ZBrushCentral

Yaksha Comics Launched

Thanks Lemo

heres list of Durga puja being held out side India.

If any of you interested to see it live, can visit these places -

Link is better I belive -

http://www.calcuttaweb.com/puja/overseas_2006.shtml

Seriously, very good links, many thanks.

Sunny, I am looking forward to reading this soon. Great images of the festival. Wish I could be there for it. You truly a great ambassador for your culture as has been mentioned.:+1:

Hey wcked!

I haven’t read the comic yet -I have no credit card- but I just wanted to congratulate you for taking your dream and achieving it. I think it was the right move to get it started now instead of waiting for futher skill improvements and possible no funds to do it :wink:
So… Right on my friend :+1:

Hey guys me back.

Got a new net connection

Hope this one doesn’t have that much problems.

Tartan I cannot use western union, because I cannot show such transfer as income according to Indian bank laws.

I am getting hold of post box, will update details about it.

You can just send me a Demand draft or account payee check instead.

I have started creating cartoon strips for other websites, which includes my characters.

You people can check out news sections of my website for latest update on this issue.

Also if you wanna place such funny strips on your websites
then send me a mail. Point is it will take soemtime to get back to you as I have loads of work, but I surely will after soemtime and create a unique cartoon strip for your website…

Also a part of ancient India facts has been placed on the website so that buyers know exactly what kind of info they are getting when buying the comic.

Currently I am working on the zcomic idea and next issue of yaksha.

I should remind everyone, zcomic first issue will be given free on this forums and will be actually a humorous summary of events which occured in zbc during last few months, depicted through characters of Aurick, Ryan and Pixol.

The aim is to bring some kind of fun in this forums, where everyone is eitehr tensed about their problems with zbrush or with their final output of work

Ok people heres a cartoon strip I created . Who knows it might reach your email by forwards.

But how many of you actually know Shahrukh Khan ?

He is called the King of Bollywood, Indian movie Industry.

let me know how is this-

I just gave it 3 hrs total.

[Indian-cartoons-for-the-wor.jpg]

Hey Sunny,

I noticed you kind of “dissing” yourself earlier in an entirely different thread.( the one posted by Solid) All I can say to that is Bah! Humbug! You have a style that is clearly evident. Very clean and all it’s own. Lemo told you that it didn’t matter how it is doneas long you tell a good story, it could be done with stick figures and still hold the readers attention. He is correct in saying this but I see you progressing quite a bit and you have an eye towards a pro look. This has a pro look to it also. I didn’t know about Shahrukh Khan and Bollywood as I am not very familiar with the Indian film industry. Times are changing though and in the future I can see India gaining more awareness in the American public’s eye. The Independent Film Channel has probably shown Indian films before but as I have only recently gone sattelite I probably missed them. I prefer foreign films with sub titles to appreciate the flavor and melody of language. Anyway… very clean and nice style.

Thanks Tartan

I just tried to make the flavour, though the actual story has nothing to with movies or present times, but I am merging them because today’s readers dont know about the past, so these comic strips will be a way to connect and communicate with todays generation, this one is especialy for the Indian audience, though my real story is very unique and different.

Regarding the style, you can say my front cover isnt that appealing, but inside I have put lot of effort and its clean and good, that you can confirm from all who bought it. Actually everyone is a 3d designer here, so they sometimes they get restricted to high detailed violence and monsters.

I am having smooth sales and probably if situation permits will make the first issue free for everyone here to have a look at it and get to know whats there inside.

Plans of getting subscription is also ready, probably after 2nd issue I will be able to provide yearly subscriptions.

the only thing I am dissapointed about is that I am not able to give enough time for the zcomic, I had made an awesome script for all of us here having ryan, aurick and pixol, but I doubt I will be able to complete it this month.

Regarding Shahrukh, well ask the gals, they will know him betetr then the men, it was his birthday today so they were showing his documentry which gave me the idea to create this strip, as he is in demand now with latest release of his movie “DON”

In the documentry, few american women admitted on camera that they travelled 30 miles in car just to see him, and they will not do something like this for any hollywood stars :slight_smile:

Get hold of few of his movies- PARDES, DILWALE DHULANIYA LE JAYENGE, KUCH KUCH HOTA HAI, KAL HO NA HO, KABHI KHUSHI KABHI GHAM, AND now DON. Get one of the movies and I bet you will start knowing him as one of the best actors, atleast your wife will get all his other movies :slight_smile: lols

Hmmmmmmm Apsaras…
:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:
Lemo

Yes Lemo

Apsaras are the fairies in the heaven, more on them in the next ancient india facts.

Heres is an update, only regarding the text part in the strip -

[Indiancartoonsfortheworld.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘43386’,‘Indiancartoonsfortheworld.jpg’,1,0))

Ok friends

heres an incomplete 3d monster

the lower limbs have to be worked upon but I gave this creature more time then any other creature I ever created. had a tough time with hands, still cant make them look exact. :slight_smile:

I wanted to create a monster with an innocent look.

Please let me know the details ahve come good or not?

Any tips suggestions to improve it ?

[rakshas-1.jpg]rakshas-4.jpg

Attachments

rakshas-2.jpg

raksha-3.jpg

rakshas-5.jpg

hello , i love your happy work! or it makes me happy :lol:

about the details i like the sort of “random/chaos” organised details huh ? :slight_smile:
but i think it can be balanced a bit more, if you want, try 2 smooth some parts it looks so ruff everywhere, with does work sometimes some parts.

anyway have fun Z`íng
and a nice day

it really inspired or moved me!

Thanks Joep for the comments

Actually this creature lives below ground, thats why so rough and scaly skin allover, due to friction with ground while moving through burrows…

I am still learning to balance though… :slight_smile:

Getting better man!!! I can’t wait until Comicon where I can get this signed by you! This comic is going to be big! I’m just getting that in now, so I can say, ‘I knew him when…’!! :wink:

Thanks Jason :+1:

Hope to create even better graphics this time. :smiley:

Regards

Sunyn

This is continuation of the illustration I posted here

http://zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=39523&page=3

I was trying to make buildings in Zbrush as I only see monsters everywhere…

Used edgeloop on a one poly face cube and direct deformations on the 2 million heavy mesh.

This is an outcome of it… a mere attempt, took me sometime as I was experimenting a lot with the detailings… I am happy with the outcome till now… so next attempt will be to create a windmill for this pic …

BTW The whole purpose of this illustration is to try creating realistic renderings equivalent to other softwares… though zbrush lacks global illumination…

[final-grassy-illustration.jpg]

I think it’s great work man. Some day I hope to learn to make such an environement to place my models in :). Keep it up, and share the steps if you’d like :wink:

Thanks prospect.

steps I would have loved to give but intially my zbrush crashed so wasnt able to save the zscript of the illustration.

For the hut, I am posting screen shots and the detailing was done using deco brush (alpha to texture) and roller brush deformations.

For shape I used a simple cube which has been lowered to one polygon each side… then i used move tool and edgeloop to make the shape of the hut…

Check out the edgeloop zscript tutorial inside the help menu of zbrush which teaches to make a hammer, you will get the cube and learn how to give the shape…

The most important part is the lighting, and use of other 2d brushes, highlight intensity, shading enhancer whcih makes it look realistic…

and I am still learning the lighting part … :lol: :cool: … thanks to artists like lemo, frenchy, aurick and mytholon.

[hut-snap-shot.jpg]

Your really progressing fast! I’m looking forward to the next installment! Your also developing a unique art style too.

Thanks womball

I am trying to learn as fast as I can…