ZBrushCentral

Arnold Schwarzenegger Bodybuilder

WesleyTack: Yeah I did the terminator to.

Frenchy Pilou: yeah I take shots from the viewport.

Some render test to come soon :smiley:

wicked job! Rigging looks pretti good too…u should build hsi buddy franco too :lol:

He is so alive. Perfect job. *****

if you search bodybuilder over 60 on google you can be wonder of many people are in a great shape.
do you remember the old but good hercules of first age, steve reeves?
before an incident that kill him, he was in a perfect wellness also if is over 60…

Thank you very much everybody! It’s very motivating me to finish this project!

Here is some test scanline render just to see better than in the viewport, we can see more the details.

More to come… and animation to come :smiley:montagearnold0az.jpgmontagearnoldskinningcopy8m.jpgrigsetup5mm.jpg

Attachments

montagearnold0az.jpg

montagearnoldskinningcopy8m.jpg

rigsetup5mm.jpg

hey nice model big guns!

i see that u are using CAT muscle in ur rig? how do u find it? is it useful? does it worth it? :slight_smile:

Great images Big Guns ! when more realistic skin textures and other maps will be added he will look perfect !!!

Beautiful piece of work, the deformations are looking great.

arnie

Attachments

arnie.jpg

man your good . .

nice model

Cool model!!! Yeah Arnold is 60…so is Vince Mcmahon! One still lifts, one doesn’t! :grimacing:

I decided to put pics on the thread, more easy to see!

Here is a small video showing a back contraction. I’m wondering if someone is good with biepd in max 8, because I animated de twist bone and the interpolation is so bad between the key… it jag… it make some twist on some frame… I have to key frame , frame by frame… it make no sens.

[color=green]Arnold Video Skinning

Thank’s to watch it! Hope you liked it! Really ore to come with true animation, displacements maps for muscular fibers contractions…montagearnold8vr.jpgmontagearnold0az.jpgmontageskinningarnold2qp.jpgmontagearnoldskinningcopy8m.jpgrigsetup5mm.jpg

Attachments

montagearnold8vr.jpg

montagearnold0az.jpg

montageskinningarnold2qp.jpg

montagearnoldskinningcopy8m.jpg

rigsetup5mm.jpg

[QUOTE=Big guns]Here is the first step in Z-Brush. I’m doing the muscles fibers and after I will do the veins and all the stuff on an other layer. So the rendered version(with mental ray) is just a test, so the veins will be redone. I will also do an animation of displacement maps blending togheter when muscles will contract. So stay tune more to come :wink:

i’m amazed of realism, in past i like a lot arnold and keep it like model for bodybuilding, and see that seems to a young and hard arnold, like in first contest of mr olimpia.
great work.

Here is a video shot, a test of mocap to see how the skinning react.
There is no maps… only displacement maps.

there is a problem with the wait but now it’s perfect.

The only problem I have is that actually I can’t open my.max files… don’t know why… I will try to open it on another computer.

So anyway, there is the video shot :

http://www.jeansimard.com/biggun/test anim126.aviArnold_video.jpg

Awesome! Are you making a small movie of him? Maybe for reference put a ground plane into the animation, or just something in the background so you can separate object movement from camera movement.
Overal the model, muscles and skin are so well made, and the face is just like the young Arni. Maybe you van put him on a motorcycle now he FINALLY has his lycense… :lol:

WOW, how did I not see this thread earlier? This is an amazing project you’ve got going here. I was thinking of doing an Arnold model… something with a bit of a Predator look to it, but now I dont know if Im even gonna bother. I dont think I can top this. That jumping animation is great!

I read through the posts and was looking for more info on what program you used for your base mesh. Very clean topology must say, how basic was your base mesh before taking into zbrush?

Hi there Big Guns :slight_smile:
This is by far the best Arnold model I’ve ever laid my eyes on.
I remember watching this wip-thread you had going for this model at cgtalk, maybe about two years ago? I was very impressed then, and I’m even more impressed now! The likeness is just spot on!, and that last mo-cap test is really nice! A lot of praise here, but I can not really find anything worthy to crit…
You must be one of the most patient 3D-artists out there, since you still keep to do updates on this great model.

:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: Truely staggering work.