ZBrushCentral

Scared Silly Entry by Jesse Heath

Coming on nicely!

American avenues generaly run dead straight, but for compositional purposes, wouldn’t it be better for the road to curve off away to the left? You could then have an even lower angle of view, without having to show an infinity of houses.

Swinging the camera around to the left would bring the scaarecrow closer to us and more dominant in the scene. With him crouching, you should still be able to see the witch over the top of the hedge and the fact that only we can see Jack would be clearer.

Have you thought how to light this? I might like to have the scene lit only by the light escaping from the doorway, knifing horizontally across the middle of the stage; with the children lit from the side by this and fill lit by the sweets on the ground. The scarecrow would be lit dramatically from below by his own pile.

Cheers,

R

Thanks for your comments and suggestions! They have been really helpful.

Rory_L, a friend of mine gave me almost the exact same suggestion on lighting the seen, so I figured I better try it! :lol:

Here is where I am now, still mostly focusing on camera angle, composition and lighting. I haven’t fixed any of the pose problems yet. I want to get a clear idea of what will be seen in the shot before I do nay more modeling so I don’t waste more time on things that wont be visible in the final image.

Feedback and suggestions Welcome!

gt  comp 1 copy.jpg

Great lighting! Makes a big difference. :+1:

That’s an amazing transformation! This ones gonna be a winner!

Oh yes!! :smiley:

:smiley: That is so funny and nasty at the same time. Keep it up this is coming along great!!

[color=#cccccc]I still suggest making the scarecrow larger - creating more contrast with him as the first thing the eye goes to and then allowing the background scene to be more in the background. When you get around to posing him, I think you might want to really go for it and put him in a more dynamic squat that really shows what he’s up to. Perhaps he’s squatting kind of sideways and we see one hand reaching around with the mummy toilet paper. Or maybe just a more natural version of the position he’s in now. However he’s posed, you might try turning his head so he’s looking right into the camera and has a more exaggeratedly mischievous smile on his face. I’m nitpicking here though - you’ve already done a great job of realizing your original concept. Love what you’ve done with the lighting. Could definitely be a winner.

Thanks for the comments guys! they are really appreciated! :slight_smile:

ironlion37, your are right on the money as usual, thanks. I am experimenting with your ideas and am definitely liking the results! :+1:

I am trying to get the character somewhat finalized, so I can start setting up the final seen. I Retopoed the cow costume to make in cleaner and tighter, I have also done allot of work on silhouette, pose and facial expression.

cow wip 2 t 2 copy.jpg

C&C Welcome!

Attachments

cow wip 2 wire comp 1 copy.jpg

I like that, that’s really funny. The cows nose looks better and the eyes look pretty good too.

Wonderful progress, Harmonic!!! I can’t believe you have that kid sniffing the candy corn…what a riot…

Much cleaner mesh!

Are you going to try some fibre material fun on the cow? Plush would be nice.

R

Thanks for the comets!

Rory_L" Plush would be nice" :lol: I didnt think of that I will have to try a fibber material out on him, might be fun.

I have been working on getting all the characters finalized. Here is a new wip of the scarecrow, worked on his pose and texture. I tried making him wink but I couldn’t get it too look good.

sc pose 3 copy.jpg

C&C Welcome!

Looking better and better;)

very good work … keep it up

That’s much better, he doesn’t look to stiff now. This is really comming together well now. Well done!:smiley:

Yes, the scarecrow’s pose is much better now. Good job

agree this pose is way more natural and much better :+1:

Thats the pose :lol:

The texturing on the scare pumpkin is look lovely. Are you going to render it in Zbrush?

Pete B

How’s it coming on? The new pose looks good; I’d love to see how it appears in the scene.

Good luck!

R