ZBrushCentral

Diary of a VSWIP 2: Raguel (Nudity)

• Marsyas, thanks man! But not quite as nearly as clean as your Horsey.

Good to have old folks back again ;)… although by the time I post another update the new ones will become the old ones :roll_eyes:

I’ll try to post something later :+1:

Some buddy’s are always old. :wink:

Say, isn’t it time for that update? Show us something new! :smiley:

• Plakkie, See Good ol’ buddy, friends only get better with time :wink: … or was it wine, rum and whisky? :rolleyes:

Updates? Well ok… here goes my rant :smiley:

So I’ve been testing the “arm armour” and the best results were when I Stored Morph Target on the lowest subDiv and then subdivide the model. Go back to the previous level and move the Morph Target Slider a few times until the next subDiv conserves the SubDiv where you stored the Morph Target. I did this with every SubDiv level and storing Morph Target in the penultimate (next to last) SubDiv.
Of course where I wanted it to be sharper I creased the edges. Then I finally tweaked some points… and came to what I was aimming for (Man! Could I have USED any more the words “Morph Target”?!! :rolleyes: )

Here’s the results:

raguels_accesories.gif

The only problem is that in order to delete ragged look I had to delete all previous SubDiv’s and it’ll be a pain in the neck when I want to pose this lil’ fella or modify the “skirt” :confused:

Also, I’m wondering whether is better to model the folds first and then tear the skirt or tear it first -like I did- and then model… the same wondering applies to if I should do this before or after extraction… oh well I’ll have to find out… unless you guys have some insights :rolleyes:

I’m probably doing this the HARD and LONG way… but then again… I’m just a newbee :wink:

Take care :cool:

Attachments

raguels_preview.gif

raguels_preview.gif

Well Fidel, looks like my last post on the sculpting odyssee is very appropriate for your last post down here. :slight_smile:
Armor looks nice and sharp. That cloth is a real good find, as it shows glimpses of those glorious muscles. It looks a bit tight though… How is he going to run/jump? Or is it a tactic: he meets an opponent, and when he comes into action his skirt just rips to shreads while his opponent is nailed to the ground staring at what’s underneath the skirt? :wink: :lol:
About the technical part: I’d shred/extract first and sculpt later. Cutting wholes in a mesh later is really difficult I find, and extract gives those nice rounded edges.
Luckily every LONG and HARD road has taverns with nice old whiskey, rum and wine. :smiley:

• Plakkie, Yeah, the folds were just some test I did to see how it would work if I modeled after ripping the skirt… indeed it looks too tight, good call :wink:

Or is it a tactic…

Man that really made me laugh out loud :laughing:

I’ll post more tests :+1: