ZBrushCentral

Alterton sketchbook (update pag.6)

MuddPitt: I have 8Gb of Ram running on Vista, but honestly, I use the default mem settings for modeling. Then to screen grab the models for the turarnounds rise the mem to max, reduce the undos to 1, double twice the doc (w 4480, h 3360), and AAHalf once. To not get a slow movement I just hide all subtools except for one, which I used as reference to position the piece, once it is in place unhide all the subtools, saves as, and repeat the process until I have all the views. I did them all in regular render and not using zapplink.
Thanks again all for the comments

Thank you for the info. What is the reason for reducing the undos?

Guys, two new models and illustrations! Batman comic version (previously posted in a single post) and Captain America Bucky Barnes comic version.

Hope you like them!
Keep on zbrushing! Go Zbrush!captainamericaturn.jpgcaptainamerica02.jpgbatmanturn00.jpgbatmanturn001.jpgbatman01.jpg

Attachments

captainamericaturn.jpg

batmanturn00.jpg

batmanturn001.jpg

batman01.jpg

Superb!

:+1:

ZB4 ROCKS!!! IT REALLY ROCKS!!!
When I started using zbrush 3.1 one of the first things I tried was to do workable keys and joints in the models just as I do when doing traditional sculpture for molding and casting reasons. Well, it was almost impossible to do. Then when zb3.5 came out, I tried it again, and it was so frustrating. I wanted to do everything with zb and it was a freaking madness. Well, a few days ago, after watching and watching a million times over and over William Harbottle’s works - check his thread http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?t=90747 he and his wife have been around in the collectible business for a while and they rock! This is their site http://www.waktoys.com/ - I decided to give it a try to zb4. Well, a combination of clip brushes, shadow box, the improved remesh and project all did the trick, and IT WORKED!!!
After giving the action figure mesh a few poses, I realized there are a few corrections to do to allow a fully posable and funtional piece when printed, but trust me, I am so happy this worked!! So freaking happy!!! Pixologic rules!
I want to thank Will for the advices and the help he gave me during this test! You rock dude.
Well enough talking, here are the pics…

BTW, I have another post with a line of pre painted statues that is being release by ARH Studios, you can check the designs and models here http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?t=91895
Thanks for watching
Alterton

af-parts.jpg

Attachments

af-parts.jpg

Hope you will do a tutorial?

Awesome, brother
this is very, very cool.

You may already be doing this but take low res versions into Maya…set the pivots to the centers of the pins and rotate the pieces to do range of motion tests, etc.
This looks great man.

great

Very cool, my friend! You have progressed at an incredible rate!! I hope we get to work on something together soon. I could certainly learn alot from you about rendering in ZBrush. Keep it up!

Will

Hi there amigos zbrushers! Time for an update!
This time I have 3 personal projects and 3 previews of the commercial gigs.
Lets start with the personal! Warriors!!! The winged one is Tiehene the Righteous, and the other two are two oldies (check at the begging of the theread) the Cleric fighting an Aberration from the Passage of the Everlasting Sorrow, and the Vicar kicking some good ol’ zombies asses!!!

For stupidly big images check http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/160/f/4/tiehenne_the_righteous_01_by_alterton-d3igrme.jpg and http://www.deviantart.com/download/212413532/tiehenne_the_righteous_02_by_alterton-d3igrbw.jpg

And then, the commercial stuff.
From mcfarlane toys, Walking Dead Dixon action figure, I can’t take credit for all the figure, I just did the accesories (squirrels, crossbow, etc). And from Pop Culture Shock Toys: Dredd model for a 1/4 scale statue and Mortal Kombat 9 Scorpion printed output, also in 1/4. Once the pieces are officially launched, I will post more pics.

Ok that is all, hope you like them
Keep on creating, keep on zbrushing
Alterton

dixon1.jpgDredd_Teaser216.jpgScorp_Output_A.jpgZBC1.jpg

Attachments

Well done! These are all awesome but that winged warrior is amazing. Great pose and detail!

Now THIS is what I call a “Lunchtime” Top Row thread.

Awesome work, all of it.

:+1:

5 stars.

Exellent work, keep it up!

insane work !!! :+1: :+1: :grimacing:

Thanks a lot guys!
Here you have something different… I am not a cartoonist or a caricaturist, in fact I am not even a portrait kind of guy, I just love fantasy-comic related stuff, but this time I felt like I needed to pay some sort of tribute to those who inspire me, so I did this sketched heads as a start point of something… again, I am not a caricaturist, I used a lot of references from other artists like the Poe bust Mark “too damned good” Newman sculpted a while ago…

Hope you liked them
Altertonicons.jpgZBC1.jpg

Attachments

icons.jpg

Are you kidding me!!! You are amazing and you picked most of my favorites!!! This is awesome!!!

Very good Lucas! :+1:

Great charicatures. Lucas and Speilberg are my faves. Poe is really good too.

Ok my amigos, as promised, here you have the zbrush models from the pieces I did for pop Culture Shock Toys and have been premiered at Sideshowtoys’ booth at San Diego Comic Con
Lets start with Mortal Kombat 9 Scorion, this is a 1/4 scale piece and is the first of the line PCST is releasing

Here the Turnaround

And some pics from the Con (credits to the web)

The secon piece is Randy Queen’s Ariel Darkchylde, it is also a 1/4 statue, it was art directed by Mr. Queen himself and revisted by the talented comic nook artist Keu Cha. The paint masters from both pieces was done by Mike Najera

The Model

The Turnaround

Pics from the Con (credits to the web)

And as I have this crazy posting fever, here you have two more warriors from my Minions story…The first is the Deacon and the second is Drakhan, the Hand of Justice

And finally, a the collection of all Minions so far! Newss about them soon!

Talking about pics intense! Hope you like it.
Altertonthumb.jpg

IMG_1666.jpg5974813164_65b81c5dae_b.jpgimg3904z.jpgIMG_1669.jpgdarkchylde-best.jpgDSC09312Large.jpgsdcc2011_sideshow_miscbig_6.jpgIMG_1653.jpgIMG_1654.jpgIMG_1655.jpgIMG_1657.jpgdeacon-best04.jpgdeacon-best03.jpgdrakhan-best.jpg

Attachments

awesome this thread hasnt been highlighted yet ? top row stuff :roll_eyes:

I can only say this is Amazing!

A W E S O M E ! ! !
Great Sculpts Alberton! I really Love your Works!