Sorry this took so long, I sort of got sidetracked and then the post got popped over here…
Ok, um… lemmy see…
Mostly its just normal IMM brush stuff only using FiberMesh…
So for example if you want to make a feather boa type thing you would do something like this:
- Make a sphere.
- Turn on Edit Mode
- Hit the Make PolyMesh3D button in the Tool Pallet.
- Turn on FiberMesh.
- Kill Gravity (meaning set it to zero).
- Lower the number of fibers.
- raise the Coverage till you have a sort of spiky ball thingy (It should be like a little PomPom, don't worry if its a bit sparse, density is the least of your problems).
- Hit Accept.
- In the SubTool Pallet delete the sphere.
- Hit the Frame button to center your lovely new puffy thing.
- In the Brush Pallet hit the Create InsertMesh button, and then hit New when the little window asks what you want to do.
- Dock the Stroke Pallet, you are going to need it and do the same with the Brush Pallet, you will want that to perhaps.
- Make a new object to test your brush on, anything will do.
- Turn on Edit Mode.
- Hit the Make PolyMesh3D button in the Tool Pallet so you can sculpt.
- In the Stroke Pallet under Curve turn on Curve Mode.
- Draw out a curve on your object.
- If it seems spread out (very very likely) adjust Curve Step to 0.1 and click on your curve. It should tighten up a lot, if its too much try 0.2 and so on.
- You should now have something like a feather boa on your object.
- If you are using RedWax, PolyPaint the ends black and POOF! Instant Woolly Bear Catapiller!
Here is an example:
SkdzinesFiberPoofBrush.zip (52.5 KB)
And this is what it looks like:
If you instead of using a sphere use masks to generate your fibers you can do a LOT MORE.
Also play with things like Weld Points and Stretch in the Modifiers Sub Pallet in the Brush Menu.
If you make a bunch of these and append them into one brush you can use a bunch of different fibers in the same curve and it looks MUCH more random, its also very fun to play with the Curve Modifier pallet to change things like size and so on.
Sorry this took me so long, Im a bit of an airhead but there not much air at the moment, its been displaced by ZBrush and caffeine.
MealeaSkdzinesFiberPoofBrush.zip (52.5 KB)