ZBrushCentral

Alterton sketchbook (update pag.6)

Totally sick work!
Congrats!

Wow Great Work Alterton… Top row!

Can i ask u a few questions… I have 3 printer and i can produce this kind of stuff… I have stuff to mold it to silicon also but the thing is what material to use for serial production…And how can i get out of the mass of painting lots of sculpts?

And second part is if can succeed to make it, ill have hard time to get the a mixed a sculupt from mold(like 2 ppl fighting, or something with tentacles, wings…)
How should i mold it? by parts? Or another techniqe of molding?

I you help me u save my lıfe!!

And if i can make it we can work with some projects maybe?

Wow and wow again! I am overwhelmed!!! Thanks a lot guys!!!
Joe: I have told it to you before, I am a big, big fan of your work, and you played a very important part for me to do the jump! Thanks a million amigo!
Magdalena: thank you very much, your work is oustanding, I have followed you from your deviantart account.
Mutte: thanks, your Rumble piece is awesome!!!
Silvaticus: wireframes? no way, it is a complete mess, consider I don’t have a game background, I just get into the field and start pushing the polysphere!!! about subtools, the first image of the first post has like 200 subtools and in higher subdivision level is like 50 million polys or so!!! About the Corner, I am glad it got you inspired, that was one of the reasons I created, the other was to pay tribute to those who inspired me (and are inspiring me still). And now it will come the Modern media section!!!
Blazef: each warrior took like 2 days for modeling, a day to paint, one more day to paly with poses, and one day to render it. Just consider these are my own creations, different times would be if they were comssioned or if I had to follow a a third part design
Nickz: man, I remeber you from your traditional sculpting days, you did a feline like warrior statue right? I have no words to thank you for your generosity by giving your ztools for free, I have learnt so much from them, I have studied them, used them as base, you rock dude, thank you very much!!! Thank you.
David: amigo, you are shacking the collectible biz with Idolworkshop dude, your last Colossus bust is great!!!
Nubar: To answer your first question, mass production? China dude, get in touch with a company over there and they will manage all!!! About your second question: interlocking keys. One of the most important factor when sculpting for mass production is how you breakdown your sculpture in parts to be as easy as it can be to be mold. You have to avoid parts that will ripp off the silicon, or will break the piece when released from the mold, take a look to Martin tutorial at the Corner http://www.thesculptorscorner.com/site2/Canale/molding.htm . Also look for Adam Ross mary jane post here in zbrushcentral on how he did an awesome piece in 3d with keys and everything to go directly to the 3d printer and then to be easy to mold and cast.
By the way guys at pixo, it will be great if you can add a “cut mesh” thing to do this kind of keys for printing.
To all, thanks a million again!!!
Go ZBrush!!!

Cool man. I’ve followed your stuff at the Clubhouse for a long time and had no idea you were the guy who made Sculptors Corner. Thanks for that! I’m doing the same transition from traditional to digital, so it’s really cool to see your same characters done in the two different media. Very inspiring. I’m mining your website for the ol’ inspiration folder. LOVE the consistent theme you’ve got goin for your characters.

Awesome work Alter! I’ve been admiring your work since the original clubhouse forums. Your transformer pieces are beyond amazing, most wouldn’t even believe they were done the traditional way :smiley: . I too am making the jump from traditional to digital( so many youtube videos in my bookmarks now ). Keep up the great work man!

HEY Alterton ,any tips on how to create chainmail?Thanks in advance:)

You must have a heck of a PC to render those, the amount of detail is insane :o .

Scrybe: thanks dude!!! The Clubhouse forum, my birth place!!! LOL
Brian20: if you are refering to the chainmail hanging from the belt of one of the characters (The Cleric) I did with it adding ring3Ds over and over, moving and rotating them. If you are talking about the chainmail covering the bodies I accept I did it the hard way, that means by hand column by column, I used standard brush, zsub, dots stroke, alpha 28, lazy mouse, roll activated and played with the laze step and intensity. There is a better and accurate way you can do by using the UVMaster to do UVs that will help you to cover the piece with a perfectly wraped alpha, but you are gonna need to search it here in zbrushcentral as I didn’t used that technique and don’t remeber how it was. Hope this helps!
MuddPitt: I have 8Gb of Ram running on Vista, but honestly, I use the default mem settings for modeling. Then to screen grab the models for the turarnounds rise the mem to max, reduce the undos to 1, double twice the doc (w 4480, h 3360), and AAHalf once. To not get a slow movement I just hide all subtools except for one, which I used as reference to position the piece, once it is in place unhide all the subtools, saves as, and repeat the process until I have all the views. I did them all in regular render and not using zapplink.
Thanks again all for the comments

Very impressive. I seen your work on deviant art and wondered why it wasnt on here. Looks like you been busy. Congrats for the top row

Really nice looking work here! Congrats on top row, too! :+1:

really nice stuff :+1:

Truly incredible work. Thanks for showing us!

lots of awesome characters in here! Thanks for postings all of this, I really enjoyed scrolling through your images.

My favorite has to be that female assassin with the hood on. Really great design, in my opinion.

I really like those fighting poses too.

Great work!

i can not appreciate ur work …coz i dont know how to aprreciate this kind of awesomness in detailing

Congrats on top-row! I`m looking forward to seeing the next awesome models from you.

Awesome work! It’s refreshing to see a traditional approach transposed in this medium. There is so much to learn from both sides.

great works ! also awsome sculpures on your website !!

Masterful work alterton, great to see traditional sculptures jumping into the medium. Thx much for the tips and such very inspirational work.

~t

Wow! Top Row awesomness!!! More, please… :slight_smile: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: !

Amazing work.