ZBrushCentral

Run with this Mesh (Starter Mesh) for comics

Ok jees THATS IT! From this day forth Zbrush will Now be called CrashBrush. This is so uber flustrating.
Don’t deform before moving. Only move counter clockwise. Make sure the sun is in the western sky before diving mesh. Only hide polygons on your birthday while dressed as a Zebra. Playing with the deformation pallet is like playing russian roulet with a midgit holding a cannon. And I think Your chasing your Zspheres around the canvas more than you are modeling with them.
it’s been a month or 2 since I actually sat down and modeled something hard in Zbrush. Now I know why I took a break from it. SO STRESSFUL!
But other than a rant (sorry don’t do it too often) I hammered out this this Bed 4 hours later. For a scene prop.
bed.jpg

Enjoy
Got to unplug;) for awhile

Attachments

bed2.jpg

i see where this is headed.
been running into problems trying to come up with a scene myself, i mean she teleports, not sure what to do with that.

hmm ya that would be tuff.

Teleporter huh Maybe a spoof of her leaning against the startrek transporter pad control with a (can you come here and help me figure this out look) for the pose.
It would be high level comic nerd humor but hey thats the best kind;)

I can see how stressful this has been and I am sending you something to smooth out the sheets without having to crash. :slight_smile:

[attach=83595]ZeeSoft.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

ZeeSoft.jpg

nice bed btw.
its funny cause the star trek thing was the first thing i thought of too, haha. not sure about that one though.

lol pride

ya havent divided them yet.
Too scared too. have to wait for the witch doctor to give his blessing before I attempt it.

just wanted to post an update, let me know what you think.

what?
you can’t see it?
oh right thats cause i just lost it in a crash!
luckily i have a previous version.

CM, I had all those crashing problems you mentioned and it made me pull my hair out. I was so pissed off that I bought Vista. (hmm… I know those words but that sentence made no sense) Anyway, it fixed all those surprise crashes. (surprising, but it’s true!)

The only problem I kept having is that sometimes when I right-click, 1 in 10000 times the menu would “lock” everything. Keyboard shortcuts would work (except for saving the tool). I think this is a ZB-inherited problem since I experience this in Z2 also.

And one more thing, I’d played with this rig for a bit and this is still really-reallly rough and I think I screwed up the facial composition a LOT, but I just wanted to have something to show.

Yeah, I like girls with very long necks. It probably look unnatural, but they do exist.
[ZBrush-Document1.jpg]

feur did you happen to go with vista 64bit ?
Also feur check the legs on the model before you get too far there is a pair of boots hid. Go to frame click on polygroups / autogroups and you will see them. Use delHidden to get rid of them if you want.

Space she did not crash, she just telported women are crazy that way;)
Been there lost two like that this weekend space. Let me guess the mid save bug? Where it looks like it saved and then you pray that the model is ok and poof…nothing there but another crash while you load the file.

It’s … um… feu for short, please. ^^ The extra r made it looks like a complete word. :lol:
Thanks for the heads up, it was hidden well within the mesh. I wouldn’t have found out unless I did something weird. :smiley:

Capture.JPG

At first I went with vista x32 but found that it’s a bit too slow, so I reinstall with the x64. ZB performance is about the same as with both version, but the rest of vista is significantly faster.

Ah, yes, the save bug. Especially annoying if you don’t use svengali’s incremental autosave script. I had that problem too, but not anymore.

C.M.

Looks like you, space and the others are having fun with this lil project of yours and your mesh. Some nice things happening, I’m liking what I’m seeing pretty sweet. You guys keep up the good work, I’ll keep popping back by to have a look. I’m working on to many of my own personal stuff and other projects or I’d think about joining you folks. Keep up the good work you guys! :slight_smile:

actually canned i never have crashes on saving. on working with document layers all the time. but this one was particularly weird but i think i know what its related to. you know that annoying thing they did now when you try to hide part of your mesh and you have other subtools visible and now it jumps to them instead, well it did that and crashed, normally it doesnt. however what ive noticed is that if you click the subtool arrows up or down and cycle through them too fast this will crash, definitily don’t add one of those arrows to your interface then it crashes everytime, at least over here.
i’m really bogged down on the head, like i said its okay as it is but i’m obsessing.
feureau, i’m going to say this as nice as possible, i’ve tried vista and if i was forced to work with only that i would never use a computer again. Also have you taken into account that maybe your previous version of windows had some issues with drivers/settings etc and vista fixed that, what i mean is it might be particular to your machine.

render9.jpg
Space its an Illustration :wink:
The face will be fine this base mesh wasnt designed for skin pores or details anyway.

Just have fun and be creative. I like the face anyway on the last render you had .

Heres my newest thought.
Whats the story here. Why the bed? why the sheet?
Is it to hide something (no not hell boy) But something is going on here!!!
BTW I used downey on those sheets worked great. I was too late to add the freeken fabric softener though!!!

I have 32 bit on my laptop and I’m having no issues. In fact Ready Boost using the fastest 4gig Flash Drive I could find took my workable poly count way up. I can set it for 5 gigs or so and ZBrush sees it as RAM. :+1: I’ve read other are having issues but I’m not having any worth mentioning on either my new PC running XP Pro or this laptop with Vista Home Premium. The only issue in a year was driver vendors dragging their collective feet. Not one problem I can attribute to Vista in the whole year.

Cool thread. If I can find time I might join in next weekend.

CM, that reminds me, some people with nVidia cards did have problem with ZB crashing. (Many ATI users don’t seem to have problems with crashing) I think reverting to a very old driver solved a lot of the crashing. So, you might wanna check that out. I was still using XP when Z3 came out and after trying practically every available drivers, it only fixed some of the crashing problem. Switching to vista cleared up everything. Yeah, it maybe somekind of dumb luck. But I daresay, vista is not as bad as the mainstream press made it out to be. Although, of course, at least two other alternatives blew it out of the water. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, I haven’t got too much time on my hand to do any serious work on this thing, but I just wanna put up an update. At least, just to say, that I’m working on it. :smiley: But I still don’t know which comic book hero/ine I’m going for. Maybe a variation of batgirl. Or something nuder. The guys in comic books are just much more cooler than the girls. HOWEVER at ZBC, the girls are much better lookin’ than the guys. Does playing too much with ZB causes loneliness? Hmm…

[Capture.JPG]

here is where i left off a few days ago, i’ve been looking for a new pc so not much time to zbrush. as you can see they mostly look the same, this is what i mean, i start making microchanges, not microdetails and it drives me crazy, hehe but thats the way i am. still need to fix the eyes, lips, nose, and add eyelashes, and hair of course.
Are the Nivida cards still having problems thinking about getting an 8800gt. Feureau i’ll pretend that i didnt hear you say that comic guys are cooler than the girls, (this says sooo much but i won’t go there), methinks you’ve not been reading enough comics.:laughing:

ZBrush Docment.jpg

LOL :smiley: yeah, I don’t read a lot of comics and I can prove it. Naming comic heroines on top of my head: Wonder Woman, Batgirl, Supergirl, Storm, and those two x-men chicks who can go thru wall and suck other people’s power… That’s all I can think of right now. :lol: :rolleyes:

Anyway, I don’t know if they finally fixed the problem with nvidia card thing. Although ZB won’t benefit from powerful graphics card like the 8800 since it processes its graphics via the CPU. Bottom line, I’d still say if you’re going with a new rig, get one with vista to ensure crash avoidance. Or, maybe they’d release an updated windows version with the impending release of the mac version later this month. Or just, get a mac altogether.

Anyway, Progress report:
I can’t seem to make ears look right, and my sculpting often leaves “scratch marks” on the smooth surfaces. I blame it on the smooth brush. I have to increase the alpha bias to reduce it’s causing some streak lines on the brush edges and I forget to increase the alpha bias until it’s too late. I wish there’s a way to set the default values for many of ZB brush (and other) settings.
I went up to 2 HD levels to get the poly density I need on the head. But ears just never look right on my sculpts. I don’t know why.
Capture.JPG

Just an update. Been working on the arms. Some muscle blockings for smoothing later on. Why do comic book heroins have such big boobs? They’d just got in the way during a fight. Unless it’s machine gun jubblies.
Capture.JPG

balance :slight_smile:

I know you might say “um wouldn’t that make them top heavy right?”

Yes Yes it would

That’s their real super power. The bigger they are the more gaga their sworn enemy becomes then they wham em with whatever their secondary super power is.