ZBrushCentral

Scared Silly Entry by Jesse Heath

Thanks for the comments!

fizzy, yes I am rendering in Zbrush, my final will be Zbrush + Photoshop.

Putting this all together has been quite the challenge, I spent many hours pacing everything in layer in zbrush in all large document, but I couldn’t get them to merge without loosing information. :mad: So getting my render passes has been quite difficult. I have also been spending allot of time on details, refining characters, making candy for the bowl, making eyebrows, buttons and hair Tweaking textures. :rolleyes:

Anyhow next wip. Still needs work but I wanted to get it up in hopes of getting last minut crtis before sending in my final. So if you have any comments or critiques please let me have em! :ex:

ZBC WIP comp 6 copy.jpg

Harmonic,

Very sweet, really enjoy this one again. Hey the trickling down corn like we talked about sweet hehe. Mummy appearance tons better. I really liked this concept and now I can say I enjoy how it turned out here!!! Keep up the great work!! :+1: :+1:

Only thing that kinda seems a tad odd is the dog appears kinda floating?

Turned out well didn’t it?

The composition is much better now with the tighter focus. There’s nothing in the rules that says what proportions the images should take, so my recommendation would be to lift the top border to allow us to see Mum’s hat again.

Also, if you do have a little time spare, you might add a subtle wood grain texture to the clapboard wall. As is, it’s just a little bare and fills up a lot of the picture with its bareness.

If you have the opportunity, try seeing what the pic looks like on another monitor. Darker or lighter, you might want to adjust contrast.

Cheers,

R

this is sick and discusting and i love it!

Ha ha, this has turned brilliant. I didn’t know where this was going and now it’s all become clear. Love the fat kids expression in the background.

Pete B

Harmonic I know what you’re saying about issues. It’s mamaizing when you have a deadline how many problems seem to arise.

To be honest Zbrush has been pretty rock solid for me, I’ve only had problems when I’ve taken my mesh to over 7 million. The real headache for me has been trying to render the scene in an outside package. I won’t go into details on your thread but it’s been a real nightmare. Just hoping it I can get everything done in time as it’s caused so many delays.

Anyway I’m waffling, again well done love this work.

Pete B

Ah this looks amazing, it’s all come together well and this is now a winning entry! Well done! :D:+1:

Looking great! I’d just recommend some sharpness for the image, especially the pumpkin’s face. Selectively applying an Unsharp Mask filter in Photoshop might do the trick.

Thanks for the comments!

AngelJ Thanks, I think it was you who suggested the candy corn trickling down, great suggestion. And thanks for the crit on the dog :+1:

Rory_L thank for your suggestions. I added a bit of wood grain. I had wanted to have the witch hat in there but it seemed I would have so much dead space at the top.

monstermaker, Gland you like!

fizzy, I didn’t do a great job of fully describing what was going on, but I am glad it is clear now :laughing:

dustbin1_uk Thanks, I really appreciate that.

Marsyas Thanks, the way I had the light roughed in in PS made it really blurry and I actually did use the Unsharp Mask filter on his face. :slight_smile:

Well here is my final. I have learned so much in this contest, it has been a great experience. I am going to mail in the large version later tonight, so if you see any thing that really needs fixing please let me know! :warning:

Modeled, Textured/Polypainted and Rendered in Zbrush. Composited in Photoshop.

Scared silly Entry by Jesse Heath 1.jpg

C7C Welcome!
Good Luck everyone!!!

Very cool! Great job. I like how the candy corn glows, hehe. The lighting is much more focused now. :+1:

Congratulations - it’s looking great. :+1: :+1: :+1:

Harmonic,

Great job once again, yeah the lighting changes shadows seemed to take care of laying the dog down more convincing on the ground. You and the others sure did a helluva job on you entries and put tons of passion into them. Definitely funny and scary… if you eat candy corn :smiley: . :+1: :+1:

Great job Harmonic :cool: I’m amazed at how far you took it. You really nailed it. Love what you did with the sidewalk. Great improvement in the lighting and the scarecrow’s face/light. I must admit, I’m kind of itching for a title in the lower right. Hope you take a prize… I’m sure you’re glad to let it be done by now. I’ll be interested to see what your next project is…

I love the fact that the scarecrow is having all the fun in the picture… brilliant!

I think it looks great! Well done.

You are rendering this without perspective on aren’t you? If so and it’s not a big thing, but the roadside grassy edge seems to widen as it goes into the distance. If turning perspective on won’t damage the composition in any way, doing so might not be a bad idea.

Again, congrats! :smiley:

R

Ah! this looks even better harmonic! This was already a fantastic entry, now it’s just awsome, your one of the hardest working people to enter this contest and if it was a contest on effort, you’d come first. Well done!! :D:+1: