ZBrushCentral

Run with this Mesh (Starter Mesh) for comics

I suppose, for balance, usually the one with big jubblies has big booties to boot so they won’t be top heavy. :confused: :lol:
It is an interesting thought that some geeks would turn into evil mad scientists just to meet “girls with great big tits” as the pythons would put it. . . . Sometimes I think I’m in the wrong line of work. :rolleyes: :lol:

But anyway,
Here’s another update. I manage to get a bit of work done today. Finished blocking the muscles and all. I hope she’d turn out muscular without becoming the incredible hulk. Strangely, the thigh looks a bit too big in this cap, but I don’t think it’s actually that big on the model…
Capture.JPG

Attachments

Capture2.JPG

Another update. There’s something wrong with this creature’s proportions. It becomes quite weird after I elongated the neck, further weirdifying the thing.
[attach=83892]Capture.JPG[/attach]

Attachments

Capture.JPG

Well thank you for the mesh. The thread piqued my interest. So after 11yrs or so of owning Zbrush I thought it would be a good exercise to actually finish something in this programme before I give it away. I have never used ZBrush3 or 3.1, basically because the materials seem odd, the lighting peculiar, and models look completely different in any light, or angle one might choose. Its OK for monsters, but disheartening for realism.
The mesh seems fine:)
Why I ask, doesn’t the programme come with different cursers for SUB and ADD?

Enough moaning!

This will be my first and last completed model, even though I have never bothered to learn 3.1, textures etc. So literally back from the near dead I begin here. So far I am three-quarters of the way to finishing the face. The expression will change depending on the pose I will create. The face will actually change to a more angular cartoon look (slightly).
Onward…

comic1.jpg

feu I think the neck needs to be just a tad shorter along with the arms. (start there)

Atom Nice piece. Looks like the face turned out good. Wanted to see if the mesh would hole up and it looks like it did.

Sorry to hear about your retirement. You should stick with it looks like you have a nack for it.

I have to wait for this weekend before I get to work on mine.
Unless i find a role of duct tape large enough to handle a 1/2 dozen peeps that are always asking for stuff done.

Or a used Traq. Gun on Ebay might come in handy

Hey, ed, sorry to hear you’re giving away your Zs. If not for the little things in ZB, I think the community built around it alone should be enough make the program a keeper. This place is a very fun place to hang out.

I’d say yeah, a monster is always a lot easier to make not only in ZB but in practically every sense because you can’t look at a monster and go, his eyes’re too big or what kind of tail is that? While on humanoids people would go, “that’s a strange lookin’ breast” in a snap.

Anyway,
I superimposed my sculpt to the “master plan” and I find that the arms and legs proportion are actually good. Good being a standard US comic book heroine proportion with short torso and long limbs. However, I think I elongated the neck too much to make it a bit unnatural. But as I said, they do exist! Have you seen Rancy Pausch’ Last Lecture? Aside from an excellent lecture that I recommend EVERYONE to watch, his wife is a very beautiful lady with very long neck. Perhaps its the squared shoulder that makes this mesh a bit strangey lookin’. . . Well, I got till weekend to play catch up.
Untitled-1.jpg

Mr Mushrooms yes it appears to be a great mesh to model on…no edgeloops. I thank you again for this thread and mesh. A pity there aren’t more takers.

Yes the community is good, but it is not the same as the early days feureau.

Zbrush has crashed five times on me…I lost a couple of hours of modelling (most of it on hair) tools keep changing on me etc. The hair 3 different approaches, all were looking good too… urrrk!

So I just decided to roughly block in some body shapes…and changed the face a little (which still needs finishing)

bod2pegruf.jpg

Attachments

bodpegruf.jpg

@ ed_the_atom You should keep Zbrush and use all the great things it has got like subtools transpose retopo etc and then render in Mental Ray or Vray or Carrara or…:cool:
I was just getting used to Z2 when…the goodies far out weigh the baddies as long as you remember to SAVE A LOT!!!
As Diana Ross says "Think it oh whoa ver…wee oooh :slight_smile:

Hi Pride:) Well if I could get sub tools to work… and if transpose could work with half a body without the ensuing mess (works well with limbs though) and I had about 300yrs of life left I would probably not give it away. As it stands I’m begining to doubt ever finishing this model to my satisfaction.

With this image I’m just experimenting to see what the model might look like with hair (she looks better the bigger she is).

The body in this image is just me playing about (nothing really finished) muscles will be toned down and I will go with a more sexy look alround.

abababab.jpg

Well just to show that I have been working still on this and about 1000000 other things, (this being my favorite).

Heres an update

Here is my finished sculpt
color.jpg

Attachments

death.jpg

I don’t think I’ve had any problem with subtools and transpose… but I totally feel you with the time it take to do a job done. I’m not sure why, but it seems everyone else can do an artwork quite quickly while I totally take a lot of time to just do one work. . . .

Looking good Canned… I kinda like the style:+1:

feureau, Don’t believe all the speed stories…sure anyone can quickly model a face/figure, I know I can, but to achieve a high artistic/technical level then with all the details, proportions, nuances etc, not to mention accessories, textures posing, lighting etc. we all grow old;) .
As for subtools etc… well shame on me I forgot all about the preferences menu and was only (supposedly) running on 256meg of ram and other low settings. Still pushing it up to 1600meg didn’t give me a higher poly tool, but let me play with extrude.

Here is an update on this comic model. After playing with extrude, subtools and stuff I gave up on them… they all looked too false… and subtools… well I couldn’t find an option to work on Subtool 0 (my female model) so I gave up. So now I am modelling everything on the model itself.

At this point I was looking at a super comic chick that resides in my mind, but in parallel I will do an updated sexy state of the art type female comic character as well.
[color=wheat]All done without reference…well apart from the odd nude female I have seen…so forgive the anatomical mistakes:(

acbodpeg.jpg

Attachments

bigmesspeg.jpg

well i’m nearly done with my main model after a week of slacking off. however i’m running into various issues with transpose master, if i make a mesh thats too high i get banding, if i make it too low the subtools don’t line up, if i make it just in the middle the masking is too soft or hard, maybe i should’ve made goldilocks. well its definitly been a learning experience so far. i’ll post when i can accept the outcome of this trial and error. I’m also trying to add more elements so we’ll see how long that takes, hehe.

ed, its looking good, she reminds me of someone but i can’t place it. also her face reminds me of that old movie called mephisto, the way he looks with the makeup on, kinda weird.

canned i like the way it is, hopefully you’ll be playing with the lighting a bit more, its so dark right now, but thats just to me.

Ya defiantly changing the lighting.
But I do that in Photoshop.
Especially since mat cap materials cannot be lit within pixologic.

That transpose master is a lost cause space. I had huge issues with it.
Basically most of the meshes would turn out half sub-divided half not.
Just combine your tools first then pose, Then Sculpt.
Heres a thumbnail on where I am headed with the piece.

[ladydeath.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘84361’,‘ladydeath2.jpg’,1,0))

Attachments

ladydeath2.jpg

yeah, i’m considering reattaching the subtools and then doing reproject etc. instead. trying to figure out which is going to be more labor intensive.
nice change on the background and i dig the rocky base. if you allow me more critiques i’d say now things need to be reflecting more of that orangish color(of course you’ll probably be doing that anyway). for my own tastes i’m not fond of the composition but i’m personally fond of vertical lines and 3/4 view. this head on shot though is very stanley kubrick so i’ll give it a thumbs up! :+1:
going crazy trying to wrap my brain around motherboards etc for my new system.hehe.

Hey Jason. Nice sculpt. I realy like the detail in the body, and the proportions are spot on. The face however looks kinda wierd. The proportions in the face seem kinda off. The eyes are too wide, and I think the lips should be a lot fuller. The nose should also be a tad wider. Anyway other than that it’s nice.

Id really like to see this one go into maya with some nice SSS skin, and some nice cloth shaders. I think you could even go close to photoreal if you find the time to do so, but ya I know you’re a busy man, with teaching and all.

Thanks Jesse and space
Ya Jesse thats what it was thanks because that face has been bothering me for awhile it was the eyes and lips. Hate big noses on comic characters so I left that alone. I’ll post it later. (I have to work on eye movement within the piece because right now I have non.

Heres the rocks
which rocked by the way to make.:wink:
[rock2.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘84380’,‘rock2.jpg’,1,0))
Projection master and texture masking to make them

Working on eye movement with some DOF items within the composition.
Fixed the face some also.

I still havent uped my DPI for the final details but so far so good.
[master7.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘84428’,‘master7.jpg’,1,0))

Good update Canned:cool:

Just mucking about with this. Tried a little bit of transpose to see how I would go. Still a lot of fixes to do. You gotta love that flatten brush.

Well to date here it is…

commiicccpeg.jpg

Here are some REJECTS from this mesh.

Firstly they were all experiments and never finished. Played with ideas in poly paint. Experimented with different head sizes etc.

Two were nowhere near dynamic enough.
Transpose (the way I used it destroyed the mesh eg. hands, arms, head), plus any symmetry was lost (including that posing type one). So modelled with no symmetry (which had its own separate problems). I shall perservere and finish a comic character:roll_eyes: .

Sebcesoir’s Skinwax material used :+1:

rejectsjpg.jpg

MMMM the usual… as soon as I enter a thread it dies. Ahh paranoia, don’t ya just love it;) .

Well moving right along…
I figured out transpose (to some extent) I still do not have full poseable symmetry in most notably the arms and feet (I haven’t tried the hands) No biggy though. So here is the latest attempt to model something. I will retain this pose and see how I go.

comixpeg.jpg

Attachments

comix1peg.jpg