ZBrushCentral

Omars sketches

The BIg Guy going great! But why you cover his biggest trump :stuck_out_tongue:

And the last sketch is very cool and it’s great to see how you sculpted it :+1:

Hey, thanks Nebular. Yeah, I need to do something better for the Ogre in terms of clothing/armor. Guess I just got sick of that project for the time being.

I worked on a new bust after seeing The Hobbit. I wanted to make a very evil looking Orc and I think I did pretty good.

I got most of it in a time lapse, but cut out the detail phase since it was long and drawn out. Comments always welcome! :slight_smile:

[youtubehd]JsGIoZMsdLw[/youtubehd]

Orc-Color-crop.jpg
Orc-gray-crop.jpg

the Orc is great and thx for the video

Hey, glad you like it LVXIFER. :slight_smile:

Your work is amazing!

your orc is very good, i like the detail of the mouth :slight_smile:

Thank you Tarum. That was my favorite part as well. :slight_smile:

Same, I like the shader on the tounge and the teeth.

Thanks recorgasm. Its amazing how versatile the toy plastic shader is with just a few tweeks here and there.

I’m starting on a new project and I hope to learn a lot from it. I plan to model an ecorche over the next month. Sometimes I feel anatomy is my worst enemy, so I need to make a real
effort and start learning.

So far I’ve blocked in the skeleton with some good old box modeling, no Zbrush just yet. Just trying to make sure my proportions are good before I go forward! For now I’m starting on the
vertabrae and then I’ll move on to the skull.

Any comments and crits are most welcome, I’ll need all the help I can get.

Great job! Love the simplicity and proportions!

Thanks robinalien. Just tried to keep it as simple as possible so I wouldnt get lost! Working on detailed versions of the vertabrae now… ugh. Not as easy as I thought it would be.
But its a good learning experience.

Slowly making progress. As soon as I wrap up the skull and spinal column, I’ll move on to the hips. I’m definitely learning a lot from this project!

Any crits are welcome.

@Omar - “anatomy is the enemy” I totally agree. I started on my female base mesh with similar goals. Ecorche is probably the most inclusive way to learn. You’re going to get the names of all of the muscles as you continue to block this in.
I downloaded some books on anatomy for artists, and although it has helped me with the forms, I still haven’t memorized the Latin.

This is incredibly tedious work though. Looking good so far!

slight crit, you’re going to need to work on the skull a little

Top of the nasal bone looks like it is sticking out too violently, it should be sloping down a little more.

I have no idea about the vertebrae. Of course you have ryan kingslien’s anatomy project for reference as well.

Yeah, tedious is right! I feel I should have done one of these long ago, but its a slow process.

I will tone down the nasal bone a bit. I think my issue is that I’m jumping back and forth from one piece of reference to the next. Some of the skulls I looked at had a nasal bone that
sticks out even further! :lol: But you’re right though, it seems to be the exception rather than the norm. Thanks for the feedback, its always appreciated.

Unfortunately Ryans male and female ecorches dont really go into much detail on the vertebrae, but they’ve still been a massive help so far. I know I’ll be constantly referencing them when I
start working in the muscles. I also bought a 1/3 scale figure from AnatomyTools.com last year. I have all the tools I need, just need to put in the work!

Hopefully I should have a good update by the end of the week.

Looks like I found another place to keep coming back for more inspiration to work harder.
Your works are amazing, I’m even more impressed you mentioned you don’t have background in traditional art.

Hey, thanks Marcus_Mon, thats very kind of you. :slight_smile:

I’m trying to play catch up with traditional stuff! :lol: Playing with clay, or sketching here and there. Not as much as I probably should though.

I’ve been following a lot of different artists this past year trying to pick up whatever tips I can and hopefully improve my work. Its been slow, but the progress is there.

Thanks again for stopping by!

This guy AGAIN. Sorry. :lol:

First he was a personal project, then a game character for class and now hopefully he’ll be a 3d print for a friend in town.

[youtubehd]y5ovOJVuSsk&hd=1[/youtubehd]

And a slight update on the anatomy study. I’m happy to say I’m learning a lot from it! Just need to keep pushing.

That Ogre is awesome! Really love it.

:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Thanks Eric! Its been a fun ongoing project.

Good to see progress on your anatomy.