ZBrushCentral

Scared Silly Entry by Brian Schlosser

She is so cute… very good :wink:

I hope I don’t make everyone sick of this little girl before judging begins…but I gave her some plastic surgery. I just didn’t like the way she looked…too creepy.

So, here is version 1 (left) and version 2 (right). Which is better?

Two-Girls.jpg

the one on the right if your wanting a more real person, though if your going for the creepy doll look the one on the left.Personnaly I choose the one on the right.:+1:

The one on the right definitely looks sweeter, though less cartoony. I like the bigger features in proportion to the head in the second one, especially the eyes.

I like both versions myself, but it all depends on one’s own personal taste in what look you are going for. It might be better to go with the left version if the toon look is what you’re going for.

The one on the right is probably more proportionately accurate, but then if you want more of a natural look, then it might be more confusing to people to interpret what you are going for: toony or realistic?, semi-realistic or semi-toony?

Typical toon features are: larger eyes, smaller mouth, puffy cheeks, shorter arms and legs, plump midsection, puffy hands, etc.

I think the “creepyness” in here expression is more due to having expressionless eyes. A lot of emotion or demeanor is expressed through the eyes a lot more than what people would think. Having a wide smile with no “feeling” being transmitted through the eyes can be confusing to people in trying to figure out her demeanor.

Google “smiling, laughing, children” to look at various photos of children and notice the eyes then you’ll see what I mean.

OK, more work on Chrissy (the name I gave her). I really, really like this face. I hope you all do, too. I’m going to re-make her hair. I don’t like the pigtails. I’m thinking maybe a bowl cut of sorts (like Dorothy Hamill, maybe). And it will be either blond or ginger.

Girl Best.jpg

Oh, one more thing. I finally did a concept sketch (I know, I’m working backward). I thought that if I modelled first, then the composition would come to me, and it did. This is a tracing of my original sketch. The little girl standing behind him didn’t look right because I drew her too large. So, I just traced the wolf part. Pardon my sketching skills…it’s been a very long time.

Wolf-Sketch.jpg

Looks like your moveing right along. Keep up the great work!:slight_smile:

I found myself going round and round in circles on my entry in parts too. I suddenly found I had spent hours just trying to get the perfect ‘look’ to something.

The best advice I could give is move on to something else and come back to the girl. you’ll find that you have no trouble getting her to where you want her with a fresh start after working on something else. Hopefully.

But don’t worry, she looks amazing in all her forms so far. ;):+1:

Your newest rendition of Chrissy is looking really good! dustbin1_01 has a good point…if you get stuck or are really slowed down try working on something else for your scene. It helps!

Slosh,

Way to go, loving the additions and the way your going on your project. I personally liked both versions of your lil Chrissy, to me it all depended on what setting you putting them in and what reaction you trying to get for your images “mood”. The new Chrissy looks great as well!!!

All the entrys are looking great, however, keep at it yours is right up there and really looking forward to the completion!! :+1: :+1:

Hey Slim,

The girl’s face is really “nice” looking now. When I said she was a creepy cute lil’ girl it was because the expresionless stare -not in a bad way- :wink:

I’d stick with the second version. She does look sweeter now.

Love the last face :+1:

Pardon my sketching skills…it’s been a very long time

It hasn’t been long enough becuase you still have the skills my man :wink:
The werewolf really looks like he’s in “pain”… maybe you can accentuate a bit more his expression.

Lookingh good Slim… keep them coming :+1:

I almost forgot that we are supposed to share our steps, so here are the elements I have done so far…with as many stages as I could show for each part.

Bear-Steps.jpg

Attachments

Chair-Steps.jpg

Stool-Steps.jpg

Table-Steps.jpg

Girl-Steps.jpg

Wow Brian! No wonder you’ve been so quiet lately… lots and lots of props! Everthing’s looking really good man! :+1:

Can’t wait to see the werewolf :+1:

It’s all looking good! there’s me thinking you were stuck on the little girl, who looks amazing now by the way. :D:+1:

Lovely work~:+1:

Brian, those are looking nice. You have such a great style!!!

Slosh,

Thanks for sharing, more I see the more I like it as well as motivating it is for me to find time to get back at this again!! I have a feeling this is piece and project is really going to make you shine!! :+1: :+1:

What a nice bunch of comments to come home to. Thank you all very much. I actually am quite proud of this myself as I think it’s some of my favorite work to date. Almost don’t care about the Cyntiq or the tablets…ALMOST!!!

Well you can give it to me if you win then. :wink: