ZBrushCentral

Presenting ZBrush 4R7 (Updated with Summit Recaps)

Well I thought it was GPU based, too. But the website says pure CPU.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rendering_(computer_graphics[)](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rendering_(computer_graphics) :wink:

@Drainix

Eh, I’m 30. I’m used to crippling, hope-crushing, dream-ruining, self-mutilation-inducing, entire-year-destroying, Jesus-god-Zeus-Thor-Quetzalcoatl-and-any-other-possible-gods-out-there-please-end-my-suffering grade disappointment by now.

I’ll download the KS trial and see how nicely it plays with my completely !@#$%^&*crap CPU that can barely even handle Zbrush properly because I built my computer around a GTX 780 specifically for the purpose of GPU rendering… Returns to rocking back and forth in the corner

Yeah at 39 I know that feeling :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And I REALLY wonder when I’ll get a app that utilized both of my FireGLs in the nMP…

Blender will use the GPU, just sayin.

@Doug Jones

“Blender will use the GPU, just sayin.”

Blender Cycles GPU is kinda ummm… well…it sufficesbarely. I feel bad complaining because it is free and I do use it fairly often but it’s really not all that competent as a GPU renderer. They haven’t even implemented SSS yet. Fireflies, inefficiencies, lighting-issues, no SSS… eh. I mean… like I said, it suffices but I would leap at the chance for a better option (which is why I’m considering buying Octane).

Ultimately, I was hoping for a good GPU rendering option to use directly in Zbrush so that I don’t have to bounce between so many programs. I DO NOT like Zbrush’s lighting and rendering system. I find it to be obtuse and finagley. This KS-bridge thing seemed like a dream come true. It’s basically plug-n-play lighting and rendering which is perfect for my needs. It wasn’t exactly what I wanted but pretty !@#$%^&ing close. Then of course, as usual, something seemed too good to be true and surprise, it turned out just so. Shocker.

Don’t mind me. I’ll just be over here bitterly seething with impotent rage in the corner. Seethe seethe

Keyshot is awesome, fairly simple to get some amazing renders. With added ability to send over your texture to keyshot that is going to make this a great workflow.

“Keyshot is awesome, fairly simple to get some amazing renders. With added ability to send over your texture to keyshot that is going to make this a great workflow.”

Yeah but how long will renders take on, say… an i5core? That’s my big concern. That’s why I so adore GPU rendering. It’s SO FAST! Rendering on the CPU tends to take a while. :\ I mean… unless you have a spaceship CPU.

Yeah GPU is awesome. I have been using Video Copilot’s Element 3D and it’s just so refreshing to have the speed and beauty without all that waiting around.

Awesome stuff. Really appreciate the ongoing FREE support/updates. Especially loving the 64bit shift that’s about to come.
What I’d love to see sooner or later is an overhaul of the painting system - layers like photoshop with masking. And a way to paint diffuse, specularity, gloss and metal textures in a WYSIWYG-style for use in PBR environments (aka: modern games).

Great features in the horizon,
I’m looking forward to all of the tools you devs have been working on :slight_smile:

curious tho…
will there be other bridges as well? e.x. zbrush - octane bridge?

anywho props to all of you @pixo :slight_smile:

Cheers,
~Tung ô¿ô

Amazing to have such a collaboration between ZBrush and Keyshot , really wish to have GPU render engine in zbrush with advanced lights and accurate texturing system . :+1:

I just want to say the summit was great. I was like a kid at Christmas, waiting at 4.00am on the first day to find out the new features of 4R7. I’ve watched the older videos for siggraph and the background noise drowns out what’s being said. Look forward to news on the release date.

“Will there be other bridges.”

I would throw down my life savings, my soul, my first born son, and my left leg for a Zbrush bridge with a GPU renderer like Octane or V-ray.

My life-destroying sob disappointment about KS not being a GPU renderer aside, I am thrilled about the new hard-surface modeling tools. Hopefully, sooner or later, we’ll also see better texturing options and more support for 3D printing.

Was anything said about how hair transfers and renders in Keyshot? Never got fibers exported into Shade3d…

Thank you, that was great. Wow, someone mentioned TRUESPACE. Holy smokes, that is digging into the ‘WAY BACK’ machine some time-:smiley:

@Dragon I still have it installed and working, don’t use too often but it is another option. Spent 1000’s of hours modeling for fun in that SW. :wink:

One of the presentations showed FiberMesh being transferred to and rendered in KeyShot. It did not require converting to geometry or anything.

Any hints as to when it will be released?

Actually i think that so far zbrush is used for many many things, but is especially valid for concepts and designs…and so feels more natural to me a bridge to something like Keyshot rather than, say, Vray. Because Vray or Octane are rendering engines suited for archiviz. Its true that Zbrush r7 will have some modelling and instances tools, but i don’t see as a complete tool for archiviz and i dont think Pixologic intended to make the app become such a tool.
There are other programs better suited for archiviz and able to exploit better that render engine, maybe also used together with zbrush too, but i see more natural and logic a workflow like Zbrush +3D program + Vray.