ZBrushCentral

Buffalo Challenge

Kotanka’s prize is revealed!

Now making Kotanka known to his people as Kotanka The Indian Slayer (no offence to Medicine) :wink:

For he is free of any misdoings!

He has donated to Zfleamarket!

http://www.houseoftutorials.net/Zfleamarket

For any others.

You to must make sacrifices or else Kotanka will be know by more than one name in this thread.

You have been warned!!!

Kotanka3.jpg

Kotanka will look the other way for the occasional Hot pocket and cherry pop tart. (just a hint)

Professional and warcraftish, well done.

Hi guys,

Just thought I would mention that I will be on travel for a couple of months. I would appreciate it if you could baby sit the site — maybe say boo so that it doesn’t slip too far down the stack. Thanks and happy Zbrushing!

Ooops!

The result of exporting mesh to Blender for a bit of rigging and posing,
then re-importing into base mesh.

I kind of expected this, still these vertex order goofs always make for
interesting models :slight_smile:

G.

Attachments

PaperCraftBison.jpg

Well, even though I can’t re-import from Blender to ZB, I thought I could at
least use the (very) basic rig I did to sketch some poses of the low res
mesh. I wasn’t working from any reference, just messing around.

I sucked those that didn’t look too bad back into ZB and assembled
them into a quick scene. Not much progress, but I’m learning a lot.

I’ll get back to modelling now.:slight_smile: G.

[attach=96312]BisonPoseTest1.jpg[/attach]
[attach=96313]BisonPoseTest2.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

BisonPoseTest1.jpg

BisonPoseTest2.jpg

Hey guys,

I’m back after a long while. I sure loved this thread as well as reading yours. It would be nice to reactivate this thread - what do you think?

Hey, welcome back MedicineHorse7.

I heard you were having ‘ISP issues’?

Must admit. I’ve not done anything on this thread for a while now. I’ll
have to dig out my last file.

G.

Hello everyone,

I have been busy crosslinking this post to several sites. This is a small measure of advertising this site and the followers threads. Feel free to coment and give me suggestions.

My target goal is to establish a presence of those interested in Native 3D art in general. Should you wish I will submit you images that have been submitted as a participant and advertise your work as well.

here is the link to my Blog; http://medicinehorse7.blogspot.com/
and a sample of my 3D work that is found there.

waterbird-vision-1.jpg

Oh by the way the coals, Peyote and sand Altar are all Zbrush, then imported into Bryce as objects.

Hello everyone,

I have been very busy yet am still interested in those that would like to work with this base mesh.

Do what you will with it, all I ask is that you post your models and pics of your designs back here.

With the release of ZB3.5r3 I look forward to some cool features. Enjoy!
base-tri-buffalo.jpg

Attachments

base-tri-buffalo-side.jpg

this looks great I will have a play with this tomorrow night and post my result thanks very much…:smiley:

[[attach=170051]bison.jpg[/attach]]bison.jpg

put a couple of hours into the grey2’s bison6 ztl at level 4 sub div

what a majestic creature this beast is… wonderful form to the bison its forehead is amazing.

I deleted the lowest level so I could post it here but sure it can be reconstructed and the eyes can go up a sud div or two to make them rounder…

using the reference from page two of this thread and the great pic’s from Medicinehorse7

the model is attached here feel free to tuck into it and create I would love to see the results… :slight_smile:

I would love to hear what you think I plan to do more soon!!

earthtriber,

Thanks for the interest. I like your result, I’m going to try several styles, maybe some Art Deco or scuptural architecture styles. And thank you for modifying the mesh.
I need to fix the tail in Maya I missed a spot when I mirrored the model and was merging vertices.

Whats the difference in Poly Verses Tri ? I have always wondered about it. Should I take it back to Maya and Clean up the tri back to straight Polys?

Thanks Medicinehorse7 Tri polys where not working well in Zbrush which is the only 3d program that i use… but that model is great so definitely convert it back to square polys much easier to use…

I just been reworking the eye edge loop could only get a model out at level 3 sub div problems with the mesh projecting on to the new topo… so I salvaged the head and poly grouped the head back on to the old body…

have merged the two tools together but as you can see the neck seem has not joined

[[attach=170062]eye reworking.jpg[/attach]]eye reworking.jpg

I have included the ztl here anyone who can fix it can you explain how to join these lines?

still loads to learn here!

I’ll try and weld the vertices in a bit. I’ll work on the base mesh again and resubmit for further evaluation.

[attach=170090]December-08-2009_1.jpg[/attach]

I welded the Verts and did a little work on the tail and Eye.

I superimposed the model on a Maya Plane and you can use that for comparing anatomy for the mesh enclosed. here is the mesh.

As always please post your reworks here so that we may modify / fix them as necessary. Thanks and enjoy.

Attachments

December-08-2009_1.jpg

December-08-2009_1.jpg

I reduced the Poly count in Maya by 30% and splat the mesh did this when I tried to Smart ReSym in Zbrush the symetry was only 50% what is the story?

[attach=170093]December-08-2009-a_2.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

December-08-2009-a_2.jpg

ouch looks hectic… how do i get mtl file back to ztl?

Here is a better poly base mesh.

I matched to an image plane for reference.

Attachments

December-08-3-2009_3.jpg

Heres a larger image of the mesh.

December-08-3-2009_3.jpg