ZBrushCentral

Poker Master

sorry for the vulgar title, but i have no other words for this yet,

superb texturing and sculpting, he is the poker master ,you seem to be the texture master:)

Thats fantastic man,love his expression,and camera angle is great too

Nice render.

Some crits would be that the poker chips are pretty flat they should have more variance to them. The glass looks more like plastic than it does actual glass. And his sleeve looks a bit odd where it is rolled up. It doesn’t look like its made of the same material, it seems thicker.

Character is great though.

If I had any very minor crit, it would be that, although still very good, the clothing is not quite up to the standard of the rest of the piece. (Easy for me to say!)

I wonder if you sculpted the clothes in Maya, or used ZBrush? There are some remarkable examples of clothing modeled entirely in ZBrush. Check out, for example:

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=64988&highlight=Gregory+Callahan

Very best wishes, and Thanks for sharing.

Great model! You’ve managed to capture a living creature, which is really hard.

Hats off to you :wink:

great detailing :slight_smile:

really great. :+1:

For the chips i used the ones that I saw in Paul Newman´s film: “The sting”. Maybe they are so simple, but i liked that chips :slight_smile:

I tried to made the glass the more realistic as possible, but it´s very difficult to adjust soo many sliders, and many factors affects the shader. I know that maybe the result is not 100% OK, but it works for me.

And for the cloth… you are right. It was a real challenge for me. I know that the result is not 100% OK, but I think that is due to the texture/ shading, more than for the modelling. In the “rolled up” part it has the texture more white and maybe it gives that effect, and maybe with a more complex shader inside maya, I don´t know…

But I didn´t spent more time in that things, I had to finish this some day and start with other things :slight_smile:

Thanks for the crits, I know they are constructive :+1:PokerChips.jpg

Spimmy, there are nothing special with the cigar.Its more a texture work that a modelling work.
The geometry is the one that you can see in the first post. It uses 3 textures, one for the color, one for bump and one for shininess.
I had to made some photos to a cigar that i had in home…

A really outstanding piece of work! :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

impressive work, well done :+1:

Wow, this is so wonderful! Love the final render! :+1: :+1:

really really great. Inspiring work.

WoW
Great work and amazing render! :+1:
Excellent!
Congrats!

Absolutely amazing. I love smug look he has i hope he wins it all :lol:

Awesome piece well deserved top row. Do you explaining how you achieve the fabric in the cloth. Cheers

just brutal, I can not say anything more

so incredibly well done!
funny idea, great execution!!

Stunning! well done! so much detail.:smiley:

Congrats on top row! :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: !