ZBrushCentral

Questions and Answers for the Insert Multi-Mesh Repository

I created the track into polygroups and subtools and then put them back together into one tool which when PolyF is turned on it shows three polygroups (each with it’s own color). The flat white image shows how it now makes the track (the res is at 24 the highest it will go) as you can see the track welds together and makes an even track. Now how do I get the track to curve more where they meet instead of the angle.
tracks test1.JPGtrain track1 test.JPGzzz.JPG

You need to watch the tutorial videos an creating Multi Insert Brush. If you have three polygroups ZBrush will assume you want to have the center polygroup repeated over and over, using the other two polygroups at the ends.

In this case you will want all the pieces to be of the same polygroup (but still not melted into one continuous mesh via Dynamesh). Just all as one tool, one polygroup. Merge them together so you don’t see more than one subtool. Use Polygroups > Group visible.

This really is not as difficult as it may seem right now. You’ll just have to figure those few steps out.

dragon4lunch Thank You for all your help.
I did do the Polygroups > Group visible and I did watch the videos - I was following another tut.
Anyway the other tut said to have tri-parts on ----- I turned tri-parts off and what a difference it makes on the curve.
train track test.JPG

Very cool! So much cool stuff that’s possible with ZBrush - rock on!

Hi, I’m having some trouble with getting my tri-part insert meshes to wrap neatly when I Shift+Drag it around an object. The end parts either overlap or have unsightly gaps. What am I doing wrong? Is this something I can correct with the Curve Mode/ Modify options or is it related to how I set up the insert mesh?

Thanks :confused:IMM_Overlap_01.jpgIMM_Overlap_02.jpgIMM_Overlap_03.jpg

Guys,
could some one tell me if there is any way I can preserve the UVs from the mesh I use for a chain for example. Every time I try it I loose the UVs. What Im trying to do is:

model box, uv it, create insert mesh= get the same result as when you copy and paste same model several times. I hope I make myself clear :).
Cheers
Untitled-1.jpg

Attachments

Untitled-1.jpg

I’m also wondering if I can preserve UV’s I created on my model I use as a IMM brush.

Hi everyone.

Wondering if there might be a workaround for using more than a 3 part insert, “tri mesh” brush? Or are we just gonna have to wait for an R5 update?
Also, what are some thoughts on auto updating the individual parts of the said “3 part insert, tri mesh” brush?

Thx

How do you go about making a brush? I made a cool gear thing that I would enjoy sharing.

Check out the Insert Mesh tutorials in ZClassroom.

I have a stupid usability question. I’ve made a frill from the IMM repository and I can’t seem to deselect it now to get back to my main pillow. Little help, please?

heartpillow.jpg

Attachments

heartpillow.jpg

Clicking on the mesh will cement your curve where it is. In the stroke pallette is a delete button.

Clicking once on the underlying mesh will delete the curve without deleting the insert you just placed. You can now draw another curve if you want. If you want to continue sculpting the pillow, Ctrl+click+drag on the canvas to delete the mask.

That’s it, thank you so much.

Sorry for blowing up this topic, I feel like such a noob. I know it’s possible to create Multimeshes from Subtools but is it possible to create Subtools from Multimeshes to previous color for polypainting later?

heart.jpg

Such a large number of superb meshes…

It would be great to have:

• A searchable data-base
  • A visual catalog organized alphabetically

Searching through all the threads is a hit and miss situation, not to mention extremely time-intense
Using the search engine for the thread is pretty lame - typed in “buckle” = nothing, typed in “buckles” = only 2 hits

Currently looking for a simple adjustment buckle like those on the straps of coveralls that help adjust the length of a strap
The bigger the category gets, the harder it gets to find specific items

A catalog would be handy.Badking has one going on his site, but I can’t say how well the search function works and it probably isn’t as extensive (yet, it’s constantly growing!).

Otherwise I think you’re limited to using the search, or browsing the thread gallery to isolate attachments (http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc-thread-gallery.php?tid=170167).

Is it possible to get wrapmode to work with any of the IMM brushes? I’ve toggled it on but it doesn’t actually function :(? I just figured it would make creating tileable textures much easier.

Hello, I’m currently working on some Cactus for my personal project and i can’t figured it out how the IMM bounding box and axis is controlled by ZB to orient and aligned the Mesh onto the Surface.

Have a look at this:I’ ve made some different Pine element in Modo and loaded them inside Zbrush as different subtool.

IMM_Subtool_in_Modo.gif

So at this time the Pine element are just different by the number of pine. The general scale didn’t change. I’ve integrated polygon parts in order to see on what axis Zbrush orient those element on the Curve.

So here you can see that the Curve Size modifier didn’t preserve the proportion of the Mesh on X Y and Z. It look that the Y is preserved, but X and Z are stretched using this curve modifier.
I want to preserve a proportion on all axis, and also introduce an empty space between those mesh that can be up than 100 % of the mesh scale (Overlaping set to -0.5 look’s like one mesh in two); At this time, if overlapping is set to -0.5, it stretch the mesh on Y axis locally. so that’s not really cool
Scale_and_SpaceInBetween_Weird.jpg

here without the Overlap setting.

here the Deph value change a lot the way your mesh is inside or outside of the Surface shape. But the random Mesh insert still didn’t work here.
IMM_Overlap.gif

So the question are there:

How to lock the proportion for the curve size mode in all the 3 axis ?
How to add more space between copy than 50 % of the mesh insert and without changing his own proportion ?
How to add a random mesh copy in this curve ? Cause i got 8 different subtool in this Multi Mesh Insert, and i want to spread them out randomly on this line.

Attachments

Scale_and_SpaceInBetween_Weird.jpg

no answer ?
please make your own !