ZBrushCentral

Anatomy and render study

Can’t wait. It must be something beautiful!

Thanks Max, it’s going okay but I’m not too great with the hair, so I don’t think it will add much to the image. Eventually though, I’ll have all the time in the world to sink into every little detail and get it right.

I checked out your portfolio. I really liked your carnival characters - especially the textures on the women, and the great polycount on each - and your interior renders are fantastic.

Doing work so I have my computer throwing out small test renders in the background. Hair is hard. It also doesn’t want to render out in dark lighting, it needs quite a bit of Global Ill. to look decent. Was thinking about doing a moody scene but guess that’s out unless I can find a decent solution to that. If anybody knows one…

111.jpg

Worked on the hair.

First one is raw state of the render.

Second one is just something I thought was kind of cool. I was having trouble getting transparency working correctly in the hair, so I made up a couple of ramp textures. I took a vrayhairsampler and mapped distance along the hairs to the V coordinates of the color channel. That way I could tell which directions the hairs were running and how to do the transparency. Anyways, the image turned out very colorful.
new11.jpg
fullcolor.jpg

Half head of hair currently in place:

3332.jpg

Looks awesome Ysalex :slight_smile:

Woww :smiley:
love the skin textures and hair flow
can’t wait to see final image :slight_smile:

Looking amazing! Keep it up~ :smiley:

Worked on this for about 2.5 weeks. 13K tris. He gets changes of clothing, so each piece has to conform to a general size and shape, but I can play around with it. Everything is supposed to be changeable, (hair, eye color, etc.), so his textures are a bit hacky.

Textured shots are from Marmoset, but he’s built for Unity. Sorry about the weirdness on the Maya renders, but after focusing on this guy for 2-3 weeks I was just having some fun doing something other than realtime.

CAM_4.jpg
CAM_3.jpg
CAM_2.jpg
CAM_1.jpg
ADULT_MALE_5.jpg
ADULT_MALE_3.jpg

Wouldn’t let me attach this one to the previous post.

And a rare triple post. This is my start on a new piece.

Spent a night doing look development, playing around mostly with the face.

I totally abused my body basemesh. Other than very minor anatomy changes and new polypaint, it’s pretty much the same model, this was mostly just a focus on the face and attitude of things, see what I liked.

great sculpt

Good work. I like your results.)

Thanks guys.

Switched up the proportions a bit, made her a bit stockier and wider in the hips.

new3.jpg

she is beautiful man, congrats and thank you for sharing

Outstanding work! Thank you for sharing your stuff.

Nice Work man!!! I really love the expression on her face :slight_smile:

Thanks guys, means a lot. Here’s the status update:

Mask out the cloth, extract, zremesher, and you get pretty decent and instant topology to build on. Amazing how it lets you move.

6.jpg

i love the forms. congrats. i followed the continue of your work

She is just amazing man i love all about her !