ZBrushCentral

Questions & Troubleshooting for ZBrush 4R5

Hi, zber…

Doesn’t work for me.

You don’t have any textures applied to subtools by any chance?

Hi, just to be clear…

I can get the sub-tool to dim; lighter and darker. It works. But .9 in ZB4r4 allows me to get much lighter, about 4-6 shades of grey lighter than in ZBr5. Not a show stopper, I just prefer to work with unselected sub-tools not so dark. I’ve checked it on my other license; .9 in ZB4r4 is different than .9 in ZB4r5…on my PC.

and thanks zber, for your replies.

Hey :slight_smile:

I got the same issue with Kaspersky, but it seems that when you restore the Z4R5 files once, after when you restart your computer it works. Be aware, ALL the Z4R5 have to be restore, otherwise GOZ won’t work. (Sorry it’s in French but I outlined the icons)

Another problem I get is ZAppLink, doesn’t seem to work. Anyone has ideas ? I use it a lot

You should try to create the ability to save a ZTL bin format too guys, because it could be good to be able to save a ZTL on th R5 and go back to the previous Z version in case this problem happens (ZApplink), hard to explain that when you are in production

applink.jpg

The Zapplink issue has been identified. We will provide an update soon… but it will be at the beginning of January.

Hello
I am also experiencing issues with Zapplink on 4R5 and I am on a Mac running OSX. The issue is that the Plugin will not recognize there is a tool on the canvas when I select to store a view.

I will be looking forward to the plugin update.

Hi.

If I’m on a mac and I want to download the windows version of r5, how do I get the windows exe link?

Thx

(Can you even? I was under the impression they are considered different licenses, judging by various license swaps like this)

ZBrush licenses are bind to a platform, Windows or MacOSX. Is it possible to buy a license for the other platform at a special price.
you can visit the Pixologic Store for more information :slight_smile:

Hi,

Just read through this thread and couldn’t find any other report of what has happened in my case.

I am updating from 4r4 2 and get this msg (from the updater within ZB or ZUpgrader.exe) after the download is complete and that’s where the process stops.

Hope we can sort this out, the new release looks great!

Thanks.

Attachments

ZB_error.jpg

I had received a similar error message when trying to update. Instead I just went for afull install which worked perfectly (and is a bonus to me since I like having the installer handy)

4R5 saved my UI but now it’s missing the ‘Active poly count’ and ‘total poly count’ display in the right hand side top shelf menu.
Not sure how to get it back?
Any Ideas?

Those 2 items are in ‘Preferences>Misc’. Enable customize and Ctrl+Alt+drag them where you want. Store Config (Ctrl+Shift+I) when done.

-I also noticed some strange behaviour of the move brush. The vertices distort sometimes as i move them around.

-“backface masking” doesn’t only mask the backside of the faces

-“project all” doesn’t work like it used to (some areas seem to be affected more than others)

That’s where they are. Thanks a bunch!

I’m getting the same issue with the move tool. It’s a random issue for me but when it occurs(and its happened quite a few times) it feels like the intensity is at 1% when it doesn’t matter what strength it is and it will not move in, only out. I have the latest nvidia driver and wacom drivers for my intuos 4 tablet and it worked fine before the update to 4R5.

Trist, I had the same error as you after auto updating.

Look in your zb4r4 folder for updater.exe with todays date and double click that.

That worked for me and it made a new folder of zb4r5 and asked me where I wanted it and then all I had to do was web activation and it is working now.

For some reason I cannot get groups by normals to work in the osx version. Any tips on how exactly it is supposed to work? I have set the max angle tolerance to all sorts of numbers. If I put it to under 10 then I get some odd single polygons change to a separate group.

Mike

If I try to open my documents inside of 4R5 it doesn’t even see them. If I try open them from the outside, it gives me a nasty error messages that it was created in another version of Zbrush so can’t open it at all… I can’t find any the documents on how to update them.

I love exploring the new 4R5.

But for some reason that I can’t figure, none of my brushes within LightBox are visible when I search there.
I added a bunch of custom folders of Brushes, which worked fine in the last versions.
I can go to the brush palette and choose load and then go to the folder and load the brushes and they work,
I just can’t seem to do it from Lightbox.