ZBrushCentral

Poker Master

very great work. textures very nice is paint or image.lighting very cool.:smiley:

e nice work man,

can you tell me how you managed to use the hair and fur modifier on such a high poly model?
when i try this my 3ds max crashes due to insuffient computerpower,
even though i have a 2.6ghz quad core with geforce 9400+ 4 gb RAM…
any tips???

tnx

It’s fantansitc,amazing!The texture and maps are detailed,reslistic!
I wonder why there are some aquatic-organism-skin-like belts on the clothes in the CasimaTexture?
Wish I express clearly to you,friend.

Im a total noob here and I dont mean any disrespect because your work is WAY over my head, It looks like he just took a drag off the cigar and I was woundering if you could put little wisps of smoke near his nostals and or mouth.
Peace,
Hex

On second thought i think Im wrong.:confused:
Peace,
Hex

Great Job,
Love the arm/hand that’s holding his cards

Thanks all for that great comments, it really makes me happy :slight_smile:

I used a standard fabric pattern and repeated all over the texture (taking care of the direction of the cloth). For the details, I take some photos of one sleeve and added them to the texture in photoshop.

Texture is a combination of images and Zbrush polypainting. And many layer work in photoshop

I made rendered this image in some layers, and then composed all in photoshop. It would be impossible for me too to render all at a time.
Fur is rendered in some layers also, one for the ears fur, other for the sleeve fur, other for the noses fur, other for…
And finally I merged all in photoshop using screen blending mode.

That images are only texturing tests. I found that shader (ToyPlastic)the best for testing textures in Zbrush viewport

Yes, I thought about it, that would be an extra touch. But I thought that was going to be one challenge more, so I finally forgot that idea. :slight_smile:

Thanks¡

I love all of the fine little subtleties, like the fine peach-fuzz on his ears and even on the shirt. Also the light coming through the skin of his ear really sells it as a real creature. Thanks for setting the bar to the level we should all aspire to.

Thanks,man!I got a new knowledge point!

WoW!! Big image… :+1:

Wow, amazing detail with the skin, body hair, and fabric! The way the skin folds and wrinkles is extremely lifelike. Amazing job, I really like his poker face too.

nice work keep going,I liked your render :+1:

amazing render

Just wanted to thank you for letting me know about the cigar, and to let you know again that it is really great work mate!! :+1: :+1: :slight_smile:

i dont think words of mere appiciation and admiration can do justice to such a master piece …i hav no word to describe the level of perfection …so all i am going to do is stare it for atleast an hr before i close this page really good work:+1:

Thanks all, I really appreciate the comments.

Some images more:

Maya screenshot

A view of the shader of the head in Maya/hypershade:

100% crops of the Hires version:

![MayaScreenshot1.jpg|1100x890](upload://gC13FRGhbzWkqXXi42MwEEo8mAj.jpeg)![MayaShaderCabeza.jpg|992x762](upload://3VnmAOlWIqqXa8k00QrV5xVkKVO.jpeg)![Crops.jpg|542x1074](upload://Al7zHb52QMuvPSo74e1y9tIypr.jpeg)

Attachments

MayaScreenshot1.jpg

In my opinion it is just amazing :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Too bad the learning curve for Maya is so steep. I tried it and it was just too technical for me. I need modeling to be as easy as Zbrush. For an artist working with a digital piece of clay just seems more natural. I guess for Maya you really need the left and right sides of your brain to work in it effectively. I took a Maya class up in Toronto a few years ago, at the Alias headquarters and they tried to show everything the program could do in five days. They covered modeling in a day and then jumped right into animation and lighting very quickly. In my opinion, you can have all the effects and animation and lighting in the world but if the model you’re starting with looks like a turd it’s just going to look like a polished turd when you’re done. You have to have a great model to start with…Which you definitely do here. I love all of the little hairs on his ears, in his nose, etc.

Amazing. This discourages me… take that as a complement. lol

John Malkevich anyone?