ZBrushCentral

My Journey Begins Here

Thank you for your comments. This is version 01 for the mage. Only the front is modeled, since the back is hidden in my final image.

Jason, thanks. Your thread helped a lot!.

[](javascript:zb_insimg(‘28666’,‘Mage_v01.jpg’,1,0))Mage_v01.jpg

Slow down M you’re putting me to shame…

Excellent work BTW…

original characters, I like it!

This is a first take on the landscape part. It is by no means the last.

![zbcimage.jpg|822x628](upload://9lvJsPjAyRji3BgVzcopnK8mtya.jpeg)![LandDraft-thumb.jpg|639x456](upload://7ndSvz3Q4mKT86KwzQADto61mRj.jpeg)

Mytholon dude, this stuff is awesome! :wink:

I like the landscape, is it all done in zbrush?

WOW! I really like your entry. Very creative. Can’t wait to see more.

Jason, thank you!

JR, yes of course it is ZBrush, even the smudging for the water. Like I said in the biggining, I will use ZB for everything, except for the final compositing.

The mountain and river are great ! I love them ! Great stuff Myth !

beautiful mountains!

normally I can work out how most effects are achieved in zbrush, but I can’t work out how you got such nice stylised rocky textures, nor the lovely lighting and fog falloff. Its all so beautiful and painterly.

I hate asking ‘how’d you do it’, but… erm… how’d you do it? :wink:

-matt

Thank you all for your comments!

Mestela, check out this thread, where the process is described.
It is just Alpha deformation on a plane.
Then the plane is repeated twice in the image and each instance is placed on the canvas using Global Perspective.
When the objects are placed like that, the Fog option in Render menu works real nice.
Then I used Smudge and Highlighter II brush to work out the river. This two brushes work miracle on place objects (check out this older thread of mine, for a ZScript on the use of those two). I also used the Colorize brush to tint orange the distant parts of the landscape.
A very importand step as to the final look is that I used the Adjustments, under the Render menu.

This is a draft on the look and feel of the buildings and decoration of the Tarot world. It is mostly a modeling draft, as I have yet to incoporate some of the Tarot symbols on the constructions. The draft also shows some experimentation on material shaders (Jantim, thank you so much for your amazing information ragarding materials).

BuildingsDraft.jpg

Hi Mytholon
I am very interested in your thread because I am thinking about entering the context with the same approach as yours ‘‘everything Zbrush’’.
I have a question to ask you about your character, you have modeled him in standart straight position ready to be rigged and a few pics later he has change position. I would like to know how do you achieve the ‘‘rig mimic’’ in Zbrush?
Thank you very much and keep with the awsome job that you are accomplishing.
Mathieu

Mathieu:the pseudo-rigging is achieved through the ZSphere construction. Jason Belec helped me out a lot with this. This is his thread on the subject (it is a lot of reading but worth it) Check it out HERE!
But if you are not into reading a research composed by hundreds of posts, check out this brief process, posted by aurick, here.

cool myth thanks a lot ı am gonna try.

Mathieu

You have been producing really good stuff man. Keep up the great work.

Thanks for the explaination, much appreciated!

-matt

…push the limit of Zb :sunglasses:
All in Zb is the task! Cool challenge inside the challenge :+1:
Bravo!
Pilou

I love your stuff.

Sketches are awesome. Can’t wait to see this : )

nice landascapes, the best is the first scketch, simple and amazing

Very Cool Stuff :slight_smile: :+1: :+1: