Howdy Mytholon,

Your work is quite imaginative! Nice stuff. In regards to your latest posts,
have you changed the journey to be one of mountains rather than the
pseudo-city path? If so, I’d have to say that I prefer your original sketch
concept…I like the perspective more, as well as the “squashed” environment
that the buildings bring to the composition. It adds tension, almost as if
anything may jump out towards the poor fool. Also, there’s just plain more
theatre going on, and I think of it as a dangerous cirque-type environment
where one never can predict what may happen.

Kind regards, :slight_smile:

rookie-z

edit P.S. I had a feeling you’d choose the final comp, as it was your most
“developed” :wink:

Best wishes with the contest :+1:

Thank you for your comments people!

Strannik: Thanks, I’ll nee all the luck I can get considering some amazing competition I have to face

rookie-Z: There is no deviation from the sketch. The landscape is the lower right quarter of my sketch. The buildings begin where the slope of the mountain ends

DanRoberts: Thank you kind sir

javalabala: Glad you like the sketch. More and more people tell me that they liked that one. Only now it is too late…

3ddude: Thank you

Frenchy Pilou: I was anxiously awaiting for this thread’s slogan from you pilou :wink:

mestela: Glad to be of help

vlad74: Thank you

mathieu77: Just be carefull. This stuff is addictive!

…isn’t it ? :lol:

I was anxiously awaiting for this thread’s slogan from you

Good luck! Your work is fabulous!
:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:
Lemo

At this rate, you should be able to get two or three of your concepts fully rendered before deadline!

This is the final model and process for the Fool character of my image. i made him younger looking and more compatible to the theme of the classic Tarot cards.
I have included the process of making him and posing him, as some of you fellow Zbrushers might find this walkthrough helpful.

[](javascript:zb_insimg(‘29290’,‘FoolFinalA.jpg’,1,0))

[](javascript:zb_insimg(‘29291’,‘FoolFinalC.jpg’,1,0))

[](javascript:zb_insimg(‘29292’,‘FoolFinalB.jpg’,1,0))FoolFinalA.jpgFoolFinalC.jpgFoolFinalB.jpg

So, now I have my main character (the fool), missing his texturing. I have an idea about the landscape and about the buildings of Tarot World. I also have a draft of the secondary character, the Mage (also known as juggler).

It is time then to begin creating the other 20 Tarot characters/themes, that I plan to incorporate in this image.
Since those characters are for enriching the background, they will not be as detailed, and hopefully they will be fast to create. This is the character of card #12, the hanged man. If you look at the sketch, he is hanging above the scene.
He was roughly modeled with Zspheres, Unified Skinned and materialiZed (that means that I rendered a couple of materials on him), in about 20 min. Then I worked on him with 2.5D tools for his final look.

[](javascript:zb_insimg(‘29420’,‘HangedMan12.jpg’,1,0))zbcimage2.jpg

Mytholon, this overall project is full of exciting and wonderful pieces! Great work. :wink:

wow- any one of the seperate elements is a work of art in it’s own right- the end result should be awsome

Lets try a character from a primitive…

[](javascript:zb_insimg(‘29456’,‘Devil15B.jpg’,1,0))Devil15B.jpg

Another of my 22 Major Arcana Tarot card characters. 18 more to go…

Devil15.jpg

…becoming! :sunglasses:

Every piece is looking wonderful. The final will have to be huge to contain
everything so it is viewable…MAGIC!

David

and the magic will appear :lol:

Watching you work is such a source of inspiration. I really like watching you get better at sculpting with each piece you create. Also a big personal thanks to you for getting me to use unified skinning for modeling my hands…:smiley:

Dickie

[](javascript:zb_insimg(‘29476’,‘EmperorCard4B.jpg’,1,0))EmperorCard4B.jpg

17 cards to go…

[](javascript:zb_insimg(‘29478’,‘EmperorCard4.jpg’,1,0))EmperorCard4.jpg

Keep it up man. Love it.

Hi Mytho,
You are really kicking ass on this one, really cool to see your project going so well. I wanted to thank u for pointing me out Aurick s tutorial but ı am having some troubles with the last part of this tutorial (’‘Activate the preview again and export that cage. Your displacement and texture maps will wrap just fine onto it (provided you remember to flip them vertically, of course. :))’’ )my texture is not falling back into place. Can you detail a bit more how to do it?
I am staying within Zbrush do I need to do a displacement map?
thanks for all the answers.
Mathieu