ZBrushCentral

War Machine

thats fannnntastic work,five stars:)

Amazing stuff :open_mouth: simply amazing

I know this thread is a bit old… but I’m looking for a new computer build and I’d love to know what you have and pick your brain about what I should get. The details on this model must be super high poly. How many poly’s!?

Hello dear JGrundfast,
I know that long time has passed, but I don’t give up the purpose to print your wonderful WarMachine. The preparing job is huge and not easy for a newbite as me, also the spare time was few in these months… But I hope I will print it before summer.

The main problem with the mesh is to make it printable (make the single surfaces more thick, close holes, make volumes, avoid thin walls and make them holed). your file is extreme complex and have hige amount of small pieces also in the hidden areas - so I must choose what to print and what cut off because hidden. The second step is to create the right joints between parts and find the best way to group the mesh’s parts.

Be patient and I will post here the photos of the printed WarMachine (the goal is to make it bigger as possible in order to save all the details).

I think that is the harder printing process in my short printing experience. :rolleyes:

Best regards,
Mattia

Your whole demo – model, tutorial, everything – is a five star package. :slight_smile:

Great work, and thanks for sharing your know-how!

I’m flattered that this thread is being kept alive, thanks so much all for the feedback :+1:small_orange_diamond:D

I’ve been sidetracked with some exciting opportunities that came about as a direct result of the publication of this piece, but I still have one more tutorial in the works which hopefully I’ll get around to finishing soon.

hal- A number of people have tried to 3d print this and yes, you are correct it’s a beast to make manifold for printing. At the time, I wasn’t experienced enough to engineer it for that. If you do find a way to 3d print this guy though, I think you’ll be able to print anything. I applaud your efforts and can’t wait to see what you come up with!

Thanks again!

Hello,
printing process started (slowly but it started).
Here some raw quick shots after firsts prints: pieces are raw, still need to be cleaned and finished.
Mattia

That is SO COOL!!! I’m really impressed with how much detail you were able to capture. What’s the scale?

Thanks for sharing

Hi.
I’ve increased the scale of your file up to 225%. Just to have an idea, the head is 8 cm tall.
Mattia

:+1: should have a emoticon with a “mind blown” , amazing work.

… an other WIP pic…
pieces still need to be cleaned and refined.
Mattia

Attachments

IMG_7138.jpg

Hi all. wanted to share a print of the War Machine bust. Hope you enjoy.

FTD-DB-2-1.jpg

Hello
wow amazing resolution? which printer are you using? Is it the B9Creator one?
Mattia

Hi Mattia,

Thanks! Yes indeed, the bust was printed on the B9Creator. It’s a great machine. What are you using? This piece was printed on the Kudo 3D Titan.
Craig

P_FTD-DB-3-2.png

Hi Craig,
thanks for the info. Yes B9 is great one but also Kudo do its job… and it work very fine as far I can see. I am using Form1+. It is quite fast and precise, but have the limit related to the laser path construction and resin tank movement: it mark the layers more then a DLP (I guess your prints were made at 100 microns). FormLabs machine is great one, but I know that printer based on projectors and with different movement of the tank can work slowly but achieve great results as yours. Compliments also fo the clear cutting job of the pieces. Did you print the complete WarMachine? if yes, how tall? Best regards,
Mattia

This has really been a terrific project and we are excited to share these images with you. George handled the file prep for printing and I was responsible for the printing and finishing the sculpt.

The War Machine print consists of 37 parts which includes the rock base - the piece is entirely 3D printed using three different SLA DLP printers. The rock base is 10"X16" and the entire print is stands just over 15" in height.

Hats off to Joe for sharing such a great sculpt with the community and making this print possible!
WM01.jpgWM02.jpg

Hello Studioqubed,
that’s amazing print! my compliments. I’m still printing the last pieces then I will mount it and share my pictures.
As I can see from your photos, in comparison wiht your parts, my prints losted the finest details and have visible layers’ lines.

But will be a pleasure to compare my print with your masterpiece. Hat off.

Soon I will post my photos.
Compliments and best regards,
Mattia

Wow! Good job guys! I also tried to make it printable but failed miserably. Hey, in keeping up the spirit of this thread… any chance you guys would be willing to share the printable version?

I would love to try it!

J

Thank you Mattia, really appreciate your kindness! We are looking forward to seeing your finished piece and we know exactly what your putting into getting your prints completed!