Franz_WIP

I love this concept bro!!!

Cool! Go on, man!

Hey you’re back!
i’ve watched your youtube video of your graphic novel render about 50 times
trying to figure out you’re tricks
got some similar results to your Raiden_ink matcap
so thanks for the video

Thanks for the comments hehe!Yes Im back BlackMath and This time its for more comic book renders created in zbrush and finished in photoshop, And i’m going to show the entire process and even some updates about the technique! Even for people o cant draw but can sculp I actually sort of found a way to draw in photoshop details from a zbrush sculp to have an Ink effect close to the traditional inking process!

Here is some of my tests that im working (in a model that I have made 2 years ago)

This is the inking finished from a zbrush render
ink.jpg

And this is the final Illustration with some details added with photoshop
BPR_BLACK&WHITEv.jpg

Soon I will be posting a video about the process! ;D cheers

Yeah man, it looks great. I was looking for this render effect but couldn’t find the right settings.
Can’t wait for the vid. The paint over look awesome - no 3d sign at all.

thanks nebula! And here is a screenshot from the 3d sculpt

Capture.JPG

Cool! The ink does look more refined.
Looking forward to the new video!

Raiden, I am a big fan of your work and inkrenders in general. Very nice cooncept art on the female character. Really looking forward to more of your art and any tips you can share :slight_smile:

Hey Raiden, man I don’t know how you Guy’s / Gal’s in this forum knock out work like this…
It is truly Amazing,
all the best to you
Lou

Here is the video showing the process, its not a step by step tutorial its more a timelapse video, but dont worry As soon as I progress in the creation of the comic and sculp I am going to create some video tutorials, me explaining in detail how you can get the comic look effect in zbrush in diferent ways and diferent materials! This video its just a little sneek peak of what you can do with zbrush and photoshop mixing the 3d world with the 2d! Hope you like it!
http://youtu.be/QTTk6ujcrJc

Very cool! Can’t wait to see the video finished!

thanks nebular!Iam creating a sc fi version of this guy and In the way I record the process to make some tutorials!Soon I will be releasing the blog and videos about this comic book project!

hey whats up? so Here is some of the progress that ive made about rendering in zbrush and photoshop for comics

from 2012 version to 2015
TEST_INK002.jpg

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

TEST_INK.jpg

Breakdown002.jpg

TEST_INK_adjust.jpg

To download the resources click in the link bellow
http://dgsketch.com/zbrpsd-tocomics/

TUTORIAL FOR THE SHADING TECHNIQUE:
https://gumroad.com/l/ieZW

Attachments

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

TEST_INK002.jpg

Breakdown002.jpg

TEST_INK_adjust.jpg

great,

Really nice workflow. thnx 4 sharing:D

That’s fantastic. Look really 2d. But is sculpting in zbrush quicker than drawing?

WOW!!! Bravo!

nice Thanks for the comments I hope it will help!

Nebular: Its ot quicker than drawing but its nice to use for other things then comics :slight_smile:

The result is great but, obviously, don’t worth it…

well it worth it in if you want to use the model not only for comics, for instance here I use the zbrush model as a reference for the drawing and light setup! and its saves me time to make the flat colors :slight_smile: