Artworks & WIP

Hello everyone, Zplaying tonight so 3 quick sketches before going bed
Have you a good night.

DUNGEONS.jpgHand.jpg

Just an alien ship before sleeping…

…and another one still testing new forms

Spaceship_test_lowres.jpg

Hi again!
I’m popping back in to let you know that your work is what got me to make that tutorial, it lit a fire under my… ahem… butt.
Also these last things you are making are exquisite.

I would love to know how you are doing the textures.

Cheers!!
Mealea

2.5D landscape , just another test
hope you all like it, c&c are always welcome
LANDSCAPE TEST.jpg

Texture comes from polypainting first and some post production with photoshop after some renders using different materials, this is the main approach more or less :wink:

I cant possibly criticize this, I love it.

You do the polypainting before the sculpting?
holy cow… I hadn’t thought of that.
Thanks!

Awesome work!!! Did you make alot of the alphas for these? all you pictures are incredible keep up the good work

These are fantastic works! I wonder if you are familiar with GroBoto 3? Seems like those forms could be a good take-off point for your illustrations. Thanks for this thread!

thx to you all my friends…still experimenting (new materials colours and new alphas) before doing something more structured , so another one before going bed
have a good night!!!

man you must be a machine! knocking these out every night. excellant work man…

ahah maybe these are macro pictures of my DNA , anyway thx man…i’m simply find the direction for come up with something really terryfic in the next days and all your support is needed
than i’ll release a tutorial for sure as soon as i have a proper complex artwork to show and explain.

well the same version mixed with something posted before but in greyscale , perhaps is better i don’t know…just playing
landscapegreyscalemix.jpg

This indeed is very interesting. Of course, we’ll all be very happy if you post any kind of tutorial concerning your techniques. :slight_smile:

Inquiring minds want to know. lol.

Another excellent work. I like the greyscale, very cool. Keep’em coming.

Ezra

These experiments are looking Great…:+1:small_orange_diamond:)

I also prefer the greyscale version on that last one posted…I think that ether grey scale, or monochromatic works best for the type of subject…just easier on the eye, and tends to unify the piece as a whole I think.
Anyway keep going…looking forward to seeing lots more…Inspiring works.:+1:small_orange_diamond:)

Glenn

awesome work…I prefer the greyscale version also :slight_smile:
Would love to see a tutorial !
Keep up the good work …

Thx to you all my friends, i agree the greyscale version is absolutely better. Ok it’s time to create something a bit different but still with the same approach.
What i’ve attached here is a work in progress, i’ve created a background just to show a complete image but this creature will be part of a big artwork with a complete different scene, it’s just a detail i’ll add more characters here and there … i want to create something like the masterpiece The Spell by Giger (do you know). Of course the creature is incomplete actually reminds a bit Giger’s Poltergeist.
Hope you like it, comments are always welcome.

The Great Beast (WIP).

TheGreatBeast_wiptest_zb.jpg

Some screenshots with Giger like colours polypainting

Man this is bad ass. Amazing work on the model but the lighting and post is great to. :smiley: