ZBrushCentral

my god
fantastic job,l love it so much

Great sculpts! Congrats!
Saw the movie two days ago… Amazing!!:+1:

Hi,

Fantastic…awesome…Mind blowing…work… :smiley:

I am very excited to see this movie. :wink:

I saw the movie in 3D at midnight opening day and I have to say that the design work is phenomenal. The story line has been done before (think Dances With Wolves - in space) but the environmental and character design was extraordinary. I just sat back and let it all wash over me.

Kudos to you for playing such an integral role in what will come to define modern film making! And thank you so much for sharing.

Fantastic movie!!!2 hour 40 minutes of pure joy! I could sit for another 2 hours for those visuals… reminds me of all concepts from the fantasy books I own. and so much more!

I am now watching interview with James Cameron here

click on recent interviews on 12/17/09 :smiley:

Amazing stuff, i’m very waiting the time when i can watch the movie.:smiley: :+1: :+1: :+1:

While watching the movie, i was having flash backs from some favorite movies Aliens; Star Wars; King Kong; Animatrix , Final Fantasy , and Dances with Wolves, Tarzan, Miyazaki ,Mobius, John Berkey, Final fantasy games… and more.

Great work man, real inspiration for me, I was actually making an alien girl myself who has some similariities to these characters lol. Just a coincidence thou.

I’m going to watch the movie very soon, cant wait!

Peace.

Fantastic works and the animation technology make them so alive .

Thanks for all the kind words!
I just wanted to say again that it was a group effort on this film and I posted only work that I was involved with. As I sift through the files I have I will post more.

#1 For those who want to see animation wires, I don’t have any! These are all design sculpts, and the wires would have been a mess to deal with. WETA handled all that stuff.
I just happen to be more comfortable designing in sculpture, I have no connection to the animation what so ever ( after seeing it I kinda wish I did!)

#2 The Hair…I comped in photos of the hairstyles that we were designing for the characters, yep! all the hair styles were made as real wigs first in the our studio. I think the reason that the stuff looks so good in 3D is that all the departments made real world props, wardrobe, hair etc. nothing was left to chance.

#3 How did I get such a great job being so green? I was a make-up effects artist for 17 years before I started doing digital. I had practical sculpting and painting skills as well as character and creature design skills. I still only consider 3D one of the parts of what I do, I still try to stay involved in the entire creation process where ever it may lead.

Thanks again
Scott Patton

wow, amazing works!!
could you show me please the wireframe of the main characters…

Wow…just went to see the film and it’s freaking awesome…thank you for this!

lovely stuff :+1: 17 years well spent ! im 20 yrs and still counting!!

Marcus Dublin: Jim Cameron has my left nut encased in lucite on his desk :o
Scott

Amazing work Scott!
Congratulations to you and your crew on another job knocked out of the park!

I havent had the chance too see the film yet but…Im looking forward too it…
Scott your work is just amazing truly awsome…
Lol at left nut…
Thankyou for sharing this…
You would be so proud too apart of such a massive film…Congrats too you and all the team .

amazing work scott.

i’m still digesting what you and all the other folks who worked on this, have done.
really really amazing. i had high expectations and they sure was fulfilled.
thanks for showing us your stuff… sure hope more will follow… wink wink, ian and simon…:slight_smile:

-r

Great Job! Will watch the movie next week. Looking forward to.

This is great. Beautiful character development.

congrats Scott you are… Fantastic.
Also, congratulations for the release of your two wonderful DVDs at Gnomon.

M.Esseili