ZBrushCentral

Draw Size/Focal Shift hotkey plugin for ZB3 - Updated 5/9/07

Thanks for the comments & ideas guys. :slight_smile:

Adjusting the display to the actual Draw size is probably possible but a nasty bit of coding because the length varies with the window width. However, I have a version working with the cursor displayed (and hold down hotkey action), though it’s not as smooth as I would like. I will post it when I’ve tested it a bit more.

I have to agree with other people loving more the Hold-Down method. I think is much more fluid and now as it is this plugin is just like Zbrush 3 one…click / press Key and drag…I think it should more interactive…

So it would be better, in my opinion, to use an hold-down key to set the size and of course have a circle indicating the size…i know is a bit more work…but take your time and put it off !!

we all are waiting for ya !

thank you for your script

knowy

cool m8y, and then I would marri you LOL LOL:sunglasses:small_orange_diamond:+1:

-cheerZZZ-

OK guys, it’s updated - see first post. :slight_smile:

Updates:

*Now hold down hotkey to adjust, release hotkey to continue painting/sculpting.
*Realtime cursor update as well as NoteBar display (actual size for Draw size).
*No need to draw on the canvas while adjusting.

Hope you like it,

thanks Marcus :slight_smile:

this update doesnt work on my wacom cintiq 21ux though,the toggle one works.this works on the keyboard.

Hmmm for some reason “realttime cursor update” doesn’t work for me.The cursor just keeps changing from normal one (that cross) to the arrow with Z under it constantly.And I’ve got to say that I liked the previuos design better,with bigger notebar that fades depending on the amount,and holding mouse button while adjusting works a lot smoother for me.

EDIT:damn,I forgot to backup the previous version. Hey,Marcus,any chance you can put it up here again?

thomasphoenix, I’m afraid I can’t test it on a cintiq. Sorry it doesn’t work.

mr.BananaS, the cursor will only show when it is over the model, though perhaps this will vary with different displays. :frowning: I’ve uploaded the old version for you.

It deson’t work whether the cursor is over a model or the canvas.Oh well…
Thanks for the old version :wink:

its the same on intuos3 also.

Nevermind,I love the previous version.Thanks a lot for it!

works like a gem for me Marcus!

This is a huge update for me, basically the same as it was in zb2 with your old script! Perfect! I am now back to full sculpting capability thanks to you! You are God among men :smiley:

Is “Key pressed” the only event you can catch ?

Thanks for your work anyway.

Edit : Forgot to say it would be nice to let us customize the shortcuts ! :slight_smile:
And I would also be interested to see the source of your script, if you’re ok to share it. Thanks, whatever you do.

Great. This one really helps to stay in the flow.

One thing: Can I somehow turn off the flickering which appears when pressing and holding “S” ?

I think it has to do something with zbrush repeatedly calling the script when pressing “S”

Never mind. Read your note about flicker.

Yeah, you answered your own question really. If you find it too annoying try the old version.

Ovocean,
The keypress is not ‘caught’, the hotkey calls the script repeatedly. Unfortunately it’s not possible in zscripting to monitor the interface from within a looped action for anything other than a mouse click. That’s basically how the ‘old version’ works. This version calls the script repeatedly.

Customizing the shortcuts will be possible when the Hotkey Editor is released for ZBrush 3, though for this script a modifier key combination (such as SHIFT + S) won’t work because they only register once when held down.

Thanks for the plug this lets me have a closer feel to how i had mudbox setup. yeah would be nice without the flickering i agree. thanks again marcus!

I like the plug-in but there really needs to be a way to show the Brush size even when you’re not hovering over the model. I’m trying to use it while working on a leg and it’s very awkward to see the brush size and then have it dissapear while resizing…

Thanks for the comments. :slight_smile:

The actual Brush size should also appear (as a white line and value) in the NoteBar, top left of the UI. Owing to a display bug in ZB3, sometimes this can disappear if the Menus are all showing. If this is the case for you, try hiding the Menus.

Another sweet script from the High Priest of Ancient Scribes :slight_smile:

Thanks again Marcus, this is very useful indeed.

Hi Marcus. Now im just guessing that ZB2 scripts dont work with ZB3. So do you remember this post and could you reproduce one for ZB3?
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?p=304333#post304333

I tried this script but what i dont like about it is the flickering (the cursor almost turns invisible). Also if the mouse isnt complety still when you press the button, theres a small delay. And the old version doesnt have a realtime cursor update plus you must draw on the canvas.

I like the way the ZB2 one worked, kind of like youve pressed the hotkey to change size AND alredy clicked and held the bar. so you only need to move mouse sideways and then realease button.

Thanks.

It works fine for me…