ZBrushCentral

A Gift From Pixologic

Big Congratulations Tomas!

Using Sculptris I kept thinking that you must be getting lots of offers. And I also kept hoping that Pixo would connect with you for the cool simple to use features you put into it. It will be awesome if future versions of ZB get dyanamic tesselation.

This is great news!

As I presume this will be a departure from the ‘Free’ status that was so awesome when Sculptris was released, I only offer these words:

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

On a side note, since it wasn’t really going to be developed further, good for him, all that money… oh well, when I get a job soon, I’ll be able to afford Zbrush, so doesn’t bother me much.

Super proud to be a Zbrusher right now.

I found Sculptris a few months ago and played with. Did research on the guy that created it. Was blown away. Of course I wasn’t going to starting using it fulltime…or incorporate into my workflow:( Sorry. It was one guy against Zbrush. It just couldn’t compete. Zbrush just simply has to big of a head start. But I saw the talent in the coder and admired his work. Amazed at the thought behind the program and how he had features in it that I have wished FOREVER for zbrush to have. That was the end of Sculptris for me.

To log into today and see that Zbrush saw that too and is going to nurture that kind of talent…well I just love that. I love for talent to work with talent. Good things can only come of it.

More excited about what might come of this than I am about 4.0 of zbrush.

Great job guys.

…I can see the point of developing with Pixologic support…with Taron giving that much praise to the developer, I guess I’ll relent to future progress of the program…

good luck :slight_smile:

I was trying the program since december, and I think that is a good start. At the beggining, the author planned the possibility to convert it to opensource, and in the community were very excited, because could be the first sculpting tool to be opensource. Sadly will not happened.
Congrats Pixologic, good adquisition, but now I would like to know, if you planned to introduce some technology of this tool in zbrush or otherwise, keep that tool as another standalone tool. I mean, doesn’t make sense to have too similar tools in the same company.

Cheers.

Yes!!! Congrats to all involved.:slight_smile:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

This news is AWESOME!! I am so very excited to see what the creative geniuses at Pixologic and the one-man-wounder, DrPeter, will bring to the table in the future. I found Sculptris ~a week ago and was thoroughly impressed. It really allows you to get forms and fine lines into a model fast, and it’s UI is a breath of fresh air (i love how all major sculpting brushes are just a figure’s length away). However, being a small app it defiantly has it’s limitations, and is no where near as powerful as Zbrush… that’s why i’m so excited to hear the two are having a baby. :smiley:

Congrats Thomas, you well deserve it.
And a round of applause for the people at Pixologic who continue to advance the way we do art.

awesome!

very interesting news!:smiley:

Sculptris hits the bigtime?
Congratulations to Dr Petter and ZBrush. :slight_smile:

thought he said he was done with Sculptris so he could focus on new projects, expect the unexpected i guess.

Tried to download but I only get this message!

“This server can only be accessed by the proper referring server.”:cry:

Anyone know what to do?

Peace
Crazy Horse

t’s a really great news to me!

Thomas as done an incredible job, he’s kind of a genius, doing this alone and in spare time… and it’s very funny to use, really good and simple workflow, I hope he can help pixo team to get the workflow of Zbrush easier.

The brush are awesome, I especially like the pinch and the flatten, the flatten work really like you want a flatten brush to work! But all the bursh are really nice and the tessalation it’s very cool too! I think it’s the best app for doing a base sculpt very quickly, then retopo and switch into Zbrush to add all the nice details, in that department, Zbrush is unbeatable :slight_smile:

Can’t wait to see what Zbrush would look like in a near futur :slight_smile:

I have a feeling this is the end of the free program as we know it. How sad. I still have a copy zipped some where i was giving it out to my nieces and nephews. I could not buy them all Zbrush, so Sculptris was the solution. too bad not anymore i guess. at least i have the latest beta copy. :confused:

I suppose i saw this coming. Congrats to the Developer. But a sad loss to the free 3D app community. I did see a blerb on Blender nation where they were adapting the technology into Blender sculpting. So perhaps it wont be a complete disappearance.

Smart move of Pixols part. I would have done the same thing from a business standpoint. Don’t take my post the wrong way. I’m just a poor struggling 3D artist . I could only afford a few programs. Zbrush being the most expensive. I have to suffice with Blender for box modeling… (shudder)

I was considering Silo, but they haven’t updated in 3 years… I think they are going down.

Pixol, I appeal to you, please keep Sculptris free.

~ Gridlost :o

wow! just tried it and i had a creature bust modled and painted in no time. Gr8 software! i guess the only limitation is that the mesh density can slow down your system after a while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU&translated=1 :+1: :slight_smile:

?

Are you role playing what went through the Dev’s head? or is this a personal inner monologue?

i think it’s both :wink:

wow, great news… thomas i wish you and pixologic all the best … :smiley:

pixologic is always good for a surprise… and i hope that will never change… keep rockin guys

well at first congratulations to Tomas Pettersson who made this program.

In a naive way i wish that pixologic publish this program in the future as a 0$ or really low cost program so that many people can see what a great and user firendly company Pixologic could be.

In a more realistic way I think Zbrush could benefit a lot of the UI/GUi design that is in Sculptris…