ZBrushCentral

Presenting ZBrush 4R7 (Updated with Summit Recaps)

[HR][/HR]would also love to see a recap of any new features revealed today…

CyberSpawn2100
This is what caught my eye on Day 2 Demo

They showed off more of the bridge functionality like they did making those tread like features on that table thingy. This time on the same plane he selected a circular hole and briged it to L-Shaped cutout and it created a arch to both openings.

Also showed off what I think they called Nano Particles. Basically Insert Mesh on Steroids. He created a simple box model bridge and gave all the sides their own polygroup, then open up a new panel for the Nano Particles and put a rock Insert Mesh onto the Bridge, which at default puts a Insert Mesh onto each polygon face. Then went to the panel and adjusted the settings, which there are alot of settings to play with, including Randomization, Offset, Rotation. By the end of it he had a stone bridge with wood planks across it. Cool thing about it is the particles are instances of the Insert mesh, so its all editable, you can even go in and edit the insert mesh itself. You can even edit the underlying mesh and the particles will update. It was Cool.

Day 2 video

really agree with what eye of hawk said. The low poly tools are nice, but people have been asking for better retopo and better texturing solutions for a long time now. I appreciate the free updates I really do, but a real auto retopo (that works better and on hard surfaces) would be a game changer. Many of us just want a quicker pipeline to game engines.

Cool! Can’t wait it!!!

found it on youtube

I am attending (http://new.livestream.com/pixologic/zbrushsummit2014) by live stream and when i saw new features and after that they said it will be free i jumped on my bed and say YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :slight_smile:

Thumbs UPP CHEERSSS Thank you pixologic Again you gave as another revolution, Bye Bye others 3D tools now :slight_smile:

Eye of Hawk wrote:

Fantastic new low-poly modeling tools and great to see integration with keyshot - with keyshot I am guessing those were not the best examples of possibilities of keyshot - I am certain you could do better :), at least I hope you can.

Yes it can do much better. For instance the glass on the coffee pot could have shown thickness and refraction. Even a beginner at Keyshot can produce decent renders quickly. Here is a Goldwing bike model I did and then rendered in Keyshot a couple of years ago: It was my first day to use Keyshot (version 3.3 I think):

7120_261555_300000000.jpg7120_241909_010000000.jpg

Others here will be able to post up much better Keyshot renders than mine.

Hello everyone! I have a doubt about pricing (I don’t know if this is the correct place to ask about it):

Will the owners of Zbrush 4R7 have to pay full price for the update to Zbrush 5 once it is available?

Thank you very much!

There have been no annoucements about ZBrush 5, only that ZBrush 4R7 will be the last intermediate update.

sweeeet!!

And if we have to pay them, it’s been like since Zbrush 3.0 for me. I’d scrape up the cash. What Pixologic has done with the free upgrades is unprecedented in my experience. Thank you to the gang at Pixologic for all your hard work over the years. It is most definitely appreciated.

So they gonna archive the videos or what ?
Was mid watching and the feed ended.

We are planning to put videos up after the event. However, there is a lot of footage to go through and it’s all HD so it will likely take some time. We can’t promise a time frame on any of it.

Hey guys, maybe a OT but do you plan to make a archive of Zbrush Summit videos? Unfortunately I missed everything yesterday, so would be cool to have a option to watch it later. What do you think?

We are planning to put videos up after the event. However, there is a lot of footage to go through and it’s all HD so it will likely take some time. We can’t promise a time frame on any of it.

You guys should really do that, but not like from the last event in like 3 months span ;D
It was fun seeing some of the guys work live, if i didnt fell asleep and had to catch it up i would see it all.

Gratz for every one & pixologic

Except that’s not glass. It’s a fairly dull plastic. It’s rendered fairly accurately to the actual material – it’s slightly shinier than the actual object in my kitchen, though I would be willing to chalk that up to lighting differences and wear from frequent use. Also, that’s a coffee grinder, not a coffee pot.

So correct me if I am wrong, is that dynamic subdivision with creasing a new implementation of the old system? Can we transfer those creases over to a software like Maya to then use OpenSubdiv? That would be pretty kick ass. :sunglasses:

jimm wrote:

Will the owners of Zbrush 4R7 have to pay full price for the update to Zbrush 5 once it is available?

Personally I’m taking one step at a time and not thinking about ZB5 until it happens. It’s all 4r7 now and that will keep us learning for a while.