ZBrushCentral

Draw Size/Focal Shift hotkey plugin for ZB3 - Updated 5/9/07

j.C.can you share your express key setup with me?

Thanks for the comments. :slight_smile:

If I could have used the same code for ZB3 then I would have done. I don’t like the flicker either - it’s due to a display issue with ZBrush, not the code, and seems to affect some people worse than others.

Hi, thomas…

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood your post. So, the problem you’re having is when you assign the hotkeys for this plugin to your Cintiq express keys? I haven’t actually tried that yet. To be honest, I find the express keys pretty limiting, so I don’t use them very often. I usually use my Belkin Nostromo n52 speedpad when I’m not using my keyboard, but I haven’t had a chance to try this script out with my n52 yet.

P.S. Maybe express keys don’t support the action of holding down a button…?

This is almost like sticky keys in XSI!!! Faaaaaaaaaaaaantastic step in the right direction man. Hopefully this will be integrated throughout app as it is VERY intuitive. The only thing is the flicker is just unbearable for me so going to stick with the older version which doesnt quite have the same flow but hey, you can only do what you can do right!! :frowning: Thanks for making it though Marcus. Keep up the great work man!!!

Thanks wayniac, :slight_smile:
The flicker is a ZB3 display issue which seems to affect some worse than others. (If you try the [ and ] key brush size adjustments you’ll see how the cursor disappears - this is what causes the problem.) I’m hoping that this issue will be sorted in an update.

Cheers,

This script seams to be broken with 3.1. I really hope you can get it resolved. Is there anything I can do?

Assign the hotkeys that you want to use with it using the new hotkey options - you’ll find the buttons in the ZPlugin:Marcus Tools submenu (be sure to store the hotkeys from the Preferences:Hotkey menu). I think it should work OK then, though the display flicker is still present.

Hmm, This gives me an idea about faking a perspective multiplier by linking draw size/intensity with z depth. I wonder if that can be done smoothly (strokes beard).

Sorry to dig up an older thread, but I tried out your plugin Marcus and for the life of me cannot figure out how to remove it now. I deleted the plugin file, uninstalled/reinstalled zbrush, deleted the entire pixologic folder from program files, and still it wont go away. Should I assume it imbeds itself into an in use custome ui’s, and if so how would I extract it?

PolyHertz,
Assuming you installed correctly in the ZStartup/ZPlugs folder, deleting the plugin .zsc file is all that is necessary. The plugins don’t become a permanent part of ZBrush in any way.

Hi hi,… super toy thanx Marcus :smiley:
Works for me all over the screen, no flicker and it even has a wee snap at 0!
Great work.
Would be nice to have the hot keys on the left of the board like the ‘S’. Will be learning to touch type in the meantime.

Thanx again
Chris