ever Pixologic adds its revolutionary, and they listen to their customers.

All that. Plus, they make everything about ZBrush fun and something to look forward to.

Totyo wrote

I just tried with my GMail account without any problems. I will let the web team know :slight_smile:

I didn’t get the confirmation either. If it’s essential for us to have that in order to participate, can you resend it please, maybe by PM?

I think they need to redo the whole interface…As much as I love Zbrush it is the hardest software interface to get use to…Even if I have to relearn the whole interface I don’t mind, because I want other artist not to deal with the stress that many z brush artist go through.

https://twitter.com/OferAlon/status/497546461916045312/photo/1

Such a tease!<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset=“utf-8”></script><iframe id=“rufous-sandbox” scrolling=“no” frameborder=“0” allowtransparency=“true” style=“display: none;”></iframe>

As i said on the polycount forum thread, and as Matt Fagan said, the only things i want in Zbrush 5 (besides 64-bit which i know are confirmed, if it IS version 5), are proper layers for textures (and the ability to paint more than just diffuse color), and of course, a proper manipulation gizmo for working with the scenes.

I. Hate. The. Action Line.

But if we’re still stuck with that mistake of development, then i hope it’s axis points are properly labeled.

I didnt get any mail about a link, how about you guys?

It says on the Summit Streaming Portal:

“You’ll receive your ZBrush Summit link the week leading up to the event”

For people who didn’t receive the email and want to view online the email just included a link the following URL : http://pixologic.com/summit/live/

Hope that helps.

I’m sure Pixologic is aware that their tool management is clunky and inefficient. The way different tools quickly crowd up the limited space, no folders/groups for subtools, things like that. That’ll have to get redesigned, sooner rather than later.

Getting rid of, or at least hiding the legacy pixol stuff would also be great. Having to press ‘t’ to edit, faffing about with accidentally dropping to canvas, the three different ways of saving different aspects of your work, etc, these should all get streamlined.

I also think the default brush palette is needlessly huge. A fair number of those brushes is very specialized, and the workhorse brushes (move, clay, standard, etc) get lost in the noise. There likely should be a hierarchy of some sort. I mean, the current system of alphabetical selection works ok, but isn’t quite elegant enough.

Last but not least, 64-bit, goes without saying. :slight_smile:

Anyway, can’t wait for the recap videos! I live on the other side of the world, watching live unfortunately isn’t an option.

Are there going to be recap videos? has that been confirmed?
I too am going to miss most of it as I am 7 hours ahead, :-(.
I’ll try and watch as much as I can though.

Timetable please !