ZBrushCentral

Rick Baker Monstermaker 3D Portrait - WIP

Good job Antropus,
It looks great as usual! I like all the little details, they are really well balanced. I really like the hairs too, is it simple stroke by stroke deco brush and patience? Or is there another technique? I really like that b & w test you did in ps, I think it’s a good idea. Can’t wait to see the final render in maya!

:+1:

KRISH .
An apt tribute from one grand master to another.
From your works ,people like me, draw perennial inspiration.
kkv

Kris… you are one kick as modeller!! :slight_smile:

OUTSTANDING

Kris,

Your artwork, along with others, has pushed the Z-community. You have inspired me with your work and this is just another example. I hope to have a “Cult Following” someday. Thanks.

Hey MM: You should return the favor and create a model of Kris. That would be great to have two great artist making models of each other! It’s just a thought! :smiley:

MJB

Hey MM: You should return the favor and create a model of Kris. That would be great to have two great artist making models of each other! It’s just a thought! :smiley:

That would be really nice!

Bom trabalho Kris!

This is turning out so brilliantly, Kris - homage to another master, certainly;
but also a real labour of love it seems :wink:

All the little tips gleaned from your ever-useful posts go a long way to helping
everybody here with the continued improvement their own pieces :+1:

Have a lovely re-union at home, btw :slight_smile:

Chris

…holly mutha of cordlessmouse: the b/w shots are simply AWSOME:sunglasses:

:+1:

(5/5…)

Hey MM: You should return the favor and create a model of Kris.

yeah, I agree with that too!

Very good model so far. I’m definatly gonna keep an eye on this thread.

This looks great. Good work. Please do not share your models I do not want any shortcuts to tempt me from learning my own techniques.

Hey, don’t worry, Rick already started my portrait and looks just like me: http://www.pixolator.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=33229 :lol:

froyd, kkv, m-in, jit_gohil, michaeljbaird, JFSebastian, Abyssis, EvilSmiley, cy,
your nice words and incentive makes me keep going. Thanks a lot guys!

Atwooki,
thanks man! Yeah, I’m putting some work on this guy. Let’s hope it’s going to look better after the texture work :slight_smile:

JR Gauthier,
I’m glad you like it. Yeah, decobrush and a very tinny paintbrush combined. After that, a little bit of inflat, veeeery subtle and a little smooth. That’s it :slight_smile:
About the B&W test, man this is great to see if the 3D model looks right. Sometimes you think you have a good model and using the threshold filter you can find that the cheek is too big the eyebrows are not right etc. This way I can check what’s wrong more easily.

Thanks again,
-Kris

Very cool model! :grimacing:

I’m excited to see the final results. I do not know how you make so smooth mesh! It’s really cool!

By the way, I’m the brasilian living in Calgary/ Canada who sent a e-mail for you couple weeks ago asking for informations about 3D market.

And your works is inspiring me a lot, thanks for all posts, tutorial and good models!

And if want to see the difference between my first model and the last one you can check this out!

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=33238

Thanks Man! :+1:
Are you in Brasil right now?

I think this is neat…I’ve always been a fan of both of you guys (actually all of the true masters.) Keep up the great work…and thanks for all of the inspiration. This forum has rekindled my love of traditional art and sculpture once again from pieces like this. Thanks again to the true masters in the new age of digital sculpting.

-L

It is great

Would you like to make tutorial for it?

a video quick one?

please

Bravo

trustter,

Thanks. Your model looks nice man. I’m not in Brazil yet, next week.

ltrain7,
and I can tell you that inspiration comes also with nice words, not only with images. So, thanks for your nice words man. It’s a great inspiration for me and makes me keep moving forward because I too believe in CG as artistic expression, more than anything :+1:

STAVREV,
probably not a specific tutorial because I went too far to make a tutorial for this model. Maybe when I start the next one, if I get the free time. All I can say is that the textures I’m using here are produced exactly like in the tutorial I already posted here at ZBrushCentral (Artists in Action) and the wrinkles and skin details are also available for download (alphas) and other artists already posted tutorials showing the same techiniques to create these details. So, nothing new at all, just atention to the details.

Ok, I started making the textures. For this basic texture, I used a picture that Rick himself sent to me for reference (thanks a lot Rick!!!). The picture had not a very good resolution (I think it was 400x600 and shows not only the head but part of the body, so it’s really lowres for texturing). I used the picture as base for the color and now I started painting details over it, redoing the beard etc. The texture was only projected in the front view. That’s why you will see problems in the sides of the head, mainly in the beard area, very stretched for now. I’ll fix it using a combination of samples from pictures and manual painting. The skin shader and light are the same I posted before in my another thread about detailing the human skin. The only difference is the skin color included in this model. I personally liked the way that the texture integrated with the pores and wrinkles I modeled and also the 8% reflection in the shader helped to create some nice diffuse specular effect in areas like cheeks and forehead. Still a lot to do but man, ZBrush rocks even for rendering!

I hope you like it. Now I’m going to sleep.

Cya,
-Krissculpt13.jpgsculpt14.jpg

I know i repeat myself, but … wow!
Great start with the texture :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

greets
froyd

WoW…:grimacing:…WoW

Antropus
That is incredible.
By far the most realistic skin I’ve seen.
The subtle tones and texture are so well done.
Thanks for the inspiration.

Materful, I’m inspired. Zbrush is amazing