ZBrushCentral

ZBrush 4R2 Betatesting By: Geert Melis

I love the look of your layouts,how clearly you explain the process,and everything that you have done in your threads.
I wish everything in life was a clear as your tutorials. Thanks you.

:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Santis: hey man, thanks for stopping by -> yeah, a repository would be so cool, hopefully someone’ll find the time to start one!

Peter Folke: thanks for the nice comment Peter! More to come ( keep an eye on my Etcher_Sketcher thread.

PSTCHOART: hey man, thanx so much for taking the time to check out my beta work and the great comment - glad you like the sculpt -> now I need to find the time to do the full body and put him in a scene against the other TTVOR characters…

michalis: thanks a lot man, glad you like the sculpt -> I could only do a bust because I’m having serious time issues, I like the new Z-features a lot though-> another step in the right direction!

Frenchy Pilou: hehe… only 3… wait until you see the next update… :wink:

Fernando Kuhlman: hey Fernando, wow, thanks so much man :slight_smile: more underway : check out Etcher_Sketcher soon. Best regards man!

Omar Pico: you’re very welcome! Thanks for dropping by, keep an eye on my Etcher_Sketcher thread -> more to come!

Ghostdancer: thanks man! Dang, I just realized I only have one alpha to share :\

KrakenCMT: thanks for the awesome comment Christopher! You’re so right, I learned a lot of what I know about ZBrush through the community, so guess it’s ok to give somethin back from time to time, got some more though…

anigroove: you’re most welcome :slight_smile: more soon on Etcher_Sketcher!

delmas1: hey, thanks for dropping by and the nice comment -> more soon in my Etcher_Sketcher thread!

monstermaker: thanks so much Sir! Again, I really appreciate that you’re taking a look at my new pages and drop me a line:) Quote:“I wish everything in life was a clear as your tutorials” …even for me so painfully true… Thank god we have our art. Best Regards Rick!

Santis: … the same boat eh… :slight_smile:

Good stuff, thanks for sharing. Something tells me I’m going to like noisemaker a lot more once that plugin comes out. Regarding the chainmail though as I was giving that a spin; should step eleven read 180 units instead of 100? 180 worked perfectly for me in terms of matching the thumbnails and getting the final result.

Great job and thank you.

Cryrid: you’re welcome , I’m glad you’re finding these helpful & thanks for notyfying me -> step 11 should read 180 units -> I corrected the sheets :slight_smile: :+1:

RageNrock: thanks for dropping me a line :+1:, you’re welcome :slight_smile:

A Great Collaboration:

Julian_Kenning_Geert_Melis_.jpg

For this project, I had the honour to work closely with a very talented artist/ZBrush artist, fellow betatester and good friend Julian Kenning (ZBC name Julian_K). Not only is he a great visual artist but he is also a great composer. He was kind enough to create a piece of music especially for me to go along with the videos. I love to bring something extra to the presentation of my videos and it was great to “hear” this piece come to life while I worked on the vids. I need to thank Julian for that, and for the good advice and constructive criticism on my works.

So, here’s some ZBrush 4 hardsurface modeling: The weapons below where modeled entirely within ZBrush 4.
The videos below show the entire modeling process of the receiver. Follow THIS LINK to my Etcher_Sketcher thread to find new Step by Step sheets, reference sheets, alphas and a .ztl for download.

Gun_Modeling_Announcement_I.jpg

Go to tutorial -click here-

[youtubehd]rcCto3VaRNA?hd=1[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]fc3CARl4Q-c?hd=1[/youtubehd]

excellent !

Impressive like always :wink:

Awesome tutorials man!, very precise! Great polish on the guns too!

…translations in perspective! :smiley:

Next time have you in project a less warlike object to modelize? :wink:

gpepper: thank you :slight_smile: !!!

CGprime: thanks & thanks for stopping by :+1:!

Marco Splash: thanks Marco - yeah I’m quite pleased with the final results :slight_smile:

Frenchy Pilou: :slight_smile: “Next time have you in project a less warlike object to modelize?” Maybe, but my characters need some weapons to fight evil…

Thanks Geert for putting so much energy in the tutorials, they look very interesting… and it all looks great on your creature bust too.

Plain awesomeness Geert! :slight_smile: I really love how easily you do wonders with the clipping brushes!

Thanks for the great tuts :stuck_out_tongue:

I really need to start playing with all the super goodies ZB provides instead of just hardcore sculpting with the claybrush hehe :smiley:

Always a pleasure to stop by here.

/Jonas

rudymassar: graag gedaan Rudy :slight_smile: my pleasure Rudy :slight_smile: thanks for having a look, glad you like the final result! I think that there isn’t a single new feature that I’m not using for my new sculpts!!!

Energize: woot! Thanks so much Jonas!!! Quote:“I really need to start playing with all the super goodies ZB provides instead of just hardcore sculpting with the claybrush” I know what you mean -> to be honest I always had the same problem; but really force yourself to take some dedicated time out to play with the new features -> it’ll be very rewarding and you’ll be implementing them into your workflow in no time :slight_smile:

Whoa! Thanks for the great tutorial update!!! Now I need to sneak in some time between MY family and job to give it a go. Thanks again!

One of the best tutorials on ZBC…:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

poda: thanks man, you’re welcome -> quote:" I need to sneak in some time between MY family and job to give it a go" trust me, I know exactly what you mean… :roll_eyes:

nirmalendu_paul: wow! thanks so much man, thanks for dropping me a line :sunglasses:small_orange_diamond:+1: Happy Zbrushing :smiley:

Spectacular work, and workflow. Love the breakdown, its’s a huge help in getting to know R2 better. Keep up the awesome work.

Donavonyoung3D: thanks man, you’re welcome :slight_smile: - tnx for dropping me a line :+1: Hope you’re havin’ fun with the new Z

THIS is Awesome!! thx for Sharing :smiley: