ZBrushCentral

Fresh Stuff

Here is an update to the Razor Sculpt. Still working on this version which is a bit different than page one. Faster looking with a shark feel. Have a good look and let me know what you think. I’ll be posting reqular updates for him and some new shots of Mr. Dimples as I change the materials and set him into a background. CC are welcome.
razor_03 copy.jpg

looks good, I love the stridations down the neck. Really cool.

1 Like

The Razor Sculpt model looks great I like the concept alot :slight_smile: keep it up, hope to see more

1 Like

Damn. His looking cool. I love it. I hope you give him a body.

1 Like

nice, hate to see one of those coming towards me. Just my opnion but I think the lower jaw coud be a little bit wider. I was just going on the entire shark things though. Can’t wait to see how he ends up :slight_smile:

Regards,

Will

1 Like

nice sculpting and forms as alvays ;]

1 Like

I dig that razor guy alot :slight_smile:

~Brian

1 Like

kyphur, thanks very much, still lots to go…glad you like it.

x-titan, this is one of my favorites as well I have other characters going with similer traits.

brettSinclair, I’ll post a concept of the body for you, but I havent made this bust with one, I’ll have to sculpt it up seperately and merge the two some how.

Longsight, I’ve been playing with the scale of things around the mouth to get the jaw to look right still some work to do in that area for sure.
slocik thanks, I’m glad you like it.
Mr.Monster, thanks, your work is kick a** as well.

This razor guy is just awesome.
His strong neck muscles really emphasise the weight and power of that razor nose.

1 Like

Thanks everyone. Here is an updated sculpt with the jaw shut and worked on a bit. Still alot to do, let me know what you think.
razor_04 copy.jpg

Damn I really love that design…
Frekin cool…:+1:
5 Stars for me…

1 Like

Can be easily a peach fruit of Cezanne! :cool:

1 Like

Thanks, Sebcesoir, i’m glad you like it, i had a look at your work as well, the bust i’v seen are amazing!.. I got to get this guy to that level.

Frenchy Pilou, like your abstract work as well. Thanks for checking this out.

Here is a shot of the detail modeling going on now. Got a few more to add to the other side and then its on to textures for this guy. Most of the details are with new alpha’s and projection master and then adding some mass and weight to them with the simple brush. Will be making new material, and textures for him and then into a scene, comments and crits are always welcome.
[attach=52186]razor_05 copy.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

razor_05 copy.jpg

just thought i’d say i really like your work. nothing to crit, its just a pleasure to view. inspiring also.

keep it up

1 Like

Well these are the final details complete. Onto textures tomorrow… but first I must sleep… the sleep of the undead…enjoy.
razor_06 copy.jpg

Looking forward to the texturing - really original monster you have there!!

1 Like

i dont like the skin details, they make all the previous skulpting disappear:/
I liked the previous forms and i cant see them now :confused: Meybe the skin details are to big, i dont know :confused:
Anyway since its the same model, after you do the texture, i would like to see it also on the jaw open version of him, without those small details ;]

1 Like

Steve-T, thanks very much, I want to be as origianl as i’m able, Its at once the most appealing challanges and the most difficult thing to achieve with a creature, and still have it feel real, without being so out there that its lost the ability to project a feeling or history.

slocik, thanks for your perspective, I took a good look at the design after I read your comments, and I can see your point. some of the fine forms are lost. I guess its always going to be a ballanceing act as to how thick a skin I put over the anatomy, and how much of it I want to show. There will be several of these guys in a scene, each one wil be different ages different levels of grit and history, I’m sure there will be one in there that grabs you. Thanks again.

This is my first material, with the new textures tests for the Razor, hope you all like it…
material & texture test.jpg