ZBrushCentral

Alterton sketchbook (update pag.6)

Absolute Impressive! Five Stars from Me. And your traditional Sculpting Rocks as well. Congratulations on the job offer you deserve it.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = “urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office” /><o:p> </o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

Congrats, brother!!!

Your drive and passion are an inspiration.

If this is what you’ve done only at the beginning of getting into this digital thing…it’s scary to think of what we will be seeing in the years to come.
Amazing work.

Cheers, man!:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Super cool man, Love all the story telling. Great attention to detail.

Bad Ass!

when i first saw the first few pics of the sculpts, i personally thought they seem to be lacking quite a deal of gesture and natural silhouette. Frankly, i thought some of the heads and the hands were too small… but seeing and understanding now that this were all supposed to look exactly like their real-life figurine counterparts, i am left bewildered and astonished at the same time. You did a great job with the transition to 3d i must say, but i still like the figurines better.

Congratulations! You really deserve top row status. I think all of your works are very well done.

It must be a fun job sculpting such fun material. I mean, getting to sculpt comic book characters for a living! AWESOME! :sunglasses:

Wonderful work and, above all, great character design!
You’re doing a wonderful job, man!
If i can ask, people that can sculpt this way are higly requested or the market is full?
Is it possible to work from the distance?

Thank you and keep up with those badass characters!

Great sculpting.
I like the art.
Very new concepts. Looks like from some comic characters but I never seen these guys anywhere.
Congrats for toprow.

Cheers

amazing work, mr. alterton.

your spot on the top row is well deserved. really amazing work. and such an impressive amount of details in these… cool.

looking forward to see your next venture in digital…

-r

great work of detail

Aldin Bilalovic
http://www.squaresunstudios.com/

Hi Al!!!

Guess who???

It’s me, Tony. I’m so inspired by your work & progress…not to mention your enthusiasm… that I’ve finally dove head first into this.

Time will tell…

Your an awesome sculptor in whatever medium you use.

Cheers,

T :+1: :+1: :+1:

PS I’m going to pick you brains like CRAZY

Guys, thank you very much to all!!!
Undoz: your materials are great amigo, thank you very much for share them , YOU ROCK!!!
Etcher: awesome tutorials dude, keep them coming! Learnt a lot!!! thank you!!!
Joe. again, thank you for being the catalyst dude!!! and thanks for sharing your artistic knowledge, I’ll be posting the renders I sent you in a while!!! Thanks amigo, a million times!!!
Sefano: if your are talking about working as a traditionally sculptor outside of the US, well, it is pretty difficult because of the distance, some companies have told me “sorry we don’t work with foreigns sculptors” but it is doable, I did it! About the market, well there is a lot of talent, I mean a lot, maybe not that much as I am seeing in the digital area, this seems to be a war zone!!! and there is so much much much talent. just take a look at this forum! But if you can do zbrush models to be printed, I recommend you that, cause as far as this biz is going, everything will be digital at some point in the near future(it is evilution baby)!!!

TONY? THE TONY? MAN!!! LADIES AND GENTS, THIS GUY IS ONE OF THE MOST TALENTED TRADITIONAL SCULPTORS I HAVE MET, HE IS AN IDOL TO ME. Name a material and he can work with it, but not only work, he will make a masterpiece out of dog cr"p!!! His takes on comics, fantasy, animated, portraits is unmatched!!! and now he is learning zbrush!!! YES!!! Good to know you are here amigo, now start showing us mortals, what you can do with this program!!! GO TONY!!!

Again, to all and everyone, thank you very much for the warm welcome!!!
Go Zbrush!!!

that’s great to see all the detail in your wokrs.
thanks for showing.:wink:

Well done Al !!!
Your stuff is amazing. I am glad that you are now part of the Digital Sculpting community. Can’t wait to see what are you going to do next.
Welcome, and keep on rock’n!!!:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Hey Alterton, nice to see another traditional sculptor making the digital transition so successfully.
Your models look fantastic - as always. you have always had an incredible eye for detail - and the incredible patience and drive that it requires.
You gave a link to my old site on sculptorsCorner it’s nice to be able to thank you at last.
I fell in love with ZBrush when I first found it. The sculpting techniques transfer so nicely, I briefly thought ah, this is easy :roll_eyes: I then hit the brickwall that is UV Mapping, rendering and compositing etc etc :lol: never stop learning huh ?
Great to see your new work.
Looking forward to seeing your sketchbook progress.

Kudos and thanks again
simon.

Awsome Job !!!
Where do you get you’re 3dprinting done?

Ok my amigos, here I am again!
Master Gabe!!! The Dark side is taking us all, right? one by one will be infected, one by one will embrace evilution! and I love it!
Simon: there you were man! One day, your site was gone!!! Your traditional stuff is great dude! The Slaine, Spawn, all awesome! Glad to see you working in 3D!!!
Magic: no 3d printing of the warriors, the ones posted are traditonally sculpted I posted to show where the design came from.

Well, here you have some renders from the zbrush figthing warriors models. They were done with zbruh and photoshop.

EDIT: I have changed the images as I think I have finally understood the lighting effects thanks to this awesome post by Chris Moffit http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?t=088393 . Suddenly it was like “Hell, yeah!!!” so i hope you like them. Thanks to the zapplink plugin and the awesome Matcaps from the library!!!

Hope you like them, and thanks again for the support!
Alterton

oraclefightingfinal.jpgpriestfightingfinal.jpg

Attachments

:slight_smile: Utterly stunning work (as expected) I’ve got a long way to go till i get this type of result…

Congrats Alterton :+1:

Jay

Very impressive work and amazing attention for detail! I really dig how you posed all of them!

Happy verts, voxels and sculpts !

Hasan

I really want to love these, the attention to detail of the sculpts is nothing short of awesome, but the texturing and those faux backdrops are letting that down for me.
Poses are great though, and the sculpts are astounding. I’m hoping the rest is WIP or stand-in for now.
If not, and you want some texturing done…