ZBrushCentral

Scared Silly Entry by Brian Schlosser

The tea party table…also, I think I will actually go with the following as my final idea:

The little girl is having a tea party with a little friend and a teddy bear and a doll. The window is behind the little friend, and we see the full moon emerge from the clouds. The friend has transformed into a young werewolf, and our hostess is shocked to see this, while the little wolf has no idea that he has changed and happily sips his tea.
Table1.jpg

OK, here is the test coloring and modeling for the child. I hope this picture does not violate some sort of child nudity laws. I don’t think so, personally, but if it does violate, someone please let me know so I can change it. Haven’t decided yet on the eyes. Might do a Pixar type eye, or maybe a doll type eye.

Girl-Test.jpg

I hope you don’t mind me suggesting that you back track, but i really liked your idea of the little girl trapping the wolf man, i think it could be a real winner, you could even splice the ideas together, have the little girl forcing the wolf man to participate in her tea party still with the fairy costume on though. I just really like the image of a big snarling nasty wolf at the mercy of a cute little girl, that idea seemed really easy to understand straight away so it would make the image much more powerful.

Yeah the Wolfman/Little Girl idea has possibilities, and they are all scary/funny! :wink:

OK, I guess the little girl dresses up werewolf is the concensus for my choice…friends at home want that one, too.

Anyway, here is a test render I did in Poser of a little girl I created (her name is Polly, as in Low Polly) :smiley:

This is not going to be the little girl I use in the image. I’ve decided on a more cartoony look…but I wanted to see if I could get a zbrush created, textured character from ZB to Poser, and I did it! Not going to rig the characters in Poser, though. Much easier in ZBrush to pose with Transpose. I may or may not do the final render in Poser…there are alot more lighting and reflection possibilities though…anyway here is the test render with subsurface scattering.

Polly in Poser.jpg

I created this Pixar-style cartoon eye in ZBrush, but rendered it in Poser. After creating the eye, I took it to UVMapper and assigned materials and created the UV’s. I exported the UV map into a 1024 X 1024 image and imported that into ZBrush. I used crop & fill with a flat material to fill the screen with the map. Then I used 2.5D tools to create the iris color and the pupil over the map’s wireframes, then exported to create my color map for use in Poser.

Now that I think about it, I could have used a material other than Flat to create the iris and give it some depth and shine. Next time…

Step-by-step for this will either be in my winning entry (hey, I can be foolishly optimistic!!), or I will write up a tutorial at some later point. Hope you like it! Unfortunately, the cornea effects are not possible in ZBrush at this time, without using layers for transparency.

Cartoon Eye.jpg

awesome eye! i love the idea so far; this could be a winner! :wink:

Sounds fun! Very clean eye. :+1:

I like very much your eye. I hope will be time for practice this tecnique…
:bulb: :+1:

really movin, nice to see your progress, the eye is great, i always have trouble with them.

Update on the little girl’s face. Modeled, textured and rendered in ZBrush 3.1

Girl-Face.jpg

OK, she’s bald right now, but I haven’t quite figure out how I want to do her hair. She is in pajamas because werewolves come out at night, right? If you want to imagine the entire story, the werewolf probably tried to climb into her window to eat her, and she turned the tables on him.

C & C wanted and needed. Thanks! By the way, the Character Strip feature of the ZApplink is awesome!!!

Hahaha creepy cute lil’ girl.
I can already imagine all the story… Very cool model :+1:

Keep them coming Slim :wink:

PS.
I insist… Creeeeepy lil’ girl :smiley:

Hehe, perhaps dimples or braces? Braces might not be worth the effort though.

I like the dimples idea, especially since there is a place in the mesh at the cheeks where I am getting a pinching that won’t smooth out. Thanks for the suggestion.

Fidel - I hope she is not so creepy…I was going for adorable! Maybe once she has the hair and the proper facial expression. This is just the base, and her teeth quite frighten me, as well.

Yeah I had the same issue on my “Scared Sam” model for my concept. To solve it I had to use the flatten tool with the Zintensity turned way down and gently work the creases out.

I really like the idea of having the little girl forcing the werewolve to be in her tea party! Hitch said it all on pg 3 and I agree with him. I can see the werewolf sitting at a childrens table almost about to crush the tiny chair he is in, and being surrounded by stuffed animal party goers, while the little girl standing behind him is putting ribbons in his hair while he howls in agony!

Just a couple of side notes. Try to stay in Zbrush man, the SSS really is not needed, and the fresnel like cornea effect could be done easily with the Highlighter II tool. I also really like your progress on the little girl. Something is not right with her eyes though…I’ll have to think some more about that. In the mean time if you could post any sketches of your scene, maybe I could help you with your composition. -Brian

i like the lil girl she is funny n looking good, i like her pajamas as well, keep it up :+1:

Thanks for all the input, folks. Nightwoodwolf - I decided a few days ago that I WILL stay in ZBrush for the entire project. Various reasons, the biggest being that polycounts can be too high for other apps, and creating a texture from polypaint is extra steps that I don’t need for this project.

I think the problem with the eyes might be that there are no lashes yet. They are too wide at this time…but she is a bit crazed, really, so it should make sense in the long run. I may add eyelids as a subtool with the lashes. Most likely, I wll. Okay, I just decided as I type this that I will do that. It should help. Also, the teeth are going to be redone…I just don’t like them as they are.

I think the tea party setting might not be the best idea here, but the rest will remain. She will be torturing him with her “beautification” of him. I don’t have any sketches because my sketching skills really stink. I did a few prelims, but they are not worthy of sharing. :slight_smile: Maybe I can do a previz in poser or something using mannequins. We’ll see. I do know already that I will render it looking up from a low camera angle.

Well, several more hours of work and the little girl is finished…for now. Still have 3 weeks to go, so she could change. But here she is in a test pose. It’s a lot harder than I thought, at first. The hands are the hardest to pose well, but in any medium, the hands seem to give people alot of trouble.