ZBrushCentral

My Journey Begins Here

This Kicks Arse!!!

This is the coolest idea for the challenge. I keep checking to see what you’ve done.

Thank you people!

Matthew: You don’t need those last steps if you are staying in ZBrush.
As for your texture, every time you switch to ZSpheres and then back to the mesh preview, you have to lower the geometry (not the density) down to level 1 and then press GUV tiles again. The texture should fall into place, and you can raise the geometry once again.

If you create a displacement alpha (like I did for the Fool character), then you can use that alpha as a texture on your model and you press GUV tiles to make it fall into place.

The drawback with using a displacement in ZBrush, is that you cannot combine it with another colored texture. So it is either colors and shading for texture, or displacement (I think…)
The benefit is that it allows you to stay in lower densities wher it is easier to pose.

Once my challenge entry is done, I 'll make a tutorial walkthrough on this.

Thanks Mytho for such a quick answer. I wish you the best of luck.

Mathieu

Since I am commited to do the whole image using ZBrush (except for compositing), I might as well experiment with various aproaches to modeling. Here is another process:

[](javascript:zb_insimg(‘29599’,‘MoonCard18B.jpg’,1,0))MoonCard18B.jpg

And here is one more card. Much more to follow…

[](javascript:zb_insimg(‘29600’,‘MoonCard18.jpg’,1,0))MoonCard18.jpg

Awesome! :wink:

hi mytholon,
I see you made a great progress on your project.
Would you mind telling me the detail prosess to creat a 3d object from a alpha? it looks very interesting.
thanks in advance!!

Mytholon, it’s a real pleasure to watch this, inspirational stuff.

The drawback with using a displacement in ZBrush, is that you cannot combine it with another colored texture. So it is either colors and shading for texture, or displacement (I think…)

Noooo. Displacement is cued by the alpha, applying a texture will let you paint color in projection master so you can have your cake and eat it too.

Where have I been during this thread? This is just awesome… sketching, modeling… wow… thanks for sharing how you are doing this. Just amazing! Now I can’t wait to see the final-put-together image!! I’ll probably have to stare at it for hours to look at all the details… fantastic!!

Wenna: Thank you! I hope to make this image intriguing but not overly complex, despite the fact that it will have all of this staff in it.

Antimorph: Yes! I hoped someone was going to say this:

Displacement is cued by the alpha, applying a texture will let you paint color in projection master so you can have your cake and eat it too.
I did not know that you could displace the model directly and only from the Alpha. You use the Apply Disp Map button for this? I am going to check it out again.

souwanaplay: Thanks! This specific post is especially created for you! The Zscripts bellow will show you how I make 3D from alpha.

Jason: Thank you for all your encouraging comments from the start.

So I am working on my Sun Card today, and since it was requested I have included Zscripts showing the process of arriving at my basic shape for my character. Some things to keep in mind:

1. When I create Alphas, I do them 512 X 512. But in the case of this Zscript I didn’t, because I have noticed that when you change document size while recording, the change is not being recorded. If I had created the Alpha in square dimentions, I wouldn’t have to scale it afterwords.

2. When playing the Zscript, you probably have to turn on the Show Actions button under the Zscript menu, otherwise they may not play correctly (I don’t know why though…)

3. When the first Zscript is done, please save the Ztool that is generated, because the second Zscript will ask you to load it (this is how bad I am at recording Zscripts).

I hope those are helpful to your creative adventures with ZB! :sunglasses:

SunPre.jpgSunBasicShape.zip (26.7 KB)

Wow, thanks a million Mytholon, you are very kind and I appreciate very much. I hope everybody is like you then the world will be a much better place!!
keep the good work and happy zbrushing!

p.s. I just had a look at the zscript. I have no idea you can make a 3d object from alpha by click make3d, that’s how crap I am at zbrush.:lol:
thanks again Mytholon, it will certainly help me speed my modeling process a lot!!

Mytholon this project is truely awesome, this should be top row just for the amount of work you’ve put in & they should give you another row all to yourself as there’s so much…

Excellent work…

I cant say Im crazy about the models or the idea but theres one thing that makes me post here. I am waiting eagerly for the day Ill know Zbrush as well as you, the day when an idea coming to my mind can turn to reality, when it will become the tool for making concepts real. I envy you and Ill keep on learning until Ill be able to do that. Another thing is that for some strange reason I have this damn cerebral fix that Zbrush should be the only tool I use, partly because I think there are almost infinite possibilities within this tool, mainly because I don`t know any others. The exclusive use of Zbrush is the reason I follow this thread, I wait for the evolution of it.

Another card is done. Here are 3 views and 3 materials for it:

SunCard1.jpg

SunCard2.jpg

[](javascript:zb_insimg(‘29666’,‘SunCard3.jpg’,1,0))SunCard3.jpg

very very cool, or hot, you get my drift, i love the face, and colors.

Man you should make that sun into a physical product. It would sell like hotcakes.

This is probably the darkest character - card in my image. I was in a delima making it, since I don’t think Death is to be percieved as an absolute negative thing, since it is not only an ending but also a beggining (or so i would like to think). But in the end, I decided to keep it more compatible with the classic illustrations of the Tarot deck (which shows an armored skeleton).

Always trying for a variety of modeling techniques, I decided to sculpt this from a Plane3D.

DeathCard13.jpg

[](javascript:zb_insimg(‘30251’,‘Charriot.jpg’,1,0))

After a bit of time with no update (too much work), here is the model of one more card of the deck: the Chariot.

I took some liberties on the the representation of this card, because according to my sketch, the Fool will have to ride this “chariot”, balancing on a wire, suspended high above the landscape of the Tarot world.

For this model, I created several parts, and then combined them with Marker Master.Charriot.jpg