ZBrushCentral

Scared Silly Entry by Steven Wood

Looking very cool! I like the scale of the grass. Perhaps the scale of the background pumpkins might be enhanced by having the fog decrease towards their feet?

stumpf:
Thanks stumpf and same to you as well! Great modeling on your little skeleton in the wooden car.

Harmonic:
Thanks Harmonic and I did just that by changing Lil’ Punky’s angle and size.

Marsyas:
Thanks Marsysas. I’m not sure if I’ll use any fog in the final render or not, but I had it in the first render temporarily to make it easier to separate the foreground from the backround so it didn’t look so busy.

Latest update:
As you can see, I’m now working on the foreground with Lil’ Punky. I’ve touched up the grass in ZBrush by painting in some variation using RGB only mode. I’ve also added some small rocks and painted in the ground a little bit more to show some variation.

[final render 2.jpg]

This piece is a lot of fun I’m looking forward to the finished version.
It’s is a good thing that that hack Rick Baker didn’t throw his hat into the ring too so you didn’t withdraw.
As I have mentioned to some of the others ,this would be great in the October Shadows art show, Maybe next year.

…WOW

THE MAN has posted and I don’t know what to say. I have always admired your works, style and imagination and to recieve a favorable critique from you is really flattering. I’m speechless

Of coarse you know I was only kidding about you entering. I would be really curious to see what you would have come up with for this contest.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and post.

WOODY It is more like THE OLD MAN .
I have a piece that I did for the October Shadows show that I was going to post on ZBC once the show finished and the on line gallery was up. It would have fit in well for this contest, I did it about a month before this contest started.
They keep telling me that the web site will have the gallery up and running any day now , but they have been saying that for about a week and a half now.
When it’s up and running you can check out my stuff and a bunch of cool artwork here
www.creaturefeatures.com
If you go there now all you won’t see much except for the artist bios and some last years work. It was a cool event this year with lots of great Halloween images.

i like how you made the grass … keep it up :+1:

Looking good! And monstermaker stopped by… Lucky dog! :wink:

this is a crisp looking image, and the perspective is great. i still have trouble setting up the fog in my images, you seem to have that under control, well done.

Thanks guys for the cudo’s

Just continuing to tweak this -n- that and fussing here and there and doing a little zigging and zagging and tweaking with the lights, color, and shading.

Hopefully I’ll be happy with it enough to submit my final render soon.

[final render tweaks.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘73763’,‘final render tweaks.jpg’,1,0))

Starting to look very polished.

Love the whole concept and style.:cool:

This keeps looking better :+1: :+1: I really like the perspective.

Hey that’s really cool. :smiley:
Neat Idea.
Cheers
Cesar Dacol Jr.
Aka, The Voodoo Monkey

I like the ladybug, nice touch! :+1:

Thanks again guys, much appreciated.

I've just been taking a break from my final render tweaking cause I tend to agonize over it to make a turntable video of Lil' Punky. I know that sometimes the video acts a little oddly, but go ahead and watch it anyway....you know you want to hehe. Tried to embed video, but didn't work ( html not on )

Here’s the link Lil’ Punky turntable

Nice lookin pumpkin…

That’s a funny concept, Woody. Keep going with it. 50.

Steven Wood

Scared silly entry

Title: "Lil’ Punky’s first Halloween

Final render size: 2000 x 2500 px

Programs used: ZBrush
for: Modeling, texturing, scene creation, and rendering

Photoshop
for: Compositing, color adjustment, backdrop painting and effects

Story:
This is about Lil Punky and his first ever Halloween. To get into the spirit of things before he goes out for the evening for trick or treating, he is running and jumping about in his Halloween costume trying to scare his family and friends. The most scariest thing to pumpkin people is Pumpkin pie mix. What a fitting costume for his first ever Halloween celebration.

This was a lot of work, but also a lot of fun to do. I also learned quite a few things and I hope that everyone else who participated in this contest learned a few things as well.

Good luck to all
-WOODY-

final render for forum.jpg

Hello Woody,

it’s a very nice picture you created for the contest.
Good luck for you!

Cheers and Happy Halloween

Ralf Stumpf

hehheeh its funny… its very job you have here Wooddy and yes… we all learned great deal with this contest.

good luck bro.
Thao Le