ZBrushCentral

Diary of a VSWIP 2: Raguel (Nudity)

Wow… very “gifted” monster… :lol:

Also very good work elarcano :wink:

* Svet_P, thanks man! Really appreciate it :+1:

• Plakkie, good ol’ buddy! I’d really like to see it finish too :smiley: Nice theory on the eyes and ears :wink:

• Sebcesoir, Thanks man! Really good to hear from ya! :+1:

• piz, Indeed, he has huge hands :roll_eyes: By the way, you’re becoming more omnipresent than Aurick!

It’s always cool to hear from you gentlemen :+1: More to come guys.

PS.
I really feel like I should edit the name of the thread so I could add the nudity warning… but can’t :confused:

:lol: :wink:

Hey guys
Is it update time? :grimacing:

I’ve been working on some gear… you know, every angel needs accesories :wink:

Raguel's-Gear.gif

Would have loved to enter the halloween contest… but if you’ve been following this thread you should know by now that I would have known about it like 5 months earlier :smiley:

Take care :+1:

how will he ever pick his nose? hehehe.
awesome work mate!

Wow. somehow i didnt see this till now. Very neat creature, i like what’s going on so far :+1:

Still going I see! :+1:
One thought buddy, if you don’t mind:
don’t give him to much armor and gear: those muscles you made are so interesting to look at that covering it up would be a bit of a shame. Also with those kind of muscles you need to be able to move as a respectable monster. He looks like the kinda guy who doesn’t care about his body being hit. (or likes to show of to the ladies :laughing: )
Don’t know what you are planning, but these are only my thoughts. I’m certain your plan will be great. :sunglasses:

Ola Fidel,

I suppose that my comment isn’t new or particularly smart, but you did an exceptional work on the muscles’ structures!!! :+1: :+1:

Luca

PS

I will keep your images as references for basic muscles’ structure because it can be adapted to any human being!

Fidel, I missed this thread because I’m not used to seeing your nickname (elarcano) and unintentionally skipped over it. You’ve been holding out on me! Everytime I ask you what you are up to, you downplay it. This is wonderful! I remember when you started the retopology on him, but I never got to see the full figure. Very nice, except his “male equipment” is a bit small, don’t you think? I mean, at least make it realistic.

Just kidding, obviously. I really like the details you put into the muscles…the striations and everything. Can’t wait to see more of the uniform, either.

Brian

Hey Guys

• strict9, well… like I’ve said before… good thing he has pointy fingers :wink: Thanks man

• Art-Machine, Thanks for the compliment :+1: Cool things in your site as well!

• Plakkie, buddy! Don’t worry, he wont be all covered up… although as I said a while ago, he will be covered from the waist down… I know… I’ll receive a lot of female monster hate mail :roll_eyes: Your thoughs as well as everyone’s else are very well taken buddy :+1:

• camillo, I really appreciate you (and everyone else) taking the time to post… so it doesn’t need to be “new” or “particuliarly smart”… specially the latter… cause I wouldn’t “get it” :wink:
    I have some reference images that I use, if you need any, just send me your mail :sunglasses:

• Slosh/Slim, believe me, it’s better this way… you’d grow old if you wait for new updates :wink: Thanks for the kind words… although I was contemplating to make his “male equipment” bigger… but I’d have to make his legs shorter due to gravity :laughing: Good to hear from you Brian :+1:

Ok, I’ve been working on the arm armour (that didn’t sound right :confused:)
I’d like to conserve the base mesh structure but with every SubDiv the edges go softer. I’ve different approaches:

A) First approach: On each SubDiv I have tweaked the edges so they would look sharper… as a result, it doesn’t look that clean in higher levels.

B) Second approach: I’ve creased the edges but it doesn’t seem to do much.

C) Third approach: Before SubDiving I store Morph Target and then go to the SubDiv where I stored it and then moving the morph slider between SudDiv’s… this seem to give a better results but not what I’m looking for.

arm_armour.gif

-I know I know… horrible color combo :o-

So! If any one has suggestions, tips, links or credit card numbers it would be appreciated :+1:

Take care

PS.
Thanks to whoever rated this thread :+1: At least I know one was from my mom :laughing:

Make sure you bundle up when you go out.
Will have lunch ready.

Hi,
maybe additional edgeloops close to the edges you want to stay
sharp could help here,don´t know what you’re after though.
Good luck anyway,J.

try doing a unify skin…with a high poly count…comes up with some nice stuff…

hey fidel i really love where this is going and the progression it is showing through each update that is posted it great watching your progress wish you the best fidel.

• bicc39, I almost fell for it… but you failed to use the “sweetheart” term that’s when I realized you weren’t my mother :wink:

• jmeyer, I tried the edge loop close to the edge but had almost the same result. I just want the the armour to be clean sharp edge and with those pointy thingys… Ok, even I got lost with that one :roll_eyes:

• strict9, I tried the unify skin at high res and it really brings up weird stuff :confused:

• troy1617, hey man! it’s been ages since I’ve heard anything from you :+1: Thanks for the very kind words, I really appreciate them :wink:

Ok, nothing so far, so if anyone has some other suggestions I’ll try them out… in the meantime I do more tests :wink:

Take care :+1:

Hey Fidel Big Buddy man! :wink:

Nice demonstration of different techniques. If only Stumpf would elaborate on his mastery of clean 'n crisp edges eh? (understandable, he keeps his secrets close to his chest)
In your example I must say I like version A the most. It approaches your base mesh the most, and it looks quite clean to me… I was thinking. With such a low poly base mesh it must be easy to re-topo it. If you give it denser polycount along the edges they should remain sharper while subdividing? (don’t know if it will work for certain)

:grimacing: Great work and model! :+1: :+1: Is all model making in ZB?

This is way badass. Very cool model. Just one question… why is this beast circumcised? :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey Gang,

• Plakkie/good ol’ buddy, it really isn’t a “technique” lecture, just a few public test, just so someone can avoid the same mistakes I’ve made a long the way :wink: That’s the main reason why I post the process… and I’ve lost my 3D shame a long time ago :smiley:
    Yeah, Ralf Stumpf does incredible model and has such exquisite presentations… he’s a really good artist :+1:
    I tried retoping the edges but ir didn’t make much of a diference… but I’ll give it a another try… thank for sticking around buddy :sunglasses:

• Mr Vinck, yeah, it’s all ZB -really because it’s the only 3D app that I hardy know ;)- ZB 3.1 has almost everything I need for the moment -and for a long time- Really good App :+1: Thanks for the enthusiastic compliments man :wink:

• Seb Castilho, Hahaha looooong story :wink: Thanks a lot :+1:

Doing some more test. I’ll post them as soon as I can…

Take care :sunglasses:

I remember seeing an old version of this long ago–great work! Super clean stuff. :+1: