ZBrushCentral

Presenting ZBrush 4R7 (Updated with Summit Recaps)

Incredible stuff. Thanks Pixologic!

Low Poly Features i wished everytime i open Zbrush. :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:
I saw it and i was speechless i cant wait and im realy happy about that. And in the end Keyshot my wife is going to kill me. Those are thrilling moments seeing this pearl of software growing better and better.

Thank you !!!

Thank you for sharing session captures - it was hard to watch because of time difference… did anyone happen to capture following sessions:

DAY1 / August 8
Section Studios / Gary Sookdeo, Justin Lewers, Justin Fields
Section Studios Interview

Elastic / Max Ulichney
Elastic Interview

DAY2 / August 9
Disney Animation Studios / Zack Petroc, Shaun Absher, Alena Wooten, Dylan Ekren
Disney Animation Studios Interview

Passion / Alex Huguet
Passion Interview

Ubisoft / Ed Hardison, Jason Mark
Ubisoft Interview

DAY3 / August 10
Josh Herman
Josh Herman Interview

thank you Paul and Joseph and the whole team and artists for showing us all that goodness and gnomon for the location.
it was so, so much better than siggraph (so noisy and bright)!
it was better than the occasional zbrush usergroup meeting because it was 3 DAYS!
And the streaming was a cool addition, sometime better than on location because I could rewind to check out something or pause for nature breaks.
And 4R7 looks amazing (come on! tell me I can duplicate while rotating an object like you can in translation! come ooooonnnn!! Joseph! this is killing me :stuck_out_tongue:

I learned a new hand signal…lol but I agree with what someone else just said…I expected to be kinda bored but it was amazing seeing how all the different techniques that where demonstrated by each individual from a vast array of countries. it was very interactive as well the chat got a little weird which I could not participate because I refuse twitter. but it was awesome…i didn’t realize siggraph started today so think they’ll release toward end of week maybe. anyhow I’m looking very forward as I learn the system getting a new version at this stage and wonder if the 64 bit will really change the program. I guess it will increase the poly limit base on how much ram you have…well it’s just going to be awesome. and even though I watched the conf online I’m still very glad it was available to me.

regards,
preecher

@ jawa64 - Thanks for posting the Disney vids!! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:)

@Preacher

I think 64 bit should help a lot with the stability of the program. Most crashes I get are due to insufficient memory errors, although i have 20 gigs of ram with a cache file of 30 gigs. Can’t wair for the update. Did they say anything about the release date?

Might someone please explain to me exactly what the deal with keyshot is going to be? I’ve heard some conflicting information. Once source claimed that by upgrading to Zbrush 4R7 AND spending the 250$ for KS, you would be getting full access to the actual KS program in all its GPU rendering glory. Another source claimed that you would already have to own KS AND on top of that, purchase the 250$ bridge. Another source seeeeeeemed to be claiming that the 250$ would buy you limited access to a non-standalone version of KS.

Which is it? Do I have to already own KS or not? Full functionality or not? I’m a little befuddled.

@BJPentecost

Taken from page one of this thread:

Q: What is “KeyShot for ZBrush”?
A: KeyShot for ZBrush will be the latest KeyShot version, designed to work exclusively with the “ZBrush to KeyShot” bridge. Both will be available concurrently with the release of ZBrush 4R7 and available at an introduction price of USD 249.

Q: If I already have KeyShot, can I get the ZBrush to KeyShot Bridge by itself?
A: Yes. The price for the Bridge by itself will be announced at a later date.

Q: Is “KeyShot for ZBrush” a full version of KeyShot?
A: YES! This special edition has all of KeyShot’s features but is designed to work exclusively with the “ZBrush to KeyShot Bridge”. (“KeyShot for ZBrush” is equivalent to KeyShot HD without the importers).

The presentations will be available later to see again? :smiley:

Seems like every time I turn around I am thanking you guys for yet another spectacular update. Every new version of ZBrush brings with it the most incredibly useful features and every one of those updates have been free of charge for as long as I can remember. I enjoyed the summit and was amazed by what I saw.

So once again, thanks for another thrilling iteration of software that has changed the way we work and think.

Chris

It seems I will need to learn KeyShot because I am totally going to buy the Keyshot Bridge. And I would appreciate Tutorials about that subject from KeyShot users.

I feel very happy to be present in the evolution of the gem!
Outstanding update!

@Swampghost

“Taken from page one of this thread: …”

I read page one of the thread but I wasn’t sure because I heard other things from other places.

I’m sorry but I just want to be absolutely 100,000,000% clear so I’m not cripplingly disappointed when this doesn’t go how I thought it would: The 250$ will net me the Zbrush-KS bridge AND access to a KS program designed to work exclusively with Zbrush. So essentially, for the low, low price of 250$, I get:

1.) KS that works only with Zbrush.
2.) A bridge that enables the aforementioned.

I want to make absolutely sure this is what’s what because… well, I’m a little bit in shock really. This is a dream come true for me… literally. I mean actually literally. I have been hoping and dreaming and desperately wanting for Zbrush to integrate GPU rendering for years now. When I heard about this, I teared up, no joke. This is… possibly the greatest thing to happen to my artistic career since discovering Zbrush in the first place. But I can’t let myself get my hopes up. I need to know this is how it is. If someone comes along and tells me “Nope. You have to pay ten MEEEEELLION dollars for ZB-KS,” I think I will just… die. I will die on the spot, in my chair, clutching my Waccom pen in hand, and it will be mightily capital F-ing sad.

Very excited to make my first post after seeing the summit vids on youtube! Can’t wait to use the new version even though I’m still getting my head around the current version haha Exciting times ahead, hope the wait isn’t too long.

One caveat, Pentecost: It’s the HD version of Keyshot, not pro, meaning the largest image you can get out of it is 4.1 megapixels. That’s a deal breaker for some people, as it kind of makes it only good for preview renders or rendering for web or whatever, and kind of worthless for any printable image much larger than a postcard (apologies if I’m explaining something you already know).

For my purposes I actually think I can get around that problem, so I’m not too worried. But I hope I didn’t burst your bubble or anything…:frowning: I’m fairly ecstatic myself. Actually, I’d probably still be pretty thrilled even without the Keyshot stuff!

Thank you, SwampGhost. :slight_smile:

4.1 mp would roughly be 2k by 2k pixels right? That is kinda disappointing. I mean… 2k by 2k isn’t… terrible… but… Ehhhhh. It would be nice if they could add a few more megapixels. :\ I wonder if there is any chance they will up the resolution on that. Just give me another 2 megapixels and I will be soo sooo happy. My life will be complete. T__T

Edit: Actually, looking at images that are 2k by 2k… it’s really not that bad. I don’t know how you can say “size of a post card.” I’m looking through my own art gallery and most of my images are posted under that size and you still see a lot of detail. I don’t want to get in trouble for linking back to my DA page for example images but 2k by 2k actually seems decently large… well… 2k by 2k is decently large for my purposes anyway. I paint over the renders for illustration purposes. More megapixles would be nice but I think maybe perhaps perchance possibly, this might be worth the cost.

Hi guys,

I lost this one!!! :angry:small_orange_diamond:angry:small_orange_diamond:angry: ³
I have a question. Do we have now a 3Dconnexions plugin inside ZBrush integrated?

Hope so! Cheers.

Well have to put a little stopper at your happiness - Keyshot is NOT GPU based but CPU based…

@Drainix

Wait… I’ve used Keyshot… I thought it was GPU based? T_____T I used it before. I remember being told I needed a !@#$%^&*-good graphics card specifically BECAUSE it was a GPU renderer. Google Oh my god… just kill me now. I’m going to go cry and rock back and forth in the corner. It never fails. Every time. Every single time.