ZBrushCentral

new metal materials

Thank you!

thank you very much for sharing the mats and lights…jantim, meats and darth…very kewl pics…very convincing…I will try these out tonight for sure…very ultra kewlies work you guys have shown on this thread.:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

ron
catfishmn@aol.com

haha Meats you should turn that picture into a newsclipping photo about some rare unearthed find…future setting. Dateline earth…today a science team from Jupiter was digging in what was once known as philadelphia and were amazed to uncover …:smiley:

A very fun mat…didnt get as good of results as the others but I am probably doing something wrong…I definitely want to play around more with it…thank you…here is the result of my playing…used it on a head model to get that helmet feel…
ron
catfishmn@aol.com

Conjoined Weirdness

![ConjoinedWeirdness1Jcomp.jpg|686x904](upload://nXrUlw2ZzRFOd21f2Ye2ZbaRkPh.jpeg)

Have you a special process to find and make a new material?
Or just some moves of random research cursors ?

Thx by advance :sunglasses:
Pilou

ha ha, I think, his unhappy wife must cook it first:sunglasses: :sunglasses: :lol:

wow, that’s awesome :+1: many thanks :wink:

Again thanks for your reactions , dear Zbrushers :+1: …and for your renderings using the materials…now i’m just waiting to see the rendering that made Bas so many Euro’s…if only i had known …:wink:
To answer some questions : Ron : I render at 1280 -960 , set my sample at 8
and antialiasing at 1 or 2…in using the material you can’t do anything wrong , i think…but perhaps in using more models that are angular and my “snake-oil” :"the black fog "…you can make an image more interesting !
Frenchy : The only material i set out to make was the bronze-material, the wood-material was an happy accident using the noise-curve …settings…the rest is just a variation on the bronze -cavity shader-, and the wood - noise curve tweaking…but it is a lot of work to get it right !..the look of a material is also influenced by the size of the image and the settings for supersample and antialiasing…and using a surface-bump image is often a bad idea …it can make the image look flat !

in this material i use a surface bump image to control the amount of color\paint in the material in S4…and the color of the material in the cavity-color modifier in S3…there is some noise in the material but you can use bigger texture-maps in the color modifiers of the material .

jantimmetaal01.jpgyellow tarnish2.zip (133 KB)

Nothing but agree with earlier speakers. Great materials and thanks for sharing man :+1:

Respect! …thats all I can say.

Cheers

El-d

:smiley: Very nice thanks… this will come to use sometime :+1:

Thx for the explanations! :sunglasses:
So now anybody, even beginners can make crazzy materials :slight_smile:
Just explore the funny cursor’s regulates :smiley:
You have shown the way ! :+1:
Pilou

Amazing! Thank you. Awesome renders, too.

So great !!! Thank you! :smiley:

I think tahat jantin will go to heven :]

Thanks Jantim!!!I’ll your materials find very useful for my actual WIP.

If you wanna look at it here’s the link.(You’ll don’t find nothing metallic for now but something coming soon maybe…).

IN THE WILD LANDS

Thanks thanks thanks one more time.
MattHHH :sunglasses:

Announcement:

I’m pleased to annouce that Jantim has agreed to let me host all of his materials in one place over at my site. This should make it easier for everyone to download any they are missing etc… There’s still a couple missing (as far as I am aware), one will be up later today, and Jantim’s said he’s going to redo his bronze material. As such I’ll wait till he’s got that up before putting it on the site.

Registrations required, but it’s free, easy and really just to help counter spam and hotlinking (thus stealing bandwidth) from my site. If anyone is aware of any I’ve missed let me know and I’ll be sure to add them.

http://www.dashdotslash.net/photogallery/categories.php?cat_id=32

I hope this helps.

Wayne…

…more work for you, Wayne …:wink:

jantim

Actually the gallery system I use for the resources section of my sites pretty good and does a lot of stuff automatically. So long as I have the time I don’t mind. Hopefully it’s a useful resource for people.

Wayne…

Thank you DarthWayne and Jantim*****