ZBrushCentral

Topology experiment.

some more critter busts that popped out this morn

You can dl them here

BTW Handlebar your edgeloop workflow is absolutely mental… I’ve already watched it a coupla times and it still strikes me as having great foresight in your moves LYW and thanks for sharing mate

4toyslo.jpg

The bit I have to keep wrapping my brain around is where the edge loop is made for the nose and the nose is sort of turned upside down so the bit at the tip become the bottom part of the nose. Very tricky.

Here is the way I make my heads in ZB.
Head02.jpg

Well, well good box modeling…but all that is not at the antipodes of the natural Zbrush modeling? The Push Pull of a clay’s sphere :smiley:

Cool, it’s great to see peoples different approaches to a subject. I’m definately going to adopt the way you treated the mouth area Bas. Is there a way of getting your starting geometry within zbrush Bas as the default cube comes with tri’s attatched.
I also would like to know what’s the advantages of an adaptive skin over a polymesh 3d and vice versa, if i wanted to adopt a zbrush only workflow.

Steve 8)

Hi,
very interesting thread.:+1:
As for the inside ZB question:
Head add.jpg
(according to an old recipe of Pixolator;) )
Hope that helps a little, J.

Thanks Bas very clean and smart!
Thanks JMEYER i am very happy with each contribution… no doubt about the ZBrush modelling power:+1:

Andreseloy

Really cool thread. I could not resist…
rolopolo.jpg
Greetings from the Island’s of RoloPolo!
Lemo

Well i’m learning lots from you guys, nearly finished refining my bace head mesh, i have a few ideas to tweek things further but i’ve now added a jaw line loop and have the topology flowing in the right direction for the neck muscle tha comes from the back of the ear towards the collar bone.

new-head.jpg

Will post a zscript when i have it sorted out for final

Steve 8)

Here you can also see another approach that Antropus used in his superb Picasso thread.

[antropus.jpg]

Cool stuff on here! I’ve been messing around with head topology recently too … been trying to get edge-loops all the way around the face. This is one I made quickly today … started out with just a 1x1 plane, turned it into a cube with morph-difference, and then just used edge-loops in ZB to build up some detail, then got busy with Move. I didn’t record all my moves … I’ll try to put a workflow together for tomorrow.

Oh yeah … low poly version = 364 polys.

example01.jpg

Here is the way to make a ‘pooohpig’.

poooh.jpg

hi hi , top cool this pig… pooopig do you smoke weed Baz?

Hahaha … brilliant! Which particular politician were you thinking of when you made this? :laughing: :+1:

Getting quite a bit of mileage out of building up a head mesh with edge loops. Tried making a script, but it ignores the initialisation of the plane, so the whole thing goes to pot. Ah well.

[attach=53622]head02.jpg[/attach]
head01.jpg

Attachments

head02.jpg

:eek: waddledork1.jpg

thank you so much for these wonderful insights into modeling and edgeloops. as a fairly new artist to the 3d profession, threads like this one are invaluble tools and kindhearted insights into 3d. my Hat is off to you!

Totally agree, this zsphere edge-loop thread and the Jason Belec zsphere posing thread are very complementary and ilustrate the complete software is ZB2! just to dream what could be when ZB3 is release!
Andreseloy

@Smileman, I planned a trip to China, I do not smoke or drink :confused:
@Mooch, I am not interested in politic when it’s about Lichtenstein :rolleyes:

Nice updates folks, realy like that head Moochie. Well i handn’t planned on doning anything today but the cable tv went down, doh! I decided to look through my sketch book and start on some personal work, here’s the start of a caricature i’ve been meaning to do for ages.

caricature.jpg

Steve 8)