ZBrushCentral

imagine - enthuse - inspire (step by step Pg. 9)

0040 d - Among the Stars Alien Races: Humareen

HUMAREEN sketch to final.jpg

Attachments

HUMAREEN sketch to final.jpg

I just got a copy of my AtS Miniatures which I sculpted a few months back :slight_smile: You can see some of them on Page3 of this thread.
These were initialy sculpted for 3D printing (very few design restrictions). But then, after a very succesful Kickstarter campaign, it was decided that plastic injection would be the cost effective solution. So I had to alter the sculpts to make them compatible to the many restrictions associated with a two-piece mold for plastic injection.

Alien Races Miniatures2.jpg

Alien Races Miniatures.jpg

MINIATURE PACK 1.jpg

Attachments

Alien Races Miniatures.jpg

Alien Races Miniatures2.jpg

Here is the comparison between the model for 3D print and the tweeked model for Plastic Injection Molding.

MINIREEN_massProduction.jpg

IMG_3473.jpg

0040 e - Among the Stars Alien Races: Sissaurian

SISSAURIAN ketch to final.jpg

Attachments

SISSAURIAN ketch to final.jpg

0041 Among the Stars Miniature Pack

I created this image as box cover for the miniature pack I posted above. I used the Zbrush sculptures for this, rendered them each in Zbrush, and then overpainted them. Then I composed them in Photoshop.

Cover.jpg

process image.jpg

Alliance Races.jpg

Congratulations on a marvelous-looking product.

I am constantly in awe of the work I see on this forum.

Thank you very much for sharing all of this. I really enjoy you work!

~MAH~

042 Construction Accident

Artwork for the Among the Stars universe.
Zbrush for sculpting and bashing all together and rendering.
Photoshop for explosion effect.

008-AMONG-the-STARS_905.jpg

043 Project ELITE: Alien Creature Miniatures

These are some of the alien creatures I created for the real-time, miniature boardgame Project:ELITE.
The miniatures are created for mass production using plastic injection moulding.
The moulding process puts many constraints on the scultping and posing of the miniature, because the metal moulds are inflexible.
Undercuts result in straight lined surfaces, so they have to be avoided.
Also, the model must have a definite parting line dividing it into the two surfaces of the mould.

ALIENS 001.jpg

ALIENS 002.jpg

Sculpting the models under these severe limitations was a great learning experience.
To be able to sculpt them, I needed a way to preview the undercuts and parting line as I worked. I found two ways to do that in Zbrush.
Although these are quick and dirty methods, the result was accurate enough when the technical director imported the models in Freeform 3D.
Of course I would absolutely love it if Zbrush includes some tools/previewing for this kind of work in the future!

But for now, here are my two quick and dirty methods of previewing parting surfaces and undercuts in Zbrush.
I have also included the matcap I used. I hope you find it useful :slight_smile:

PARTING LINE 1.jpg

PARTING LINE 2.jpg

PARTING LINE.zip (188 KB)PARTING LINE.zip (188 KB)PARTING LINE thump.jpg

really nice minis

VERY useful. I’ve been dealing with this issue for years. Never considered either of these solutions.

044 Project ELITE: Player Characters Minis

These are some of the player character minis I created for the real-time, miniature boardgame Project:ELITE.
All modeling, sculpting and bashing done in ZBrush, and exported directly for preparing plasting injection moulds

CHARACTERS ELITE.jpg

Attachments

CHARACTERS ELITE.jpg

045 Murderous Necromancer
Artwork for the card game EPIC by White Wizard Games.
Sketching, sculpting, bashing and rendering done in ZBrush. Paintover in PS

MURDEROUS NECROMANCER.jpg

MURDEROUS NECROMANCER BD.jpg

wow! What a visual delight. thanks for sharing

046 Project ELITE: Alien Minis
Minis of alien characters for the realtime, miniatures boardgame Project: ELITE.
Modelng, sculpting, bashing, in Zbrush.
Created for plastic injection moulding production.

ALIENS 003.jpg

047 Golden Dragon

Artwork for the card game EPIC by White Wizard Games.
Sketching, sculpting, bashing and rendering done in ZBrush. Paintover in PS

Golden Dragon.jpg

047 Project ELITE: Alien Minis

Minis of alien characters for the realtime, miniatures boardgame Project: ELITE.
Modelng, sculpting, bashing, in Zbrush.
Created for plastic injection moulding production.

ALIENS 004.jpg

048 Wurm Hatchling

Wurm Hatchling: Card artwork for the game EPIC by White Wizard Games.
Sculpted, modeled and bashed together in Zbruish. Render in Zbrush. Paint over in PS.

WURM HATCHLING.jpg

049 Ambush

Ambush: artwork for the game EPIC by White Wizard Games.
Mostly 3D bashed together in Zbrush. I also speed-sculpted over existing 3D assets to exagerate their form. Render in Zbrush. Paintover in PS.

AMBUSH.jpg

Mytholon : you are -really- productive with so many good artwork in so little time. You have 4 hands and two brains working at the same time ? :slight_smile: